Groundhog summer transfer window thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
MrT

Re: January transfer rumours thread

Post by MrT »

Costa has a release clause of 32m but as usual the stories of whether Wenger thinks he's worth it are not far away.

PAY THE FUCKING MONEY WENGER YOU *word censored*!

Yes I know SteveO, Costa isn't coming. :banghead:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

MrT wrote:Costa has a release clause of 32m but as usual the stories of whether Wenger thinks he's worth it are not far away.

PAY THE FUCKING MONEY WENGER YOU *word censored*!

Yes I know SteveO, Costa isn't coming. :banghead:
Even if Messi had a release clause of £20m Chauncey Wenger would be unsure about it.

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

diego costa is overrated. up until last season he was a shit player that not even atletico wanted.

half a season later and 32 million pounds for him is a steal? :roll:

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

I Hate Hleb wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Abou's coming back :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Heard a similar rumour about Jesus!! :oops: :lol: :lol: :wink:
well played hlebby

Post by 1989 »

brazilianGOONER wrote:diego costa is overrated. up until last season he was a shit player that not even atletico wanted.

half a season later and 32 million pounds for him is a steal? :roll:
You're just saying this because he turned his back on Brazil in favour of Spain, aren't you BG? :lol: :wink:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

brazilianGOONER wrote:
I Hate Hleb wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Abou's coming back :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Heard a similar rumour about Jesus!! :oops: :lol: :lol: :wink:
well played hlebby
(yellow submarine)
he's coming back
he's out again
he's coming back
he's out again
abou diaby is made of fucking glass
made of fucking glass
made of fucking glass

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Costa is to 'not coming in January' to what Higuain and Suarez were to 'not coming in Summer'

Diego Costa - meet the man guaranteed to rip the shit out of us in a blue shirt for the next 5 years

Costa isn't coming

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Luis Suarez has ensured he now has an exit clause in his contract , thus avoiding the farce of the last window.

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:Luis Suarez has ensured he now has an exit clause in his contract , thus avoiding the farce of the last window.

Thought that might be the case alright - problem is that the victims will have ensured that the fee is 70m+ I would think

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:Luis Suarez has ensured he now has an exit clause in his contract , thus avoiding the farce of the last window.

Thought that might be the case alright - problem is that the victims will have ensured that the fee is 70m+ I would think
That's OK mate - this time he will spend big, haven't you heard? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Casillas and Morata are definitely not coming

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

FACT

augie

Post by augie »

I would absolutely fcuking love it if we signed casillas but there isn't a snowballs chance in hell of that happening - I think the fact that we didn't sign a permanent keeper (cesar for example) in the summer is a strong indication of where wenker stands on the subject :roll:

I know that there is a big debate going on at the mo regarding the fairness of the loan system and tbh I have mixed views on it but I have to say that no club with the amount of disposable cash that we have, should be allowed sign players on loan :x

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

augie wrote:

I would absolutely fcuking love it if we signed casillas but there isn't a snowballs chance in hell of that happening - I think the fact that we didn't sign a permanent keeper (cesar for example) in the summer is a strong indication of where wenker stands on the subject :roll:

I know that there is a big debate going on at the mo regarding the fairness of the loan system and tbh I have mixed views on it but I have to say that no club with the amount of disposable cash that we have, should be allowed sign players on loan :x
The loan system at times can benefit big clubs, small clubs, good players, shite players, old players, young players. But it can also be grossly unfair and at times preposterous. City paying Adebayor £100k+ a week to play for Spurs (although this actually continued after sale until the end of his contract at City!). Chelsea at one point last season having 21 players out on loan :shock: Managers at big clubs having their favourites and completely distorting the quality at lesser teams out of pure friendliness - like Alex Ferguson with his son or Wenger when we loaned Steve Bruce three players that probably got them promoted.

Raggy

Post by Raggy »

Morata? How good is he? Another kid? We want someone better than Giroud. We already have Podolski so if we are not getting a Diego Costa or better, may as well we just forget about that striker situation.

Arteta is not doing well at CDM when he plays there. We need a CDM.

Peace