Groundhog summer transfer window thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Theoperator

Re: Natalie's Deadline Day Titfest Thread

Post by Theoperator »

At least he is getting them young :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I cant think that theres a Gooner on the planet who is seriously not disappointed, many will be suicidal :banghead:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Theoperator wrote:At least he is getting them young :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I cant think that theres a Gooner on the planet who is seriously not disappointed, many will be suicidal :banghead:

What????? :shock: you're actually surprised by our (lack of) activity? No one can be surprised by it, can they? This whole thread is one big piss take from start to finish

FreddyTheRed

Post by FreddyTheRed »

Källstöm facts:

1. benchwarmer in spartak moscow, talks about him going back to swedish allsvenskan in the summer.(allsvenskan = Sky Bet League 1)
2. SLOW..SLOW did i say F***kg Slow (He will have hard time with the PL tempo)
3. Great left foot will be plus in deadballs.
4. Good crosser of the ball can see him hit perfect longballs to Giroud (swedish long balls)
5. INJURY PRONE
6. Bigup'd as the next swedish superstar 10yr ago as a playmaker but is now more like DM cuz his legs has gone

7.Lost his place in the national team to this guy last year a 37yrs old

and by the way the guy retired after the wc qualification.

TurnipMasher

Post by TurnipMasher »

From BBC:

Get involved via 81111

"Andy Quinn: Whether Arsenal sign someone or not the critics will react negative towards Arsene Wenger. Yes, we need a striker, but we also need experience and quality cover for those injured. Kallstrom could be another Wenger masterstroke as Arsenal enter a make-or-break six weeks. In Wenger we Trust!!!!! "

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

We moved out of our old stadium and pay the highest price for tickets in the EPL for the privilege of having players like Kim Källström grace our new one?
I had been trying to get a ticket for the Munich game, now they can stuff it.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

FreddyTheRed wrote:Källstöm facts:

1. benchwarmer in spartak moscow, talks about him going back to swedish allsvenskan in the summer.(allsvenskan = Sky Bet League 1)
2. SLOW..SLOW did i say F***kg Slow (He will have hard time with the PL tempo)
3. Great left foot will be plus in deadballs.
4. Good crosser of the ball can see him hit perfect longballs to Giroud (swedish long balls)
5. INJURY PRONE
6. Bigup'd as the next swedish superstar 10yr ago as a playmaker but is now more like DM cuz his legs has gone

7.Lost his place in the national team to this guy last year a 37yrs old

and by the way the guy retired after the wc qualification.
Great, and since our only other fit central midfielder is Arteta we can probably boast the least mobile central midfield in the country :barscarf: :barscarf:

Simon

Post by Simon »

Dan_85 wrote:
silus wrote:Frimpong gone on loan...I thought he said we was short in midfield?
Permanent deal, no loan.
:banghead: We've lost by far the greatest reindeer the world has ever seen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFPttXc2y0w

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

flash gunner wrote:
Theoperator wrote:At least he is getting them young :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

What????? :shock: you're actually surprised by our (lack of) activity? No one can be surprised by it, can they? This whole thread is one big piss take from start to finish
WTF Didnt mention surprise at all, getting to the suicide end here :evil:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:We moved out of our old stadium and pay the highest price for tickets in the EPL for the privilege of having players like Kim Källström grace our new one?
I just hope others also feel this way.
surely short term pain (ie boycotting a couple of matches) could lead to long term gain (a half empty stadium for the showpiece match of the year at the Emirates would surely give the board something to think about?)

Ryanswannell

Post by Ryanswannell »

Gunner Rob wrote:
foxinthebox2001 wrote:We moved out of our old stadium and pay the highest price for tickets in the EPL for the privilege of having players like Kim Källström grace our new one?
I just hope others also feel this way.
surely short term pain (ie boycotting a couple of matches) could lead to long term gain (a half empty stadium for the showpiece match of the year at the Emirates would surely give the board something to think about?)
Even if it does, it's too late then. Transfer window will be closed and Wengers new deal will be signed :banghead:

silus

Post by silus »

so far on SSn every pundit they've had on has said we need to sign a striker because if giroud gets injured we are screwed.

redknapp ,neville and carragher etc....(no matter what you think of them) can see it.

we can see it.

wenger can't :banghead:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

silus wrote:so far on SSn every pundit they've had on has said we need to sign a striker because if giroud gets injured we are screwed.

redknapp ,neville and carragher etc....(no matter what you think of them) can see it.

we can see it.

That's because we are all wrong and the great one is always right. :roll: :roll:

pisses me right off that we look like such muppets every fucking transfer window :banghead: :banghead:

Blood_Gooner

Post by Blood_Gooner »

silus wrote:so far on SSn every pundit they've had on has said we need to sign a striker because if giroud gets injured we are screwed.

we can see it.

None of them and none of us has worked 30 years in football tbf.

Can see it already, the towering, imposing statue of the great man being unveiled at the front of the bowl. :barscarf:

Cockerill's chin
Location: Found the transfer fund... in Bendtner/Diaby/Denilson's pockets

Post by Cockerill's chin »

How can Wenger say £37m is too much to pay for future world class talent but accept a £24m 3 years contract for a has been talent who hasn't competed for a trophy for over a decade?

Is it just another greedy man in football who enjoys complaining about the greed in football?
Last edited by Cockerill's chin on Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ElSquirrel

Post by ElSquirrel »

Blood_Gooner wrote:

we can see it.

None of them and none of us has worked 30 years in football tbf.

Can see it already, the towering, imposing statue of the great man being unveiled at the front of the bowl. :barscarf:
How about at the front of a bowl of Weetabix. :cussing: