Arsenal vs. Stoke Betting Strategy

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
worthing_gooner

Re: Arsenal vs. Stoke Betting Strategy

Post by worthing_gooner »

Nice site. Dutching is certainly profitable if you use the strategy properly.

I make a nice part time income myself with Betfair. Nothing spectacular but then again I don't push my stakes too high. It's definitely possible, but it's not easy. It's all about statistics and number crunching - that way, you can find an edge and if you have an edge and are betting with the odds on your side then you'll win.

If your edge tells you something will win 6/10 occasions and you're getting evens, then you will win long term and that's what it's all about.

gavbacon

Post by gavbacon »

Rob Admin wrote:Hi,
The system works by spreading risk over a number of results, for example for the Arsenal vs. Stoke match I have 8 correct scorelines with a 35% return.
So, spending £100 altogether on 8 bets and Arsenal winning 3.1, how much money did you make?

redfox

Post by redfox »

You all right lad?

what bets you doing today?

:rubchin:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

gavbacon wrote:
The system works by spreading risk over a number of results, for example for the Arsenal vs. Stoke match I have 8 correct scorelines with a 35% return.
So, spending £100 altogether on 8 bets and Arsenal winning 3.1, how much money did you make?
Er, 35% of £100..........

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

nut flush gooner wrote:
gavbacon wrote:
Er, 35% of £100..........

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The modern education system, eh? :oops: :wink: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

I would love to be Gavbacon's bookie :D :D :D

here you go son, you had a 20/1 winner, you gave me £20 pound note, so i'll give you £1.00 back, :D

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

:lol: :lol:

In fairness to gavbacon, if 35% is the minimum possible return, he may have meant what was the actual winnings, given that they will be slightly different according to the result. :rubchin: :rubchin:

gavbacon

Post by gavbacon »

Was just asking how much profit was made, I'll provide an example of my thinking, please feel free to correct me...

So... £100 split 8 ways, presumably evenly is £12 50. So, £12.50 on Arsenal to win 3.1 was maybe 15 to 1 which gives a return of £200 including the stake being returned, so a profit of £100.

Simple question I thought gents. Apologies for confusing anyone...

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

gavbacon wrote:Was just asking how much profit was made, I'll provide an example of my thinking, please feel free to correct me...

So... £100 split 8 ways, presumably evenly is £12 50. So, £12.50 on Arsenal to win 3.1 was maybe 15 to 1 which gives a return of £200 including the stake being returned, so a profit of £100.

fair point, we clearly read it wrong, we are only joshing with you punkey... :D

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

:lol: :lol: all joshing aside it was quite a legitimate question from the perspective of somebody also unfamiliar with this.

For example, a 35% return could be a fixed return (meaning that you would have to wage different and precise amounts on the different outcomes), an average return or a minimum return.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gavbacon wrote:Was just asking how much profit was made, I'll provide an example of my thinking, please feel free to correct me...

You'll find that happens quite easily on here. :lol: :wink:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

For anyone not overly clued up on gambling - just bet on both teams to score every week in our games. Over the season will give a nice tidy profit. Dead cert this weekend.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

I Hate Hleb wrote::lol: :lol:

In fairness to gavbacon, if 35% is the minimum possible return, he may have meant what was the actual winnings, given that they will be slightly different according to the result. :rubchin: :rubchin:
What he is saying if you followed his system, with exactly the same scores and proportion of bets on each score your return on investment would be 35%.

That is much better than a deposit account for example, do it consistently throughout the season on a betting roll of say £1000 and you can make a decent income. The difficult thing is actually picking the correct score range although arsenal seem to like 3-1 at the moment :lol:

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

goonertux wrote:For anyone not overly clued up on gambling - just bet on both teams to score every week in our games. Over the season will give a nice tidy profit. Dead cert this weekend.
6 out of 7 this season in the league

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

goonertux wrote:For anyone not overly clued up on gambling - just bet on both teams to score every week in our games. Over the season will give a nice tidy profit. Dead cert this weekend.
6 out of 7 this season in the league