WBA in the whatever its called cup

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TurnipMasher

Re: WBA in the whatever its called cup

Post by TurnipMasher »

OneBardGooner wrote:
TurnipMasher wrote:If the pie-eating bastard plays for us, he better run non-stop until he pukes, and then run some more. He has a very long way to go before he deserves any respect. Absolute disgrace to be on that wage and let his fitness slip that far.
true.

Who ate all the pies
And let their fitness slide
You fat B*****d
You fat B*****d

:D :barscarf:
Hahahaha! Awesome! That needs to be sung! :D

wibble

Post by wibble »

p206ab wrote:I would really like Nic to surprise us, like Manone or Flappy did last season. Really, really, because if not, who will score? We will be out of this cup in first round :oops: :roll:
In what way did Mannone or flappy surpsie us? In being even shitter than we thought?

As much as NB's fitness is a joke, I hope he can do well as a backup at least until January

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

wibble wrote:
p206ab wrote:I would really like Nic to surprise us, like Manone or Flappy did last season. Really, really, because if not, who will score? We will be out of this cup in first round :oops: :roll:
In what way did Mannone or flappy surpsie us? In being even shitter than we thought?

As much as NB's fitness is a joke, I hope he can do well as a backup at least until January
No one could ever have guesed just how bad things with those two could/would get... I think even wenker was traumatised by it... :D :wink:

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

AKPOM :barscarf:

p206ab

Post by p206ab »

wibble wrote:

I agree, they were/are sh**. But when Flappy kept a clean sheet in Munich, that was a huge surprise for me based on his previous performances. :lol: :lol:
So, if Nic scores tomorrow that would be the same, huge surprise, maybe this time not just for me 8)

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

wibble wrote:

Probably not any more but a few years back Bendtner was a viable last-ditch option - to get another body in the box in the last 10 minutes or so. Finishing has never been his strong suit but he was a hassle and I don't doubt his height and unpredictability made defenders panic late on when we were throwing the kitchen sink at them. Although quite why Wenger saw fit to keep bringing him on on the wing is beyond me.

In 09/10 when he was playing regularly :oops: he was far from a great, good or even adequate striker but he did pop up with some important goals late on in some games (Hull away and Wolves home spring to mind as well as helping get 3 points in Mordor).

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Defeat in this competition leaves us one viable option to win a trophy - massive game

wibble

Post by wibble »

SteveO 35 wrote:Defeat in this competition leaves us one viable option to win a trophy - massive game
The Emirates cup has already been and gone i'm afraid!

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:Come on the world's best striker!
Not 'Avin a go' Gj, but I recall an interview where he was asked about his (supposedly) claiming to be the world's best striker, and he said he has never said or claimed that, but was mis-quoted(sic) when he said "I want to oe day be the world's best striker, I believe I have the potential to perhaps achieve that'

Even so, we all know he is a big headed barsteward who hasn't fulfilled expectations...

"Time to get behind the big Dane, if only because - rate him or not - he is a proper centre forward and the only viable option for giving Giroud the odd rest in the coming couple of months. You never know, he may end up surprising us"

Totally agree Hlebby..It would be amazing if IF...he did manage to play good enough to be a regular challenger for CF spot....I mean the majority on here (including myself) wrote Rambo off....and yet he has (so far) proved me / others wrong...so maybe Bendtner can!? :|
He said this in 2010:

"If you ask me if I am one of the best strikers in the world, I say yes because I believe it."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... eason.html

green gooner

Re:

Post by green gooner »

Red Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Not 'Avin a go' Gj, but I recall an interview where he was asked about his (supposedly) claiming to be the world's best striker, and he said he has never said or claimed that, but was mis-quoted(sic) when he said "I want to oe day be the world's best striker, I believe I have the potential to perhaps achieve that'

Even so, we all know he is a big headed barsteward who hasn't fulfilled expectations...

"Time to get behind the big Dane, if only because - rate him or not - he is a proper centre forward and the only viable option for giving Giroud the odd rest in the coming couple of months. You never know, he may end up surprising us"

Totally agree Hlebby..It would be amazing if IF...he did manage to play good enough to be a regular challenger for CF spot....I mean the majority on here (including myself) wrote Rambo off....and yet he has (so far) proved me / others wrong...so maybe Bendtner can!? :|
He said this in 2010:

"If you ask me if I am one of the best strikers in the world, I say yes because I believe it."

I have to freely admit i am appalled this lump of dung is still about the club, let alone being in contention for a starting slot :cussing:

Bin him and unleash the future, Chuba

Brady's left peg

Re: Re:

Post by Brady's left peg »

green gooner wrote:
Red Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

He said this in 2010:

I have to freely admit i am appalled this lump of dung is still about the club, let alone being in contention for a starting slot :cussing:

Bin him and unleash the future, Chuba

judging by the size of Bendtners waistline, he is unleashing the chubba. :D

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Koscielny should play in every league cup until we win it after his fuck up in the final. How about Eisfeld, Yennaris, Bellerin, Jon Toral, and Akpom, surely they have to be involved if fit?

I'd go Viviano, Bellerin, TV5, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Flamini, Zelalem, Bendtner, Ryo, Gnabry, A bit weak on the right hand side. Where's Eboue when you need him??

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Nos89 wrote: I'd go Viviano, Bellerin, TV5, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Flamini, Zelalem, Bendtner, Ryo, Gnabry,
Injured, Zelalem is gone til November.

Older readers may get this, dare I say it, but if Bendtner and Akpom both play then will we have a strike-force of Chubby and the Chuba?

OneBardGooner

Re:

Post by OneBardGooner »

Red Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

He said this in 2010:

I hadn't seen that.

:rubchin: :rubchin: So it's agreed by all then he's a *word censored*...sorry I meant he's a fat lard arsed egotistical bloated *word censored*.

:proudtosay: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

QuartzGooner wrote:
Nos89 wrote: I'd go Viviano, Bellerin, TV5, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Flamini, Zelalem, Bendtner, Ryo, Gnabry,
Injured, Zelalem is gone til November.

Older readers may get this, dare I say it, but if Bendtner and Akpom both play then will we have a strike-force of Chubby and the Chuba?
aka: The Buddha Brothers :D :wink: