WBA in the whatever its called cup

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
topgoon

Re: WBA in the whatever its called cup

Post by topgoon »

Dan_85 wrote:
Midz wrote:
Dan_85 wrote:So why didn't Per and TV take pens? I'm always of the opinion that your more experienced players should take the first kicks? Did they bottle it or was it some wacky AW scheme to build the kids confidence? :?
Dunno, I was surprised TV5 didn't take one.
Missed the vital pen at Bradford last season. Bottled it this time?
I am glad he didn't, I still have flashes off his penalty in slow mo and in my drunken stupor only realising he missed when the Bradford City fans went mental. :cry:

Post by 1989 »

Proud of the young lads to be fair, that wasn't easy at all, away to a full strength PL side and more than done themselves justice.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

1989 wrote:Proud of the young lads to be fair, that wasn't easy at all, away to a full strength PL side and more than done themselves justice.
Really?

I didn't think Ryo, Gnarby or Eisfeld played that well to be honest. Our defensive unit (i.e. not the youngsters) carried us tonight because going forward we stunk the place out. Ryo and Gnarby always seemed to lose the ball and attacks seemed to break down whenever they were in possession.

Just my observation of course. I was half asleep, so maybe you're right and I'm wrong.

Good touch and finish by Eisfeld though. And was surprised the card wasn't red when Hayden clattered into the WBA player in the first half.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ch-2301156

The headline for this story makes me think the writer wasn't at the game and probably didn't even watch it.

The 1st sentence is hilarious, Bendtner "helps" us win. The assist may have been good but the lazy fat w**ker spent the game being useless. The most notable thing he did all match was use ballboys for target practice and walk into a lamppost :banghead: :banghead:

wibble

Post by wibble »

topgoon wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ch-2301156

The headline for this story makes me think the writer wasn't at the game and probably didn't even watch it.

The 1st sentence is hilarious, Bendtner "helps" us win. The assist may have been good but the lazy fat w**ker spent the game being useless. The most notable thing he did all match was use ballboys for target practice and walk into a lamppost :banghead: :banghead:
haha. my favourite quote is this:

'It then took a brilliant tackle on Bendtner, when clean through, by Craig Dawson to thwart the Dane in normal time.'

No it didn't. It took Bendtner dallying on the ball and being fat and slow to enable dawson to thwart the twat in normal time.

Nice pass though!

Post by 1989 »

g88ner wrote:
1989 wrote:Proud of the young lads to be fair, that wasn't easy at all, away to a full strength PL side and more than done themselves justice.
Really?

I didn't think Ryo, Gnarby or Eisfeld played that well to be honest. Our defensive unit (i.e. not the youngsters) carried us tonight because going forward we stunk the place out. Ryo and Gnarby always seemed to lose the ball and attacks seemed to break down whenever they were in possession.

Just my observation of course. I was half asleep, so maybe you're right and I'm wrong.

Good touch and finish by Eisfeld though. And was surprised the card wasn't red when Hayden clattered into the WBA player in the first half.
Collectively they did the club proud though. Some of them have never played a competitive first team game for us (Hayden, Olsson, Akpom, Bellerin) but didn't hide during the game. I'm referring more to these boys than the likes of Miyaichi and Gnabry whom as you say stank the place out. :oops:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Surely when you are a youngster anytime you are part of a winning team playing at a level higher than you are used to must give you extra confidence, even if your own performance wasn't as good as you may have wanted? :rubchin: The fact that a victory probably gives them another opportunity to play in competitive matches for the first team and gain more experience is also an added bonus and thus can only be good for the young lads' personal development.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Also think you guys are being harsh on Ryo. The kid has spent the best part of the two seasons that he was out on loan to gain experience injured or on the bench. He then gets drafted into the first team squad without having played many competitive games since coming over from Japan and therefore hasn't had opportunities to get 'the lie of the land' so to speak. On top of that, he has only just stopped being a teenager!! Let's at least wait until we see the lad play 20 or 30 games before making any definitive judgments as to his ability and worth.

Post by 1989 »

I Hate Hleb wrote:Also think you guys are being harsh on Ryo. The kid has spent the best part of the two seasons that he was out on loan to gain experience injured or on the bench. He then gets drafted into the first team squad without having played many competitive games since coming over from Japan and therefore hasn't had opportunities to get 'the lie of the land' so to speak. On top of that, he has only just stopped being a teenager!! Let's at least wait until we see the lad play 20 or 30 games before making any definitive judgments as to his ability and worth.
He won't make it here. Mark my words.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

A dire game but a good night. Given our injury list AW had little choice but to play reserves and youngsters. The BFG was the only match fit first teamed to play, so a lot of players got playing time and we won away against PL opposition. Dull but a decent night's work.

I think Gnabry could make it but Ryo isn't showing any signs.

markyp

Post by markyp »

as mentioned our defence saw us through.there was a lot of shoite on show,they need to learn when to pass the fucking ball instead of running up blind alleys ala Wilshere,good win though,the roll continues :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Funny how some people were heralding Viviano as a signing that would provide genuine competition to Szczesny and he may well never even play for us.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

g88ner wrote:Glad that's over. Horrible game to watch.

I've still never seen Gnarby or Ryo have a good game - not writing them off, just an observation.

Always nice to win - especially on penaties 8) surprised Vermaelen wasn't one of our 5 penalty takers though :? he's our captain and likes to take free kicks.... thought that was odd considering the inexperience in the side. Oh well, we won :D
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24279868

Le Prof answer's that question! :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:Stick that up your hole you West Brom *word censored* :barscarf:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Dan_85 wrote:So why didn't Per and TV take pens? I'm always of the opinion that your more experienced players should take the first kicks? Did they bottle it or was it some wacky AW scheme to build the kids confidence? :?
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Feckin' ell what's your real name Mystic Meg!???

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24279868

:wink: