WBA in the whatever its called cup

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Chippy

WBA in the whatever its called cup

Post by Chippy »

First of 2 in short succession. Should win comfortably but who knows with this team?

p206ab

Re: WBA in the whatever its called cup

Post by p206ab »

Bendtner with two and Ryo to make it 3-0.
A man will stand in the corner after Nic's second, with a contract and a pen to be signed during celebration.
:barscarf:

No, seriously we should win this.
This surely has to be a day for Viviano debut.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Chippy wrote:First of 2 in short succession. Should win comfortably but who knows with this team?

I can see us putting out a near scratch side - with one or two supplemented who need games - Monreal, Arteta, TV but I would expect us to get beaten.

REB

Post by REB »

baggies put out a strong side then I would expect to be beaten , but good chance for a few fringe players and vermaelan to get good game time.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Could do with giving a rest to Giroud for this so come on down Barry Bender the price is right. Should see starts for the likes of Monreal, Arteta, Vermaelen, Miachi, Gbarby, Jenks and Vivano. We will have to risk one of Kos or the BFG to partner Verm due to lack of options I suppose. The most interesting thing about this game will be the team sheet I fear.

markyp

Post by markyp »

who cares,a well earned rest for our first 11,a chance for the reserves to have a go and show how shoite they are :(

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Give it a go this year because by the time December comes, there's usually only shit teams like Bradford left in and we all know we could thrash them.

Brady's left peg

Post by Brady's left peg »

Viviano,Jenkinson,Monreal,Vermaelen,some bloke we should of signed in the summer,Arteta,Flamini,ping-pong,Miyaichi,Gnabry and the greatest striker that has ever lived AKA Bendtner.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

rodders999 wrote:Could do with giving a rest to Giroud for this so come on down Barry Bender the price is right. Should see starts for the likes of Monreal, Arteta, Vermaelen, Miachi, Gbarby, Jenks and Vivano. We will have to risk one of Kos or the BFG to partner Verm due to lack of options I suppose. The most interesting thing about this game will be the team sheet I fear.
No way will Kos and Mert be within 200 miles of the Hawthorns.This is a rest the first 11 game.

Brady's left peg

Post by Brady's left peg »

donaldo wrote:
rodders999 wrote:Could do with giving a rest to Giroud for this so come on down Barry Bender the price is right. Should see starts for the likes of Monreal, Arteta, Vermaelen, Miachi, Gbarby, Jenks and Vivano. We will have to risk one of Kos or the BFG to partner Verm due to lack of options I suppose. The most interesting thing about this game will be the team sheet I fear.
No way will Kos and Mert be within 200 miles of the Hawthorns.This is a rest the first 11 game.
Triple post Donaldo? Even by your standards that's good going! :lol: :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

One of the most important games of the season in my book

The King of Denmark has already had more than enough chances in this cup in the past so if Akpom's fit I'd play him up front (presumably the Postman is still injured after his last round?)

Who on earth will be playing at CB? Presumably TV5 is fit enough for a run out now but who will partner him? He can afford to play Nacho and Jenkinson at full backs.

Hopefully he'll play Viviano too as that other useless wanker has thrown this competition away more times than I care to remember

Midz

Post by Midz »

I'd play Jack in this match as he needs match time.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Midz wrote:I'd play Jack in this match as he needs match time.
I think the exact opposite - he looks like a week off will do him the world of good. I'd be amazed if he plays against WBA - in fact, I'm certain he won't.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

donaldo wrote:
Who will partner Vermaelen at CB so?

spendsum4uckingmoney

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

Hope we take the cup seriously this year. So vital we win something now.