FIFPro Legal Challenge/Scrap Transfer Windows ? [POLL]

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Should the transfer windows be abolished?

YES - Bring back the old system.
38%
NO - Keep the two windows as they are.
23%
CHANGE - Bring in a new system.
35%
NOT SURE
4%

Total votes: 26

QuartzGooner

Re: Should the transfer windows be abolished? [POLL]

Post by QuartzGooner »

FIFPro to launch legal challenge to transfer system.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ayers.html

augie

Re: Should the transfer windows be abolished? [POLL]

Post by augie »

QuartzGooner wrote:FIFPro to launch legal challenge to transfer system.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ayers.html

Why is it that these c*nts think that theirs is the only industry where the members should be allowed to sign contracts and then just walk away when it suits ? They all want the security of having a contract until the day comes that they think that they can get more money elsewhere and then they complain that the contracts prohibit their right to move freely :roll: :evil:
I would piss myself if they got their way on this only to see FIFA then introduce a salary cup structure similar to what in employed in the nfl - to me it would make no sense for clubs to pay extortionate wages to a player only for him to walk out a few weeks later with no compensation for the clubs so common sense should dictate that no transfer fees and no contract rules should in turn mean much much lower wages

Nos89

Re: FIFPro/Should the transfer windows be abolished? [POLL]

Post by Nos89 »

No for two reasons;

1) Whilst Wenger is still manager we'd never buy anyone ever again without a deadline

2) Deadline day can be as tense than Deal or No Deal - an idea there for sky/bbc/btsport

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

clockender1

Re: FIFPro Legal Challenge/Scrap Transfer Windows ? [POLL]

Post by clockender1 »

I'd rather have the old system back but in a prefect world the closed season would be the transfer season.

No exceptions except for goalkeepers. I'd also limit the squad size to 25.

If fifpro wins clubs will just cut wages and use bonuses to keep players.the signing on bonus would be a thing of the past.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fuck all this fancy shit. :roll:

What we need to do first is bring in a wage cap for these fucking mercenary modern day money obsessed bling-strewn bastard footballers. :x :evil:

And then introduce serious punitive clauses for not honouring contracts. :evil:

And then ban agents. And kill a good few of them too. Fucking poxbottles. :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

counting on FIFA to make changes for the good of the game is like counting on the brazilian government to worry about the life quality of the average citizen.

they are way too corrupt and have their heads shoved in their own arseholes far too much to worry about what is best for the game.

agree with augie idea: window opens when season ends, closes when season starts again. simple.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

brazilianGOONER wrote:counting on FIFA to make changes for the good of the game is like counting on the brazilian government to worry about the life quality of the average citizen.

they are way too corrupt and have their heads shoved in their own arseholes far too much to worry about what is best for the game.

agree with augie idea: window opens when season ends, closes when season starts again. simples.
hmmmm.... :rubchin: You're about the same size as a Meerkat too! :-P :wink:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

brazilianGOONER wrote:..
agree with augie idea: window opens when season ends, closes when season starts again. simple.
Agree in principle but whose season? :rubchin: Many of the leagues (even in Europe) start at different points of the year so you could have a domestic transfer window period but would find it difficult to organise a European or World-Wide one without upsetting someone.

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

I Hate Hleb wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote:..
Agree in principle but whose season? :rubchin: Many of the leagues (even in Europe) start at different points of the year so you could have a domestic transfer window period but would find it difficult to organise a European or World-Wide one without upsetting someone.
south american seasons are like scandinavian seasons (february-november) but i would believe most european leagues are september-may?

i would say, a window from june 1st - august 30th. three months surely should be enough, and i don't think any other leagues than the mentioned ones (scandinavia, russia) have games in that period?