Happy birthday Wrighty

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: Happy birthday Wrighty

Post by northbank123 »

I'm going to be controversial and no doubt unpopular but I see a lot of similarities with Craig Bellamy.

- Underprivileged background
- Need to feel loved at a club or they'd sulk/play up
- Extremely competitive and dedicated
- Love playing football to the degree they'd probably play for 3 or 4 different teams if they weren't pros
- Won't give anything other than their brutally honest opinion on anything
- Both are actually very kind and generous individuals.

denhaaggooner

Post by denhaaggooner »

That interview should be shown to all the current team , so they understand fully what playing for The Arsenal is all about ! it is not just a football team it is an institution .

A dallying Gus Caesar

Post by A dallying Gus Caesar »

Happy belated birthday to the legend that is Ian Wright.

The best 'instinctive' finisher I have ever seen at the club.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Imagine the amount of goals he would have got had he played at his peak with the current and various midfield's since 1998. :rubchin: It would have been millions!! :barscarf: :lol: :lol: :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

My favourite Arsenal player of all time, not the best but my favourite.... His enthusiasm, clinical finishing and goal celebrations made him special. Happy belated Birthday Wrighty :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Happy birthday Wrighty......in terms of being a legend, its all been said above but he was one of the few players who would genuinely make me piss myself laughing too with his goal celebrations and playing up to the cameras

Top man - still acts as childishly as I do when we lose as well !

:barscarf:

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

Well done from the respondees (yes I was one)....piss poor overall however I have to say. Compare Wrighty and his attitude,skill and desire to some of our current ''staff''.How much could he do in this team.....and he wouldn't have gone missing at the weekend! Deserves, from the so called premier forum, more love than this.

:barscarf: