IF YOU COULD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
g88ner

Re: IF YOU COULD

Post by g88ner »

QuartzGooner wrote:Realistically -

Sign - Benteke

Sell - Frimpong

Loan - Miyaichi
agree with selling Frimpong and loaning Miyaichi.

Not sure what a realistic signing is anymore. That went out the window when we signed Ozil! :?

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

QuartzGooner wrote:Realistically -

Sign - Benteke

Sell - Frimpong

Loan - Miyaichi

Would go with the above. In case Bayern go in for Lewandovski in Jan, a loan deal for Mandzukic would not be the worst option.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

REB wrote:sign one player

sell one player

loan out one player

in the jan transfer window.

buy lewandowski
sell nic the twat bendtner
loan jenkinson
You'd loan out our only back up right back? :shock:

I really don't understand where the criticism of Jenkinson comes from (not that you're necessarily criticising him), he was outstanding last season when Sagna was injured before being unfairly dropped as soon as Sagna was fit. Since then he has barely had a sniff in the first team, has come in for a game here and there with mixed results and a couple of poor performances. Were people really expecting him to pick up where he left off straight away?

I rate the lad highly, he's nothing fancy but he's a brilliant athlete, can cross a football and has shown signs in the past of being a solid defender.

Edit: In answer to the question :lol:

Lewandoski
Bendtner
Miyachi

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Buy Suarez proven in the prem.A world class player.A 30 league goal striker.Cheap at £55m

Sell: Bendtner.It wont happen of course.What mug will pay him £52k a week other than Wenger

Loan: Jenkinson sadly he is not good enough.Championship at best or West Ham :lol:

Poldi

Post by Poldi »

Buy Cardozo (Benfica)

Sell Bendtner

loan don't know

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Poldi wrote:Buy Cardozo (Benfica)

Sell Bendtner

loan don't know
Cardozo? The bloke is 30 and has only ever played in a second-rate league. Of all the players you could sign it'd be him? :|

I went to watch Nacional Madeira v Benfica when I was on holiday a few years back and have to say that close up he was really carrying some weight for a pro footballer. He had a pretty average game and still scored twice, but that was testament to the woeful quality of that league rather than his clinical finishing.

jrthgooner

Post by jrthgooner »

Buy: Cavani. Allegedly unhappy at PSG and maybe Arsene could use his special relationship with them to make it happen

Sell: Park; Bendtner; Diaby; Sanogo; Frimpong; Miyachi (hopefully all of them would go but would settle for half of them leaving)

Loan: Akpom. He clearly has an eye for goal and needs to be playing games at a higher than reserve team level

Poldi

Post by Poldi »

northbank123 wrote:

Sell Bendtner

loan don't know
Cardozo? The bloke is 30 and has only ever played in a second-rate league. Of all the players you could sign it'd be him? :|

I went to watch Nacional Madeira v Benfica when I was on holiday a few years back and have to say that close up he was really carrying some weight for a pro footballer. He had a pretty average game and still scored twice, but that was testament to the woeful quality of that league rather than his clinical finishing.
Didn't know he was that old :D, he's a proven natural goal scorer nonetheless, even if it's in a second-rate league. I'd also go for Lewandowski, but he's not available anyway, not much use to vote for him...

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

LDB wrote:
REB wrote:sign one player

sell one player

loan out one player

in the jan transfer window.

buy lewandowski
sell nic the twat bendtner
loan jenkinson
You'd loan out our only back up right back? :shock:

I really don't understand where the criticism of Jenkinson comes from (not that you're necessarily criticising him), he was outstanding last season when Sagna was injured before being unfairly dropped as soon as Sagna was fit. Since then he has barely had a sniff in the first team, has come in for a game here and there with mixed results and a couple of poor performances. Were people really expecting him to pick up where he left off straight away?

I rate the lad highly, he's nothing fancy but he's a brilliant athlete, can cross a football and has shown signs in the past of being a solid defender.

Edit: In answer to the question :lol:

Lewandoski
Bendtner
Miyachi
Agree about loaning out Jenkinson.....and leave who as our back up right back - Yennaris ? (who actually has done OK at times in the League Cup but is hardly an improvement on Jenkinson)

Jenkinson isn't shit but nor is he as good as a lot of people made him out to be last season. Sagna had a terrible spell last year but we are talking about a proven international class right back where as Jenkinson has come a long way in a short space of time but still has much to learn.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Poldi wrote:
northbank123 wrote:

Sell Bendtner

loan don't know

Didn't know he was that old :D, he's a proven natural goal scorer nonetheless, even if it's in a second-rate league. I'd also go for Lewandowski, but he's not available anyway, not much use to vote for him...
Given that nearly all of the answers so far have been Lewandowski, Falcao, Suarez or Cavani I think reality went out the window a long time ago :lol:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Pique is supposedly unhappy at Barca.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Now lets go with what is likely.....

Sell nobody (unless for fucks sake lets hope someone is desperate enough for the Danish Dumpling)

Loan out - about 4 players just to make us even more threadbare

Sign......nobody........apart from KALOU........and Baba gets invited back to the forum just to start the whole WW3 with McDowell all over again

FACT

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

SteveO 35 wrote:FACT
Benitez is joining us?

:lol:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Buy Suarez. The rest i dont care.

Post by 1989 »