A SONG FOR FLAM!!!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Re: A SONG FOR FLAM!!!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

He has a song, if people went games they would hear it

“ here’s to you Mathieu Flamini, Arsenal loves you more than you will know , whooo ohhh ohhh”

Mrs Robinson

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Love the Mrs Robinson song for Flamoney. Proper quality song. Reminds me of "We love you Freddie". 8)

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Problem with the 'Mrs Robinson' song for Flamini is that you can only sing the same line twice before you have to stop. It's not one that you can keep going without additional lyrics or a stronger but more simple melody. :rubchin: :rubchin:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

I Hate Hleb wrote:Problem with the 'Mrs Robinson' song for Flamini is that you can only sing the same line twice before you have to stop. It's not one that you can keep going without additional lyrics or a stronger but more simple melody. :rubchin: :rubchin:
Here's to you, matthew flamini,
Arsenal loves you more than you know, wo wo wo

God bless your knees, matthew flamini,
Arsenal is the place for you play.
hey hey hey, hey hey hey.

coo coo ca choo, matthew flamini,

God bless your peas, matthew flamini,
hey hey hey, hey hey hey....

THE ARSENAL !

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

clockender1 wrote:
I Hate Hleb wrote:Problem with the 'Mrs Robinson' song for Flamini is that you can only sing the same line twice before you have to stop. It's not one that you can keep going without additional lyrics or a stronger but more simple melody. :rubchin: :rubchin:

God bless your sleeves, matthew flamini,

THE ARSENAL !
:D :barscarf: :wink:

Deise Gooner

Post by Deise Gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
clockender1 wrote:

THE ARSENAL !
Roll up your sleeves Mathieu Flamini, etc. fits a bit better :wink: :barscarf:

Chips and Chocolate

Post by Chips and Chocolate »

Tell that to those who kept the song going for 10+ minutes in the bars in Dortmund! I've cringed at some of the recent chants but this one is aq cracker: simple and effective

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Deise Gooner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
clockender1 wrote:

THE ARSENAL !
Roll up your sleeves Mathieu Flamini, etc. fits a bit better :wink: :barscarf:

Great shout :barscarf:

Also think "Gooners" love you more than you will know scans better replacing the original lyric of "Jesus".

And "Arsenal is the place for you to play" makes for sense.

All in all a lovely little ditty and as far as I know unique ( I do like it when we have a song that is ours, not knicked off other clubs)

Step

Post by Step »

Good to see a good song is already doing the rounds (not heard it at Home though)

I,ve wanted this guy back at Arsenal for the past 4 years and for me he is the signing of the season. A real grafter that rarely gets the credit he deserves from the fans (although the media have been on the case for some time).
He is what we have lacked for the past 5 years.
Guts, determination and above all endless spirit.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Chips and Chocolate wrote:
Tell that to those who kept the song going for 10+ minutes in the bars in Dortmund! I've cringed at some of the recent chants but this one is aq cracker: simple and effective
It's all well and good that they sing it for so long in the bars but it's in the ground that we are talking about - where both the player and the other supporters can hear it in order for it to grow - and in my opinion it would be more difficult to keep it going there for more than a couple of times. Hope I'm proved wrong though.

arsenalmorris

Post by arsenalmorris »

Chips and Chocolate wrote:
Hahaha yea it seemed to be going on for ages in Dortmund, The tuesday night in the square was amazing

samflitt

Post by samflitt »

The "here's to you Mathieu Flamini" song has been going since Dortmund away.

It was sung very loud at Cardiff away but I doubt it will ever be sung at the Emirates as only a few people sing there and the rest only know songs such as 'Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal'

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

samflitt wrote:The "here's to you Mathieu Flamini" song has been going since Dortmund away.

It was sung very loud at Cardiff away but I doubt it will ever be sung at the Emirates as only a few people sing there and the rest only know songs such as 'Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal'
There is another song that the 'singing section' at the Bowl know well and I expect to hear it sung loudly tonight.

Do you need any clues? :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin:

There's Only One Gazidis ??? :D

Step

Post by Step »

I think the Robinson song is great but after 2 sings follow on immediately with - we got him for free, we got him for free,that nutty Frenchman, Mathieu Flamini.

Think they would work well together in the ground if sung in unison.