VILLA AWAY

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
REB

VILLA AWAY

Post by REB »

9 day break between games and should have a team strong enough to get all 3 points.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: VILLA AWAY

Post by StuartL »

Considering Sheff Utd put them out of the cup today,, at Villa Park you would think that we would have too much for them.

Rosicky's Right Boot

Post by Rosicky's Right Boot »

Villa are in disarray, so expect them to complete the double over us.

In all seriousness no excuses for this game. We'll have players back and rested.

markyp

Post by markyp »

lets repay them the favour of our opening day defeat,please :oops:

Post by 1989 »

0-4

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

As I said before, no excuses now before February 8th.
Must win game and I think Villa will struggle to contain us.

1-3✔

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Gnabry had a good game today, i'd like to see him start again. I firmly believe with young players that when they are on a roll let them role - that was the case with cashley & jack for example, and as stated above villa are poor.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

With Walcott getting a few weeks sabbatical either for his gesture or injury or both, chances are that we will see a lot more of Gnabry in the next few months.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Really looking foreward to this one, thanks to a very kind Gooner will be watching with fellow Gooners this time :lol:

HAve been in the Trinity Rd Stand FIVE times over the years to watch us :oops: :oops: I do like Villa Park as a ground, really wish FA Cup semis could return to these sort of venues instead of the crappy Wembly half cup finals nowadays :roll: :roll:

Hoping for a 0-5 type pasting. They are looking woeful and Benteke is SO out of form.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

they are shit but especially shit at villa park. hope for a comfortable win and I'd expect the usual chorus of boos at full time emanating from the usual half empty holte end

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:they are shit but especially shit at villa park. hope for a comfortable win and I'd expect the usual chorus of boos at full time emanating from the usual half empty holte end
Yes, those witty Brummie wankers full of their "'ave you won the European Cup" and "shit support my lord" on their away days out of the slums, somehow seem unable to fill their cesspit and have done for many years to my knowledge

Good luck to anyone trying to find a pub worthy of the name within spitting distance of that hole

The game - a much tighter than anticipated one. 0-1 of course

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

I fucking despise Villa. The spurs of the midlands.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

We have a long time to plan for this game, long time to get Giroud fully fit, if Vlaar is still injured he will bully their defenders.

Need to not play to high a line and we will do alright. Benteke is still not the last season version so we just need to play our full strength back line and we can beat them, hope we do as we are playing after everyone so we could be 3rd by Monday morning.

On the plus side after Lambert saying this was their most important game, if we can get an early goal the crowd will turn very quickly. Like Dan 85 said, this lot are very fickle and will boo at the drop of a hat. :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

1-3 to The Arse. 8)

Just hope the current curse of the strikers doesn't take out Podolski... :|

That's of course if Arsene decides to play him rather than stick Santi up front in a 4-5-1!! :lol: :wink:

spike241

Post by spike241 »

DB10GOONER wrote:1-3 to The Arse. 8)

Just hope the current curse of the strikers doesn't take out Podolski... :|

That's of course if Arsene decides to play him rather than stick Santi up front in a 4-5-1!! :lol: :wink:
Giroud should be back for this one. He wasn't injured at the weekend, just ill.
That's according to Wenger though, so he's probably out for the rest of the season