Walcott Injury

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: Walcott Injury

Post by Gunner Rob »

Terrible news

This is like the "Eduardo moment" of 6 years ago

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Leyton Gooner wrote:Martin Keown says "he'll have a great medical team around him" :lol:
:coffeespit:

I'd rather have Dr Shipman and Dr Jekyll looking after me . . . .

shu

Post by shu »

rodders999 wrote:As I said in the other thread, normally when that injury occurs the person is in agony. Theo seemed fine on that stretcher so I assumed all was ok. Really bad news as he was playing extremely well since his return :banghead:
I did my ACL in both knees and yes it hurt like fuck for several minutes but i then drove home (obviously did not do them at the same time or had the threatening irishman do it too me ) . I feel sorry for him as he seems like a nice lad and it is a shame that he will miss the World Cup

As for any new siginings , i don't think so

topcat

Post by topcat »

Bad bad news, we need his pace. He's not the best footballer I've ever seen, but that sort of pace can cause any team problems!

He adds a different dimension to the team. This is a HUGE blow, its like a defeat but we cant actually see the consequences yet.

MM99

Post by MM99 »

donaldo wrote:
MM99 wrote:
donaldo wrote:
Wengerism wrote:Will probably cost us the title.
Thats bulllshit.Theo has missed more than half the season and we are top.
We didn't have FA Cup games and two legs against Munich in with ties against Liverpool and United then. February is the month where we need a fully fit squad to mount any serious title challenge. Losing Walcott's pace and movement is a big dent to that.
The manager has 3 weeks to bring in players.My point is dont anyone hid behind injuries as why we wont win the league.
And how many clubs will let their world class players leave in January? Answers on a postcard please.

topcat

Post by topcat »

augie wrote:Feel genuinely sorry for the guy - as the retard on page 1 ( :wink: ) already said, I am not convinced by the bloke but I have seen signs of improvement in him lately and from that point alone this injury couldn't have come at a worse time :( That being said I still believe that the injury is a bigger blow to himself than it is to the team - he is not the type of player required to fill the lone striker role and we have gnarby and a soon to be returning ox, that are more than capable of filling the right wing position.

I also concur with the suggestion that this injury wont affect the transfer plans of the C*** In Charge one jot :roll: :x
Disagree with that, I like gnabry and don't mind the ox, but handful of good games each...that's all they've done.

Walcott would get more goals than them put together and more assists I reckon

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

MM99 wrote:
donaldo wrote:
MM99 wrote:
donaldo wrote:
Wengerism wrote:Will probably cost us the title.
Thats bulllshit.Theo has missed more than half the season and we are top.
We didn't have FA Cup games and two legs against Munich in with ties against Liverpool and United then. February is the month where we need a fully fit squad to mount any serious title challenge. Losing Walcott's pace and movement is a big dent to that.
The manager has 3 weeks to bring in players.My point is dont anyone hid behind injuries as why we wont win the league.
And how many clubs will let their world class players leave in January? Answers on a postcard please.
None for the sort of bargain fees we expect to pay, that's for sure. It's Wenger's fault we're desperately lacking a top striker still so he has to accept that to prise top players away in Jan you're going to have to make offers they can't refuse. Also consider that all players in Spain and many in Germany have release clauses.

Also if we're talking about a like-for-like replacement I think "world class" is setting the bar a bit high methinks

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

Gunner Rob wrote:Terrible news

This is like the "Eduardo moment" of 6 years ago

thought this, and hate to say it.

Lucky City and Chelsea, you jammy bastards, hope you have a mare anyways x.

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

Proper gutted for him and the club for me he has turned into a top player with his goals and assists improved loads for me he would get in any premier team bar man city that cheque book needs dusting down but we all know it's not going to happen bye bye league

Sam59

Post by Sam59 »

Absolutely gutted for Theo and for our chances without him. He's our only experienced goalscoring player with any pace.
Ox and Gnabry are just kids. I hope he gets the best of treatment, whether here or abroad.
What worries me most is the effect this will have on the rest of the team.
We need someone experienced, a goalscorer for the rest of the season, bought or on loan. Just a thought, but Klose? Team up with Podolski and Ozil, although he's 35 he's in the German squad. Just not some useless french "striker" please.
I'd not be surprised if Wenger doesn't now look at Berbatov.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Suarez 70m problem solved 8)

samflitt

Post by samflitt »

Feel sick in the stomach. What shit news.

2 required in the transfer window now

armchair

Post by armchair »

Failing to buy a striker in the summer was such a major fuck-up. :(

I know the OX or Gnabry can come in but I dont think OX would score the goals that Thoe would, and we really dont know about Gnabry (Looked good the couple times Ive seen him) Suppose we will just have to wait and see.

But my point is that Wenger maintains and continually reminds us about the difficulties of buying "quality" in January. Well Arsene why in the name of Jesus didnt you buy a "quality" striker in the summer?
Oh yea - Sanogo. :?

Injuries eh? Who'd of thought wed get injuries? Who'd of thought Giroud needed help?
Who'd of thought The Arsenal deserve better? Everybody except you Arsene.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

mcdowell42 wrote:Suarez 70m problem solved 8)
I won't believe it until I find a reliable twitter source :roll: :barscarf: :wink:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

topcat wrote:Bad bad news, we need his pace. He's not the best footballer I've ever seen, but that sort of pace can cause any team problems!

He adds a different dimension to the team. This is a HUGE blow, its like a defeat but we cant actually see the consequences yet.
Agree.

Cannot understand how some fans say he is not important to the team.