Bayern game possibly not included as Cup Credit ?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Peeman

Bayern game possibly not included as Cup Credit ?

Post by Peeman »

If we beat Coventry and get a home draw in the next round by reading the below it seems the Bayern game will not be included as a cup credit because the FA cup fifth round is on 4 days before the Bayern game.

THE SNEAKY FUCKERS :banghead: Forced to take 7 shit games (apart from Scum game, which is obviously not always guaranteed) and the one game u would go to wont be on it :cussing:

Gold members (Season ticket holders) – Subject to our progression in the FA Cup, this fixture is currently counted as the seventh of the seven FA Cup and/or Champions League games (Cup tie credits) that are included within your season ticket.

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Re: Bayern game possibly not included as Cup Credit ?

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

Those the blows and a sign of success

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

the Bayern Munich game is being advertised as the 7th cup credit on the website.
since tickets are being sold this month I dont think this will be changed.

the 5th Round will be sold after the Bayern game and so this will not be on the season ticket.
this happened a couple of years back when we drew some shit team in round 5 and I think only about 40,000 turned up at the Emirates. I remember because I was one of them but I can't remember who the opposition were :D

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Gunner Rob wrote:the Bayern Munich game is being advertised as the 7th cup credit on the website.

the 5th Round will be sold after the Bayern game and so this will not be on the season ticket.
this happened a couple of years back when we drew some shit team in round 5 and I think only about 40,000 turned up at the Emirates. I remember because I was one of them but I can't remember who the opposition were :D
Would it be the year we drew Bolton in Round 4 and needed a replay and then a dire 0-0 with Blackburn in Round 5 in a 12.00 kickoff? Remember that being the emptiest I've seen the ground.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

It will even itself out, you can't say this season has been an unlucky one for the 7 credits with Napoli/Dortmund/Tottenham in there. You're always likely to get a Cat C in amongst there as well for an FA Cup 3rd or 4th round tie.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

northbank123 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:the Bayern Munich game is being advertised as the 7th cup credit on the website.

Would it be the year we drew Bolton in Round 4 and needed a replay and then a dire 0-0 with Blackburn in Round 5 in a 12.00 kickoff? Remember that being the emptiest I've seen the ground.
no just checked and it was an evening game where we managed to beat Leyton Orient 5-0.

I remember the Blackburn game though as I was there for that as well :banghead:
the only thing I remember from that game was being at the back of the upper tier and nearly falling asleep I was so far from the action. I have never sat that high since and never will again.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

I don't think it's anything to do with when the tickets go on sale. The note on the ticket page "Subject to our progression in the FA Cup, this fixture is currently counted as the seventh of the seven" was obviously added after the draw was made for the 4th round...otherwise it would have said "sixth of the seven"... So a home game in the 5th round would definitely be defined as the seventh... meaning that Bayern gets reclassified as the eighth!

It makes a big difference to Gold members as Bayern is category A but currently included in the ST price...whereas if it becomes the eighth then we'll get the undoubted pleasure of a "free" category C/B (£25.50/£35.50) FAC game instead and have a catgeory A game (£62) added to the ST cost for 2014...

WEWEREINVINCIBLE!

Post by WEWEREINVINCIBLE! »

Fenerbahce first credit was waste of credit seeing as they were kicked out anyway the very next day!

Should def make this Coventry game Carling Cup prices and let season ticket holders decide if they want to go. Imagine lots of familys with youngsters would go.
(Believe was good attendance last season vs Cov in C.Cup and that was on a school night)

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Fenerbache was a waste as soon as we won so comfortably in the away leg...but can't complain about that.

My problem is that I have no problem selling on my family enclosure season tickets (annual cost almost £2000) to friends/colleagues for league games but as cup games are either midweek (not ideal with kids) and/or FA Cup then there is little/no interest and so we end up going to all 7 of them against only a third of the remainder... I even ended up missing the Spurs game as we'd been to Newcastle and Cardiff games over the previous week and something had to give (plus I thought we'd put out a week side and lose badly!!!!)!

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

Emailed the club to find out and here is the reply

Bayern Munich will be the 8th cup tie if we beat Coventry and are drawn at home again.

Regards
Steve Lamb
Arsenal Box Office
Highbury House,75 Drayton Park, London, N5 1BU
Tel: 020 7619 5000
Fax: 020 7704 4161

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Peeman wrote:Emailed the club to find out and here is the reply

Bayern Munich will be the 8th cup tie if we beat Coventry and are drawn at home again.

Regards
Steve Lamb
Arsenal Box Office
DISGUSTING

Season ticket holders en masse should complain ASAP about this- may well not be looked at knowing what goes on, but if there is enough of an uproar the club may (for once) listen and allow it as a credit.

Seems most daft for ticket holders to almost hope for a loss against Coventry or an away 5th round tie :rubchin:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Theoperator wrote:
Peeman wrote:Emailed the club to find out and here is the reply

Regards
Steve Lamb
Arsenal Box Office
DISGUSTING

Season ticket holders en masse should complain ASAP about this- may well not be looked at knowing what goes on, but if there is enough of an uproar the club may (for once) listen and allow it as a credit.

Seems most daft for ticket holders to almost hope for a loss against Coventry or an away 5th round tie :rubchin:
Agree completely but no way club will be willing to lose out on that sort of extra revenue or set a precedent about drawing shit teams in FA Cup.

What particularly sticks in the craw is that shitty CL qualifier (that was essentially deemed worthless the next day) counting as a credit. Doesn't seem unreasonable to expect the first CL knockout game to be included as a credit, especially as it's definitely gonna be Cat A otherwise.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Not sure where i stand on this really.

On the one hand, I can understand the fans being a little pissed off that it MIGHT not be one of the cup credits, but then again... it's the luck of the draw, and it's favoured ST holders in previous seasons with a CL knockout being included... on this occasion it MIGHT not favour them, but has instead included a FA Cup victory over Sp*rs so not sure I feel too sorry them as arguably knocking out Sp*rs of the FA Cup (in a competition we can win) is a more important game than Bayern at home in a competition we are huge outsiders to win... or even progress.

Herd

Post by Herd »

It's another game doesn't matter who its against if your a season ticket holder u tend to go !

At Other Clubs a Season Ticket means just that !

Chips and Chocolate

Post by Chips and Chocolate »

Herd wrote:It's another game doesn't matter who its against if your a season ticket holder u tend to go !

At Other Clubs a Season Ticket means just that !
This. And it's not as if you don't know the script at the start of the season. It wouldn't matter if they did away with their poxy price categories