Sunlun Game

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: Sunlun Game

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:I am up in Chester-le-street tomorrow for my father-in-laws funeral on Monday (he died last Friday), he was a makem so a shout out to him on this thread, god bless the man and at last he is at peace and not suffering anymore.
Sorry for your loss Lefty mate. Thoughts and prayers for you FIL.
Cheers dude

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:I am up in Chester-le-street tomorrow for my father-in-laws funeral on Monday (he died last Friday), he was a makem so a shout out to him on this thread, god bless the man and at last he is at peace and not suffering anymore.
Sorry to hear that Leftie, hope you and family ok mate.

augie

Post by augie »

Sincere sympathies lefty and hope the wife's health is improving cos I'm sure this is a difficult enough time for her even if she is in full health

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

All the best mate. My missus is sunderland and although she's not from there, she has connections up there so a big gooner message of support from here.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Cheers guys, just got back from work, yes thanks Augie the missus is getting better, driving up in the morning and will have a beer with our best friends who we are staying with so should keep my missus spirits up.

Thanks again to my gooner family :barscarf:

danno

Post by danno »

Sorry to hear that Lefty, thoughts are with you and your family.

Regarding this match, I can be put down as a maybe for now and can confirm attendance at a later date. Same kits as previous years (yellow polo shirts?)

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

Sorry for you loss Lefty

Chunky

Goose

Post by Goose »

A bump in the thread and a final call for players.

We had the following volunteers and I don't think one of us is under 40 but one thing we do possess is great mental strength - what I mean by that is we are mental:
Goose
Number5
Lefty
Lefty'a mate
Franksav63 (and his tracksuit)
Goose
Leftfootlegend
Leftfootlegends mate
Steveo35

I could probably rustle up a player or 2 but we could do with some younger fellas. As I am not down with the kids does anyone else know of any youngun's (no Saville jokes please)

Need responses before Monday or it looks like we would have to challenge the mackams to a paper, scissors, stone comp.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Goose wrote:A bump in the thread and a final call for players.

We had the following volunteers and I don't think one of us is under 40 but one thing we do possess is great mental strength - what I mean by that is we are mental:
Goose
Number5
Lefty
Lefty'a mate
Goose
Leftfootlegend
Leftfootlegends mate
Steveo35

I could probably rustle up a player or 2 but we could do with some younger fellas. As I am not down with the kids does anyone else know of any youngun's (no Saville jokes please)

Need responses before Monday or it looks like we would have to challenge the mackams to a paper, scissors, stone comp.
put Bergkamps statue in the squad, He's good enough to take 'em apart on his own.

augie

Post by augie »

Goose
Number5
Lefty
Lefty'a mate

Goose
Leftfootlegend
Leftfootlegends mate

Steveo35

You have lefty and his mate down twice :shock: Probably wouldn't make a decent player between the 4 of them :lol:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Goose
Number5
Lefty
Lefty'a mate
Goose
Leftfootlegend
Leftfootlegends mate
Steveo35

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

augie wrote:

Goose
Number5
Lefty
Lefty'a mate

Goose
Leftfootlegend
Leftfootlegends mate

Steveo35

You have lefty and his mate down twice :shock: Probably wouldn't make a decent player between the 4 of them :lol:
:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

LeftfootlegendGooner

I Hate Hleb wrote:
augie wrote:

Goose
Number5
Lefty
Lefty'a mate

Goose
Leftfootlegend
Leftfootlegends mate

Steveo35

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:
Oh yeah when I was the only one that looked like a player :roll:

Come and watch ladies, I'll show you a great first touch and tbf in the warm up I smashed about 5 30 yarders in, that's further than the rest of the team that can kick a ball put together :wink:

Anyhow any of you that want to turn up please do so, and Augie I set you up from a yard out 3 years ago and you missed, well saying that you did manage to kick the post and then sub yourself :roll: :lol:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Well in fairness to augie, once he had felt one piece of wood he suddenly had the urge to go and feel another!! :oops: It can happen. :lol: :lol: :wink:

wibble

Post by wibble »

He said sub himself, not rub himself.

Had the (mis)pleasure of watching one of these games I think 3 years ago now with safcftm.
Would love to take part in this game but unfortunately not free this time round- maybe next time.

And by the sounds of it I would reduce the average age of the arsenal team a good bit as well!