LIVERPOOL AWAY THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
kiwomya

Re: LIVERPOOL AWAY THREAD

Post by kiwomya »

To think our defence was previously one of the strong points. The whole back four were a joke today.

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

What i expect now Image

But i hope for the same reaction from the team as they did after losing to man City :barscarf:

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

corkbarry wrote:What i expect now Image

But i hope for the same reaction from the team as they did after losing to man City :barscarf:
A boring 0-0 lack lustre performance against a "top 4" team :twisted: :twisted:

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

boobs and beer :barscarf:

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

kiwomya wrote:To think our defence was previously one of the strong points. The whole back four were a joke today.
Not sure we lost because of our back 4 alone.

Ozil slept walk through his hour and is now definitely a liability away from home, the defence of the first 2 set pieces were awful and once we conceded those, there was no coming back unless we change tactics(AW I mean), we didn't and dippers are fine playing when ahead as they are in their element when pressing and counterattacking.

WE had no adequate cover for the back 4 in midfield and once we got 2 goals behind, Ozil should have gone straight off as he contributed nothing. Poldi should have come on, Santi and the Ox should have been pushed wide to play as orthodox wingers to stop Girlfriend-basher Sterling having the freedom down the flanks.

The team was wrong for an away game and the defence of set pieces with zonal marking only works if the opposition are dumb enough to not have free runners like Skrtel did and van Judas did at old crappford.

The defeat was apt and if anyone can be ars*d to check the records I'm pretty sure we've suffered a dismal defeat or drawn to someone utterly sh*te straight after the window has shut and AW has kept his wallet hidden. :oops: :banghead:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

So much to complain about but how can we not have a player screening free-kicks and how can we not pick up a centr-half from a corner.

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

Demun210 wrote:
BournemouthRED wrote:arteta is an absolute passenger. I'm not talking about this game but i don't think he is good enough, i like the guy he just doesn't cut the mustard for me.
Yeah I hate to say it, but in the tougher matches his limitations are exposed. When Flamini was sent off against Southampton I was dreading playing these keys games without him, and today is exactly why. Arteta is good enough against the weaker teams, but not against sides like Liverpool with the pace and directness they have.

With that in mind, do you think the manager took any steps whatsoever to legislate for that? Or do you think he just picked a midfield & sent them out there? Naturally the players have to take their huge share of the blame - all of them (bar Szczesny, & possibly Jack) were appalling - but Wenger's just as culpable, if not more, than most of them today.

In the big games, where the margins are relatively tight, the small details can make a huge difference. We go into most of these games at a massive disadvantage from the start just by ignoring them.

How is it we seemed to choose today to revert to playing a higher defensive line, against a team with bags of pace?
And somehow, despite playing a high line, we still managed to get completely overrun in midfield. Isn't one of the effects of pushing up condensing the midfield? Granted they were generally playing early balls in in behind us rather than passing around us in the centre but we still seemed to be overwhelmed in there.

And yet, despite playing a high line and being seemingly outnumbered in midfield, we still managed to leave the striker completely isolated as well? :? Giroud is nowhere neat dynamic enough to make any sort of impact without runners from midfield to support and go beyond him. It was back to the worst of all worlds.

The parallels with 07/08 are there. As big a part as the birmingham game played, the drubbings we took at the hole & old trafford were equally as damaging psychologically.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Well, what a disgrace! so many things wrong. Had to switch off at the final whistle! Couldn't face the Liverpool love-in. What bullshit did he come up with in the post-match interview?

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

What an utter brownholing :oops: outfought and outplayed by a bunch of shite :oops: this today along with manure, dippers again, bayern twice, spuds, chavs, citeh and blue dippers..cant see any wins from this bunch of games.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

On way home from anfield. What a sack of shit

augie

Post by augie »

The fact that the cannibal and coutinho had relatively quiet games today should be a major concern too - imagine if those 2 had of brought the A Game to the table :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Last edited by augie on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 1989 »

Wenger has all the tactical acumen of a drunken shrimp.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

goonertux wrote:Well, what a disgrace! so many things wrong. Had to switch off at the final whistle! Couldn't face the Liverpool love-in. What bullshit did he come up with in the post-match interview?
Michael Owen is a fucking freeloading mercenary who didn't give a fuck about his football career for the last few years that he was allegedly a player, but now sits and pontificates about the game.He was more nauseating today than normal as he brown-nosed the club he was happy to leave (and later join their bitterest of rivals) for money. He is a nasely , snivelley little pox bottle.
As for Arsenal today, this is what we feared/knew would happen at some stage, it hurts more when it is so inept, where do Arsenal look to in times of trouble ?, where are the tactics and the confidence ?, where are the signings that would have got us over the top of the hill for the run in ? Mr Wenger is to blame and we are going nowhere with him as manager. The Liverpool game next Sunday is the most important because we sure aint going to challenge in the other two competitions. Not much joy today, I did think Ox and Jack came out of it with some credit, and to a lesser degree Gibbs when he came on . There are 97 bad points, one for each minute of the game. The attitude of Ozil appalled me, I know there are cultural differences etc with the leagues he is used to playing in, but he looked like he was going through the motions. Maybe when we demand big signings we should remember he was the biggest and we have not got enough for that . I'm obviously not saying we shouldn't sign players, we should but we must have a manager that can get the best out of them.

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

Double Post
Last edited by Chunky The Gooner on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

I turned off at the final whistle too so I didn't have to hear Arsene's excuses. You can use offside
and foul in the build up and all that old bollocks. But we were tanked today. It could have been even
more. I thought at one stage Jack was going to lose his head and get sent off. Maybe one day we will
actually play with 2 fucking strikers. The full backs kept getting caught out upfield and still didn't learn.
Don't think anyone really stood out for us today but Ozil looks like a passenger and when he loses the ball
looks like he couldn't give a shit. Arteta looked slow as well. How can we have 5 players in midfield and
still get over run and give the ball away so easily? I get people saying its Ozils first season and watch him
next season,
Its fucking annoying, Although after the first few games I thought Man City would win the league If Arsene
only would have signed a couple more players I feel we really could have pushed forward. But its like we went
out on Christmas eve at 4 o'clock and thought its getting late that'll do . On another note does anybody else
think we are a lightweight team who moan a lot when we are shoved off of the ball ?! I hate to see a player just sitting on his arse remonstrating with the ref. Get back up and chase the fucker !