Is ANYONE actually enjoying this season??

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TheCook

Is ANYONE actually enjoying this season??

Post by TheCook »

The team are doing well, over achieving beyond all our expectations, doing well to keep ahead of the chasing pack, but all I ever seem to see on this forum is negativity, moaning and 'pessimism'.

Is ANYONE actually enjoying following Arsenal this season?

Red Snapper

Re: Is ANYONE actually enjoying this season??

Post by Red Snapper »

Good question. I'm not sure I enjoy any season until it's over!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TheCook wrote:The team are doing well, over achieving beyond all our expectations, doing well to keep ahead of the chasing pack, but all I ever seem to see on this forum is negativity, moaning and 'pessimism'.

No. Fuck off ya positive bollocks ya! :x

Only kidding! :wink:

I've enjoyed parts of this season very much (particlarly beating the scum) but no matter how I look at it I just have this nagging knowledge that we could have (and should have) done so much more and gone on to win the PL. But I KNOW FOR A FACT ( :wink: ) that we will not win the PL - and because of Arsene's failure to do what needed to be done in January we will, just like 2008, fall away as the season goes on. So my enjoyment is tainted by that knowledge. :|

gp543

Post by gp543 »

There have only been three matches this season I haven't enjoyed.

Villa, United and Chelsea in the Milk Cup.

Some of our football has truly been stunning this season.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

I enjoyed most of the first half up until the Citeh debacle as I thought we could do something quite special. No one else looked convincing with City's poor early away form and Chelsea dropping a few points. I hoped (naively) that we would do something in the January window, but as January went on and our performances got gradually worse with little prospect of any decent additions to the squad, the feeling that this is just going to be a repeat of 2008 returned, due to the refusal of the manager to strengthen the squad (weaken it in fact having let SQ Park go on loan)

I enjoy seeing our name at the top of the league, but I'd enjoy it even more if we had the squad to challenge until May. I don't expect us to win the league and I never have this season but I hope we are at least able to challenge until the last couple of games. But again, unfortunately I expect us to fall away through this month and next. Surely you can appreciate why I and so many feel this way
Last edited by Leyton Gooner on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Im enjoying being in the mix and having pmt before games again :oops: but like most on here I know it'll go titties cos of arsoles inactivity last month :(

REB

Post by REB »

im kinda enjoying the season but the worse part is waiting for us to fall down, been biting my lip when people have been praising us ,not taking the piss out of other teams supporters and knowing in my heart something bad is just around the corner , I know its been pessimistic but I just cant help it, we have been here too many times and it happens year after year :?

I just want it to be the last game of the season and us 4 points ahead of the second placed team :box:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

this is turning into a very strange season as we have been top pretty much since September....and yet at not one point have I thought that we actually had a shot of winning it!

I don't blame the January window though - no we were doomed from the moment we failed to sign a striker in the summer. even then though would Wenger be able to tactically manoeuvre the team into a title winning position? I have my doubts.

I have enjoyed all the wins but how many big wins have there actually been?
we seem to have had one really good week when we beat Dortmund and Liverpool but apart from that just beaten the cannon fodder that you would expect.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

YES YES YES

ah thats better

Have been to 6 matches this season with my son and have won them all, conceeded 2 scored 12 (Apart form penaties at WBA in credit card cup). Think he maybe an off the pitch lucky mascot- but watch out as next one we go to is Manure :shock:

Each match we come home barely able to talk from singing so much- its been great.

Ooops, sorry wrong forum.....

Has been really boring season, kept the bloody same position almost ALL the season so far- its crap :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Ryanswannell

Post by Ryanswannell »

Like others on here, apart from our defeats and the inability to sign a striker in the summer/winter transfer windows, I have loved this season. At times we have played some amazing football (first 30 mins v Napoli, goal v Norwich etc.) and we have dropped less points against the lower teams and are still in contention to win 3 trophies. :barscarf:
However we need to start beating the big teams and I have a nagging feeling we will slip up once again.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

TheCook wrote:The team are doing well, over achieving beyond all our expectations, doing well to keep ahead of the chasing pack, but all I ever seem to see on this forum is negativity, moaning and 'pessimism'.

Is it not possible to enjoy the present and be pessimistic about the future at the same time then ?

Of course we're enjoying it - who doesn't enjoy being top of the league? People enjoy the matches, enjoy the winning, enjoy individual performances.

I'm not sure why that should stop people complaining about the club's ticketing policy / ripping off the fans, the relative inactivity in the transfer market and certain other factors like the Kallstrom debacle though. And is it such a crime for supporters who have been used to collapsing from this position before to be naturally concerned that it might happen again, particularly when they see we haven't invested in the squad?

I really struggle with this black and white view - either you've got to be overjoyed with everything or pissed off with everything? I think you and your mate 'disgusted of Tunbridge Wells' should actually read some of the match thread posts on here from the likes of me, Augie, Armchair etc and you might see that whilst we are pissed at the club for a number of things, we do actually enjoy watching the team win and play well

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

:barscarf:

Ozil's quick passing.

Gnabry's willingness to have a go.

The Ox possibility of a genuine box-to-box player.

Ramsey's astounding first half of the season form.

Centre back organisation.

An improved Szczesney.

Theo's confident performances for the short time he was fit.

Rosicky's work rate for the time he was fit.

Zelalem's pre-season friendly performances.

:shock: :?

The Kallstrom debacle.

Failure to buy another striker in the summer and in January.

Wenger's zip.

:rubchin:

I still think we will finish third.

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

I cant believe any Arsenal supporter wouldn't be enjoying this season, top of the league and still in two cups.
I love going to Arsenal, and always will.
We've let in 3 prem goals since the villa game, knocked the scum out of the FA cup, played some superb football.
Too right I'm enjoying it. :barscarf:
Last edited by afcforever on Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Great question and I don't really know the answer!!
Am I pleased we're top with the title in our own hands? No brainer but the tension is awful cos you're just waiting for the collapse to start!!
With Ramsey and Walcott out, the transfer window debacle, what if Kos or Per get injured, stupidly tough Feb/Mar coming up etc you just think there's no way we can stay there, so for those reasons I can't say I'm enjoying it.....or am I?!?

Steve_I

Post by Steve_I »

er... yes

I enjoy the bits that I don't enjoy as much as I enjoy the bits I enjoy.

If it wasn't for the scarey, nervous, anxious, and totally demoralising bits then the whole thing would be pointless... I think :)