FA CUP THREAD Liverpool

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: FA CUP THREAD Liverpool

Post by mcdowell42 »

green gooner wrote:
Robin_L wrote:Don't have a problem with him resting players and picking the likes of Gnabry, Bendtner, Podolski, Flamini vs Liverpool, because the alternatives are playing so badly, I don't see how it can get much worse than the first Liverpool game or 1st half last night.

If we were bang in form and then he rested those form players vs Liverpool, then I'd have more of a problem.
Very true.

I got so sick and tired of watching Giroud and his big dopey, square head in front of goal last night I would gladly 'rest' him.

If Sanogo is fit then it may be time to give him or Akpom a run out (I'll take cover now), no other striker we have is exactly pulling up trees. Wenger did not buy in the last window as we all wish he had so if he has confidence in what he has already, then he should stand them up to be counted, or counted out!

Good luck to Chuba Akpom who has gone on loan to Coventry for the rest of the season

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Another striker out the door then :oops:

singwordssosad

Post by singwordssosad »

It becomes irritating, Girouds knackered, that's obvious. But others are too; Jan transfer window was our get out jail card. Wenger chose not to use it and I feel it's given the others a far greater advantage. I hope I'm wrong and fingers crossed Nik can grab a goal :/ :box: :barscarf:

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

Robin_L wrote:Don't have a problem with him resting players and picking the likes of Gnabry, Bendtner, Podolski, Flamini vs Liverpool, because the alternatives are playing so badly, I don't see how it can get much worse than the first Liverpool game or 1st half last night.

If we were bang in form and then he rested those form players vs Liverpool, then I'd have more of a problem.
Agree with this. Those players mentioned, especially Podolski, will be chomping at the bit to get a game and it reminds the players playing under par that they need to do better. This gives us a good chance to get through and we can then play our 'strongest' team against Bayern.

I'm desperate for a win here, I can't begin to think about being out of all cups again by February yet again.

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

Kvltman wrote:

Agree with this. Those players mentioned, especially Podolski, will be chomping at the bit to get a game and it reminds the players playing under par that they need to do better. This gives us a good chance to get through and we can then play our 'strongest' team against Bayern.

I'm desperate for a win here, I can't begin to think about being out of all cups again by February yet again.
this 8)

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
green gooner wrote:

Very true.

I got so sick and tired of watching Giroud and his big dopey, square head in front of goal last night I would gladly 'rest' him.

If Sanogo is fit then it may be time to give him or Akpom a run out (I'll take cover now), no other striker we have is exactly pulling up trees. Wenger did not buy in the last window as we all wish he had so if he has confidence in what he has already, then he should stand them up to be counted, or counted out!

Good luck to Chuba Akpom who has gone on loan to Coventry for the rest of the season
That's me all out of ideas then :oops:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

anyone remember the last time we knocked out the mousers at home in the cup? we went on to win it in 2002, bergkamp with a header. could this be an omen? :mrgreen: :barscarf:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Can't wait to see the master tactician's plan on stopping Liverpool shitting all over us again,I bet he studied the video and has drilled the players in training all week on dealing with Stevie Me's long diagonal ball into the space behind the full-backs........Oh wait,its Wenger I'm talking about right..... :roll:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arteta will play seeing as hes serving a ban for the bayern game.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

robbo10 wrote:Can't wait to see the master tactician's plan on stopping Liverpool shitting all over us again,I bet he studied the video and has drilled the players in training all week on dealing with Stevie Me's long diagonal ball into the space behind the full-backs........Oh wait,its Wenger I'm talking about right..... :roll:
And you know what, I bet Rodgers has been doing just that even though he won't need to change a thing from last weekend

trustno10

Post by trustno10 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:anyone remember the last time we knocked out the mousers at home in the cup? we went on to win it in 2002, bergkamp with a header. could this be an omen? :mrgreen: :barscarf:
I seem to remember that *word censored* Carragher throwing a coin into the crowd too.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Kvltman wrote:
Don't get your hopes up too high as there's a strong possibility that we will be.

Gooner Jim

Post by Gooner Jim »

Id rather us go properly for this rather than the champions league. If we win either chelsea or city would be the biggest hurdle but I've already accepted we will rest players. If nacho starts we are out :(

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

I don't think Liverpool are as good as some are making out.

Yes we got tonked but Liverpool have struggled enough away from home to suggest there won't be a repeat of the Anfield debacle (probably :shock: :? )

Still, they'll play a full strength XI and we won't, so anything is possible. I'll guess a draw and defeat back at Anfield in the replay :(

gp543

Post by gp543 »

mcdowell42 wrote:Arteta will play seeing as hes serving a ban for the bayern game.
Good catch. I'd forgotten about that. Wish he was banned for this one to be honest.