FA CUP THREAD Liverpool

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
REB

FA CUP THREAD Liverpool

Post by REB »

REVENGE :evil:

g88ner

Re: FA CUP THREAD

Post by g88ner »

We'll rest players so we'll be fresh for when we get buttfucked by Bayern.

We don't have the courage to take on Bayern - evidenced by tonights timid display - so why not go all out to win the FA Cup?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

This (like tonight) is a great opportunity. Liverpool are comparatively powderpuff away from home, and it's a great chance to knock them out and avoid having to play them away or at a neutral venue where they'll be a different proposition. Win and we're into the last 8 with only really Citeh/Chelsea posing a huge threat - and less than a 50% chance we'd have to play them before the final. It's also a fucking great chance to get to Wembley which - I don't care how greedy it sounds - the club owes the fans.

Unfortunately we will rest a number of players in order to be 'fresh' against Bayern in a tie that on our performances of the last 2 months will be over well before half time next Weds and may well be left looking back with regret at the end of the season as to why we sacrificed the FA Cup for a last 16 exit and VT.

markyp

Post by markyp »

WHO CARES WE WONT WIN IT,OUR SEASON ENDS THIS NEXT 7 DAYS,BE PREPARED FOR IT :banghead:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

based on this run of performances i'm going to have to watch this from behind the couch with one hand over my eyes.

we are going to get absolutely dicked.

Rodgers will use the same tactics, Wenger will still believe last week was an accident.

even if we start pod and gnabri, jack and arteta will get a running. the back four will get caned by Sturridge< suarez and Coutinho's pace.

3-0 Mickeys. Ozil to quit the ground in disgust.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I couldn't give 2 shits :banghead:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

If we win it, we'll just bottle it in the semis or final.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Hmmm I wonder how this will go :rubchin: They are shite...we are shite....game will no doubt be a pile of shite :barscarf:

p206ab

Post by p206ab »

falkirk goon wrote:Hmmm I wonder how this will go :rubchin: They are shite...we are shite....game will no doubt be a pile of shite :barscarf:
your mojo ran out.. let's blame Henry again :lol: :lol: just kidding :P

0-2.

King Henry

Post by King Henry »

Funnily enough if Wenger rests players I think we'll actually have a better chance. It might give a chance to the likes of Gnabry, Chamberlain and Podolski who are more direct and will actually have a go. Flamini should also be starting and he should hopefully do a good job of pressing them and not just play it around us with ease. If he plays both Arteta and Flamini again :banghead:

I would like to see us go with; Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Chamberlain, Flamini, Gnabry, Ozil, Podolski, Giroud.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Nothing will annoy me more than seeing Flappy playing.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY????

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Jeesus f**king Christ any of you thought of putting yourselves up for a stint in the Samaritans

We are doomed, we are doomed we are all doomed. :cry: :evil:

We've hit the wall that we all knew we would without proper reinforcements. Stop acting so shocked.

Saturday was awful a bloody gift to those f**king victims but at home we don't concede a lot.

Think we'll get a draw then lose the replay.

The team will be

Flappy
Sagna,BFG,Kos,Monreal( :banghead: :banghead: )
Flamini,The Ox
Gnabry,Rosicky,Poldi
Barry

At least we'll have a bit of pace but that's as far as it'll go 2-2 and then we'll lose the replay to the Victims on one of those special nights at anfield :roll:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

If he rests players I will lose my shit.

Still think we'll lose. Liverpool flying and full of confidence.

trustno10

Post by trustno10 »

If 'resting players' means dropping Ozil and Giroud then I'm all for it. I'd start with Gnabry and Bendtner. The former is one of the few players in the squad who can beat a man and the latter isn't Giroud. Knowing Wenger he will probably start Sanogo though.

A replay isn't good enough given their home form so it is win or bust

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Dan_85 wrote:If he rests players I will lose my shit.

of course he will, thats his excuse to the Board for the heavy home loss we'll face - " I rested players for the Bayern Game"

Flappy will be his Patsy, and he'll smirk that Pod didn't make a difference even when he plays...

he really is teflon - he has all the angles figured.

Flappy, Jenko and Monreal are his scapegoats "wheel yez we lacked a bit of kwalitey and maturity".....

:roll: