Victims FC to win the League, or who else will?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Re: Victims FC to win the League, or who else will?

Post by falkirk goon »

Chavs game at anfield is now slap bang in the middle of a champ lge semi, yet more things falling in their favour :roll: lets face it guys the dippers name is on it.

Derek Acorah

Post by Derek Acorah »

Mourinho will go all out for the CL now too so you can guarantee he'll rest players for the Liverpool game.

It's now a 2-way title race.

Come on City! Yuck.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Derek Acorah wrote:Mourinho will go all out for the CL now too so you can guarantee he'll rest players for the Liverpool game.

Come on City! Yuck.

I guesss this is where Arsenal is different to Man United.
in a title race between Spurs and Chelsea we would want Chelsea to win every time.
yet for some reason you dont mind being the 2nd team in your city. I don't get that logic.
maybe if City win title after title for the next decade you might change your view.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Was told this morning that Sky are getting twitchy as they would hate to see Liverpool win the league. :D

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Derek Acorah wrote:Mourinho will go all out for the CL now too so you can guarantee he'll rest players for the Liverpool game.

Come on City! Yuck.

I guesss this is where Arsenal is different to Man United.
in a title race between Spurs and Chelsea we would want Chelsea to win every time.
yet for some reason you dont mind being the 2nd team in your city. I don't get that logic.
maybe if City win title after title for the next decade you might change your view.
Maybe Derek believes that City are a flash in the pan and will go away when the money men pull out, where as the hatred of Liverpool is so long term he cannot contemplate them winning it.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

i thought that about Chelsea 10 years ago...look at them now.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

This is painful watching. de Gea could have brought his pipe and slippers. Guardiola's overwhelming smugness and arrogance isn't exactly justified when they are struggling against a team as comparatively poor as United. Just seems like no urgency, no game plan other than endless sideways passing before giving the ball to Robben who invariably cuts in and shoots. Into a defender. Or the stands.

The most worrying thing is despite managing to get plenty of numbers back and looking extremely comfortable considering, United are not struggling as much as you'd expect in possession and Bayern look petrified at the back. That was a superb piece of judgement there from Lahm as if he had committed to the header and lost Rooney was through. Mandzukic is just not good enough up top and despite their possession when it comes to creating stuff they strangely look like a team who have barely played together.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Texted my mate literally 30 seconds before that goal saying I can see United nicking this. 1-0, cracking finish from Evra. Christ, 1-1. Bayern have been all over the shop at the back though and can't afford to concede again. Game on but only through Bayern's arrogance and failure to learn their lessons when approaching this sort of game.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

NB123 not sure why you posted that on this thread but don't give up the day job, hey! :lol: :wink:

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

I would rather the spuds won the league than the victims!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Chippy wrote:NB123 not sure why you posted that on this thread but don't give up the day job, hey! :lol: :wink:
:lol:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Chippy wrote:NB123 not sure why you posted that on this thread but don't give up the day job, hey! :lol: :wink:
Was watching the game on SkyGo on my laptop so trying to post in breaks in play and I couldn't be arsed scrolling down to the United thread so just posted it on one for other teams. And the joke's on you because I'm shit at my day job :lol: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
Was watching the game on SkyGo on my laptop so trying to post in breaks in play and I couldn't be arsed scrolling down to the United thread so just posted it on one for other teams. And the joke's on you because I'm shit at my day job :lol: :barscarf:
:lol: :lol:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Biggest game of the weekend as far as I'm concerned, and I will be more upset by a Pool win than an Arse defeat.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I detest Liverpool with a passion but one thing I will give them credit for is the stance they took over Suarez. They refused to sell and were prepared to make him suffer in the reserves until he saw sense....despite no CL football on offer

Makes a total mockery of our stance with Cole, Fabregas, Nasri and Van Persie, where apparently we had no choice to let them go.

If Suarez had been our player we'd have rolled over and sold....and if anyone talks about having players in the last year of their contract, then what about Fabregas who had years left to expire and was sold at half his market value. Pathetic, unambitious board and management structure