More than 6 weeks for Jack

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: 6 weeks for Jack

Post by Midz »

Blade wrote:Yet another who gets injured after games..

6 weeks = 6months
exactly.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

If he knew he had a fractured foot he would not have kept playing, the key question for me is did he get his foot looked at during half-time?

Cannot blame him for wanting to play on after he felt some pain give his all to try and go to the World Cup, I would in his position.

But the World Cup is now a significant doubt for him; another injury in the midst of average form means Hodgson has to look at alternatives.

As for us, I hope we can try The Ox in central midfield more, I think he can form a good partnership there with Flamini in Ramsey's absence.

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

God our players are either made of paper or we are the unluckiest team in world sport

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I just think that our players are overplayed.

Wenger hasn't got a clue about rotating and just plays them until they drop.

azz91afc

Post by azz91afc »

Bad news, he hasn't been playing great but we need as many players as possible going in to this period of the season.
Hope we can finish top 3 and pick up the FA cup on the way

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

I thought he had an injury as he rolled about even more than usual when he sustained it. Worrying that it wasnt picked up at half time. However he does give his all and the pain was probably masked by the spurts of adrenaline that keeps him buzzing along. Wasnt the initial foot problem he had sparked by an international?

Really sad news as he was playing pretty well for a while now :banghead: :banghead:
Gunner Rob wrote:I just think that our players are overplayed.

Wenger hasn't got a clue about rotating and just plays them until they drop.
I just dont get this one- players in the other divisions play more games closer together- our local Skrill Premier team has FOUR matches in a week in March, yet the team play on, theres no one to rotate with in that sort of squad :oops: , think the overplayings a bit of a myth for todays primadonnas myself.

redfox

Post by redfox »

6 weeks = end of the season

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

Its one thing that a player tries to carry on through injury, JW is notorious for it, quite another that the England medics didn't identify a fracture at half time.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

good.

he has been very poor imho - running into blind alleys, goes down quicker than Monica Lewinksy, always whining at everyone.

he's not good enough to be an attacking midfielder, so he should stop trying to play like one. If he doesn't want to play that role for us he should move on.

at least that solves the Ramsey or Jack problem. i hope to Christ Ramsey stays fit otherwise we can say bye bye to 4th.

watch our form go up now.

The Knowing One

Post by The Knowing One »

No problem, he looked like he was carrying an injury anyway

Ox into the middle, Gnabry on the right at least till Rambo is back

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Didn't actually see what happened? Tbh I think he has played long periods with niggling injuries since he came back after a season out. Wouldn't be disappointed one bit if he missed the World Cup.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

As long as he's alright for England, that's what matters chaps.

Let's put the club stuff to one side for now, we need him to be right for Brazil :barscarf:

Hopefully we don't play him in the last couple of games to jeopardise his chances for the World Cup

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

On the subject of international football Gareth Bale last night giving yet another example of the selective application of the "any sort of contact at that speed......" excuse for diving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knwJdqa2qag

Brushes the guy off with ease because it's on the halfway line and a great chance to counter and the commentators admire his power. If it was in the area he'd have gone down as soon as the bloke brushed him and the commentators would be saying it was impossible for him to stay on his feet at that speed.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Robin_L wrote:As long as he's alright for England, that's what matters chaps.

Let's put the club stuff to one side for now, we need him to be right for Brazil :barscarf:

Hopefully we don't play him in the last couple of games to jeopardise his chances for the World Cup
I couldn't give a monkey's if he's fit for the corrupt, bribe-a-thon that is the world cup. I care that one of our players risked injury in a feckin' friendly.

He hasn't been in great form to be fair but we need every swinging dick available right now. Hodgson would've taken him to Brazil no matter what form he was in (see Cleverley) so who's he trying to impress?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Absolutely gutted for the lad. Not only have we lost one of our most passionate players for the run in he must be wondering with our medical team if he's gonna miss out on the world cup too...no consolation at all. Can't blame him, it's part of his game to challenge for those 50-50 balls. If it happened in an Arsenal shirt we'd all be cursing Agger who's foot was off the ground in the challenge.