Tickets for Wembley

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
trustno10

Tickets for Wembley

Post by trustno10 »

My understanding is we will get 31,000 tickets.

Can anyone clarify how they will be sold? Will they sell like a regular away game (i.e. there will be a big pile in when it goes to season ticket holders with no away points)?

augie

Re: Tickets for Wembley

Post by augie »

Did think about looking for tickets my myself and my sons but the cost of flights alone is ridiculous :x

Chips and Chocolate

Post by Chips and Chocolate »

Last time we played at Wembley (i.e League Cup final) I seem to remember that st holders with 3 away points were guaranteed a ticket, there was a ballot after that... Anyone can confirm this?
I've been using someone's st in the past three years to keep his credits up so he'll be able to go thanks to me. I'm guaranteed a final ticket should we make it but I'll look out for a spare for the semi

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I think the Arsenal policy is for season ticket holders with 3 or more away points. After that it's season ticket holders with fewer points then that's usually it.

Rosicky's Right Boot

Post by Rosicky's Right Boot »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:I think the Arsenal policy is for season ticket holders with 3 or more away points.
Thank god I made that trip up to Newcastle late last year then. Wembley here I come. :barscarf:

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

Got 2 away credits :banghead:

Chips and Chocolate

Post by Chips and Chocolate »

BournemouthRED wrote:Got 2 away credits :banghead:
You can still try and go to Everton, best ground in the land

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Don't you just cut the corners off the programmes like I used to? :oops: :oops:
Then get the Prit Stik out,send them all off and sit and wait for the postie?

stevedagooner

Post by stevedagooner »

Now they were good days. Remember queuing around the ground, maybe Man U or west ham with a handful of swaps and some glue so that I could get tickets for my mates.

blocknineteen

Post by blocknineteen »

robbo10 wrote:Don't you just cut the corners off the programmes like I used to? :oops: :oops:
I remember the club shop stamping the coupons on all the seasons back issue programmes, so you couldn't use them. This ensured people wouldn't just buy all the seasons programmes for a cup final ticket!

The programmes sellers around the ground made a lot of money thanks to this....

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

blocknineteen wrote:
robbo10 wrote:Don't you just cut the corners off the programmes like I used to? :oops: :oops:
I remember the club shop stamping the coupons on all the seasons back issue programmes, so you couldn't use them. This ensured people wouldn't just buy all the seasons programmes for a cup final ticket!

The programmes sellers around the ground made a lot of money thanks to this....

When did the club stop the queueing round the ground? I remember the vouchers being printed in the programme into the 90s and the messages on ticket stubs but does anyone remember for which final they stopped this?

Gooner_Sam

Post by Gooner_Sam »

Chelsea and City got 33,500 tickets each for last years semi. That's 67,000 tickets allocated with 23,000 going to corporate. Why on earth do corporate get such a large amount for a semi final? :?

Wigan and Millwall got 31,000 each, Wigan returned 10,000 and we're sold to neutral.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gooner_Sam wrote:Chelsea and City got 33,500 tickets each for last years semi. That's 67,000 tickets allocated with 23,000 going to corporate. Why on earth do corporate get such a large amount for a semi final? :?

Wigan and Millwall got 31,000 each, Wigan returned 10,000 and we're sold to neutral.
Isn't a lot of it down to this Club Wembley thing were people bought 10 year season tickets to get them into all the main events? They sold a lot of those to pay for the £900m spunked on the place

Gooner_Sam

Post by Gooner_Sam »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Gooner_Sam wrote:Chelsea and City got 33,500 tickets each for last years semi. That's 67,000 tickets allocated with 23,000 going to corporate. Why on earth do corporate get such a large amount for a semi final? :?

Isn't a lot of it down to this Club Wembley thing were people bought 10 year season tickets to get them into all the main events? They sold a lot of those to pay for the £900m spunked on the place
Ah, yes. Probably mate. What a load of shite. The attendance for Millwall Wigan was 62,000 last year. 6,000 of the returned tickets were sold to neutral and 4,000 given to troops. (Fair enough) but that's 28,000 empty seats. Meaning 'Club Wembley' was left pretty empty. What a waste. Should be given the option to 'Opt out' and those tickets should be sent to each club.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

trustno10 wrote:My understanding is we will get 31,000 tickets.

Can anyone clarify how they will be sold? Will they sell like a regular away game (i.e. there will be a big pile in when it goes to season ticket holders with no away points)?
I think you are right i.e. it's treated as a normal away game. In which case I think anyone is fine if they have 5+ away credits. But a bit of a lottery below that. But at this stage I think ST holders (in other word, Gold members) still have to take their chances with Travel Club members.

The final would be different though. A lot less tickets available (25000?) and maybe a guarantee only to ST holders with 3-5 credits?