Tottscum match thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
remigardeshair

Re: Tottscum match thread.

Post by remigardeshair »

augie wrote:I love the reaction of the players in front of the Gooners at the end of the match, but does anybody else feel the "selfies" is a bit cringeworthy ? :oops: I mean who the fcuk brings a phone onto the pitch ? :? This wasn't a once in a lifetime giant killing upset so taking photo's of it seems a bit lame to me tbh
I agree to an extent, it came across as a little bit tacky, although the end result is really quite a good photo. On the flip side, we as supporters often complain of a lack of empathy or understanding with modern footballers, so to have them celebrating 'with us' and wanting to capture the moment, is quite refreshing.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

northbank123 wrote:FWIW I reckon we've done orite with injuries this year. Walcott has been a major blow and we've missed Ramsey and Chamberlain although its a big assumption that either would have been playing near their peak given their form over a longer period. As much as I love Podolski's game and character he is a bit-part player for us and would not have had a huge impact. Slug or not most important for us is Giroud and its a miracle he's stayed fit with his playing time and workload. Szczesny has won us points this season and we haven't had to endure Flappy in the league, and Sagna has stayed fit so we haven't needed his sub-par replacement in Jenkinson. Everyone comments on our improved defending but how fortunate are we that our two CBs have barely missed a game between them? Even Gibbs has had one of his better seasons (again important with Monreal being such a calamity). Midfield is the area we can cover most with our strength in depth there, and frankly its a miracle that Ozil stayed fit for so long along with our best player from last year Cazorla.
Fair comments, remember BFG was ill for the MAnure away shambles of a match ( :oops: ), cant see RVJC getting his shoulder on it if BFG had been there.

Girouds tip to health must be to take time out by rolling on the floor in agony when a blade of grass knocks you over. I cant see anyone daring to do more to him, the rolling around would be too embarrassing to contemplate. The groaning I guess he practices the night before each match :oops:

armchair

Post by armchair »

augie wrote:
armchair wrote:
REB wrote:I cant get that 49 49 undefeated song out of my head :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Monday is a great day after a derby win :barscarf:
Just for you mate.......
http://youtu.be/rGM7YOqrkvs

This chant went on for bout 20 mins non-stop untill we were thrown out. :barscarf:

Watching that vid doesn't half bring a lump to the throat..........would love to have been there :(

Just out of interest, was there any trouble from the scum fans after the game yesterday ? Those Neanderthal c*nts are scum at the best of times but their reaction to losing at home to us usually isn't good
I seen no bother at all. But we were some of the last out and there were a few hanging about looking for stragglers. But just cover up, put your head down and walk on.

As for the vid. Heres a btter one imo. Shows gooners at the full time whistle. I posted it earlier but heres it again in case you missed it. :wink:
Think I've watched this a hundred times. :barscarf:
Love the bit with the bird behind us crying. I gave her a big hug and the both of us were stood there in tears ffs. :oops:
http://youtu.be/dOx8o8nZ2Vw

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

better pics of our Top Boy lol :

"you faakin spuds want some then, nah ? jog on then mugs" :

earlier :

armchair

Post by armchair »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
armchair wrote:Full time. :D
Contains '1-0 to the Arsenal', players taking selfies on the pitch, 'ooh to be a gooner', a half naked man, a crying girl,
'49 undefeated' and lots of cheering, shouting and general happiness

http://youtu.be/dOx8o8nZ2Vw
Great vid and my favourite bit is the shot of the two old boys at about 2.30 who are sitting in their seats, having a chat and looking like they're waiting for a nice cup of tea and hoping that all the fuss around them dies down as they've seen it all before.
:lol:
Watched that vid loads but hadnt noticed that! :lol:

armchair

Post by armchair »

northbank123 wrote:
Not old enough to remember Bobby Gould as a player but my first game was during his Wales reign. I can honestly say if anyone at WHL today deserves one of his chants it's Tim Sherwood. Tactically clueless and out of his depth.
He comes from BorehamWood
He aint no fukin good
Tim Sherwood
Wooa
Tim Sherwood
Wooa
:barscarf:

Post by 1989 »

augie wrote:I love the reaction of the players in front of the Gooners at the end of the match, but does anybody else feel the "selfies" is a bit cringeworthy ? :oops: I mean who the fcuk brings a phone onto the pitch ? :? This wasn't a once in a lifetime giant killing upset so taking photo's of it seems a bit lame to me tbh
It was funny as fuck, and it wound up the scum fans well and proper. Cheer up fella.

armchair

Post by armchair »

augie its 2014 not 1984 ffs :lol: :wink:

Selfies is da bomb innit.... :oops:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Just me and Augie then. These "selfies" sound cringey in any setting, had to ask my lad what the hell it meant and to confirm it wasn't another kind of "self gratifying" act :oops:

There are quite a few better ways to wind up spuds fans anyway. Like telling them Newcastle have scored or asking whether they watched their last title win in colour :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Selfies were a bit cringeworthy. Absolutely loved Poldi getting in with the fans, love stuff like the reaction from Szczesny after a goal in the first 5-2, pure passion. Also love the players winding their fans up, Walcott shot up in my estimations on that stretcher as an Arsenal player.

But I would have preferred it had we managed to do it through a method not popularised by 13-year old girls.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Loving the fact that they are acknowledging St Totteringham's day as a legitimate title :lol: :lol: maybe they do know their place after all ?

augie

Post by augie »

armchair wrote:augie its 2014 not 1984 ffs :lol: :wink:

Selfies is da bomb innit.... :oops:

Err, have we got a translator in the building lads ?? :? :wink: :lol:

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

Come on Augie! If Sunderland stay up and we beat their fans team next season we can take one too! :D

augie

Post by augie »

Chunky The Gooner wrote:
Come on Augie! If Sunderland stay up and we beat their fans team next season we can take one too! :D

Now that would class as a giant killing :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Nothing wrong with a good selfie. :barscarf:

But I get Augie's bitterness - can't be easy watching young lads in the prime of their lives shooting selfies all over the place when his equipment is gathering dust and hasn't worked for years :shock: