Chavski match thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: Chavski match thread.

Post by goonersid »

great to see Wenker humiliated on his 1000th game. Fuck him and his team of failures

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

+1

markyp

Post by markyp »

the saddest thing of all is that these type of results have become 'acceptable' under Wenker.if they weren't hed have walked after the 8-2 at OT,or the bumholings in recent years in the CL or the game against the scousers or city blah blah blah,as a club Arsenal accept failure,wtf has happened to our club :( :( :( :( :( :(

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

The fact that Wenger didn't start Flamini yesterday was surely his biggest mistake.
It is a pity that the media didn't focus on that rather than the farcical red card.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Got the overwhelming sense in all 3 games that if the opposition needed to score another they could have. Embarrassing.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Pip84

Post by Pip84 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a23zeEU ... 68godcE7MQ

How delusional is that first fan?? Honestly what chance have we got? :banghead: :banghead:

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

Pip84 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a23zeEU ... 68godcE7MQ

How delusional is that first fan?? Honestly what chance have we got? :banghead: :banghead:
"Fans" like that make my blood boil

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

I tried to post on here yesterday but that Hostgator sign kept coming up so I left it. Saw loads of pro and anti Wenger
stuff on Facebook last night. Some of the comments were laughable. ' Without Arsene there is no Arsenal' 'If he
wasn't manager then we'd be mid table lower than Man Utd' For fuck sake when I first joined up on this site. A lot of the guys on here were around the same age so they've seen the shitty times in the 70's and mid 80's . So to be told your not a true supporter or 'plastic' as they like to say makes me laugh.
Off course everybody is entitled to an opinion. What Wenger DID for us was fantastic and a great time but for me
unfortunately times have moved on and he hasn't. To get stuffed once a season is bad enough but 3 fucking times is
a joke and we didn't even beat a poor Man Utd side this season. The home games against Chelsea and Man Utd he set
the team up not to lose. Yesterday we were so far up the fucking pitch it was madness. How many times are we going to get caught out by this and not learn? The set up was wrong. So many players were poor and the passing was off.
I thought Flamini should have played. Its easy to blame Arteta but we all know hes not a holding midfielder. Giroud pisses me off no end. But no one stood out yesterday for me. The game was over after the penalty at 3-0 regardless of who got sent off. At best I thought we would have got a draw yesterday but that was all blown out of the water

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Chunky The Gooner wrote:I tried to post on here yesterday but that Hostgator sign kept coming up so I left it. Saw loads of pro and anti Wenger
stuff on Facebook last night. Some of the comments were laughable. ' Without Arsene there is no Arsenal' 'If he
wasn't manager then we'd be mid table lower than Man Utd' For fuck sake when I first joined up on this site. A lot of the guys on here were around the same age so they've seen the shitty times in the 70's and mid 80's . So to be told your not a true supporter or 'plastic' as they like to say makes me laugh.
Off course everybody is entitled to an opinion. What Wenger DID for us was fantastic and a great time but for me
unfortunately times have moved on and he hasn't. To get stuffed once a season is bad enough but 3 fucking times is
a joke and we didn't even beat a poor Man Utd side this season. The home games against Chelsea and Man Utd he set
the team up not to lose. Yesterday we were so far up the fucking pitch it was madness. How many times are we going to get caught out by this and not learn? The set up was wrong. So many players were poor and the passing was off.
I thought Flamini should have played. Its easy to blame Arteta but we all know hes not a holding midfielder. Giroud pisses me off no end. But no one stood out yesterday for me. The game was over after the penalty at 3-0 regardless of who got sent off. At best I thought we would have got a draw yesterday but that was all blown out of the water
I hear you buddy. When I criticise Wenger and the way the club is run, you get reactions such as "glory hunter" and accusations that you're not a proper fan. Come back when you've watched us lose at home to Watford with barely 20,000 in the ground and accuse me (and many others on here) of being a glory hunter or not a proper fan.

There was a massive football club here before Wenger, and there will be forever. He is just a chapter in our history and a chapter that I sincerely hope will have been fully written in a few weeks time

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

SteveO 35 wrote: I hear you buddy. When I criticise Wenger and the way the club is run, you get reactions such as "glory hunter" and accusations that you're not a proper fan. Come back when you've watched us lose at home to Watford with barely 20,000 in the ground and accuse me (and many others on here) of being a glory hunter or not a proper fan.

There was a massive football club here before Wenger, and there will be forever. He is just a chapter in our history and a chapter that I sincerely hope will have been fully written in a few weeks time
So SteveO - what is your synopsis? I know that you thought that he would sign and that the fabled barbeque would happen - but what are your thoughts now?

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

clockender1 wrote:
olgitgooner wrote:Freak result. Should have been a goal up in the first few minutes. They scored with their first two shots. Then a stupid penalty. With a sending off. Wrong player too. No way back from 3-0. With a ten man team.

I'm just as gutted as everyone else. But let's get some perspective here.
okay, what about the 5-1 at Liverpool then , another freak result ?

the 6-3 loss at City ?

one win against the top four in 14 games ?

last win against chelsea - November 2011 ?

all freak results ?

the losses to villa, norwich, swansea, blackburrn, bradford, birmingham, schalke, stoke.....all freak results ?
Lets not beat around the bush here,we have not won a big game for 9 years now,not when it really mattered anyway,you can say maybe the CL qualifier v Udinese but to me that's a poor excuse.When its REALLY mattered we have bottled it,you cannot be having "freak results" for 9 years,no way.

Clash

Post by Clash »

After these disgraceful defeats Wenger always has that haunted shell-shocked look that suggests he finally realises that he cannot possibly carry on doing things the way he's been doing them ... but it never lasts long.

As soon as he dismissed the 5-1 at Anfield as an ''accident'' it was only a matter of time before it was repeated.

One of the many problems with Wenger and one of the reasons he doesn't learn from his mistakes is that he appears to believe he has already learnt everything there is to know in the game. Some time ago he settled in his mind a set of beliefs that he just will not budge from.

The guy is a massive massive hindrance and the fact that there is a new contract on the table waiting for him to sign if he chooses to is just further proof, if needed, that the football side of things at the club are nowhere near the top of the list of priorities.

:banghead:

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

robbo10 wrote:
clockender1 wrote:
olgitgooner wrote:Freak result. Should have been a goal up in the first few minutes. They scored with their first two shots. Then a stupid penalty. With a sending off. Wrong player too. No way back from 3-0. With a ten man team.

I'm just as gutted as everyone else. But let's get some perspective here.
okay, what about the 5-1 at Liverpool then , another freak result ?

the 6-3 loss at City ?

one win against the top four in 14 games ?

last win against chelsea - November 2011 ?

all freak results ?

the losses to villa, norwich, swansea, blackburrn, bradford, birmingham, schalke, stoke.....all freak results ?
Lets not beat around the bush here,we have not won a big game for 9 years now,not when it really mattered anyway,you can say maybe the CL qualifier v Udinese but to me that's a poor excuse.When its REALLY mattered we have bottled it,you cannot be having "freak results" for 9 years,no way.
We have but its mostly been against teams who are a step below us on the ladder. It's always great to beat spurs and it's definitely a big game but at the end of the day we have better players and better resources than them. Likewise (to an extent) with Liverpool and Everton, these are teams we know we can beat and so usually we look capable of beating them.

It's confusing as hell because all Wenger has to do is watch how we played away at Dortmund and fucking do that against the likes of Chelsea and City. It doesn't guarantee success but it gives you a fighting chance, is he really so blinkered that he doesn't recognise that there are teams in England now which are clearly better than us? All I can think is that in his mind it's still 2004, it's good to have confidence in your team but it's got to the point now where he has a massive blind spot and the likes of Mourinho are just taking the piss out of him.

I still think Wenger has good qualities as a manager, he can still spot talent better than most and even in our darkest days I don't think he has ever really 'lost the dressing room'. The team could get better with a different manager and some new ideas but likewise it could get a lot worse so I'm a bit on the fence but I will say that the board would be mad to pay him the same as the highest paid managers in the world.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

begeegs wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote: I hear you buddy. When I criticise Wenger and the way the club is run, you get reactions such as "glory hunter" and accusations that you're not a proper fan. Come back when you've watched us lose at home to Watford with barely 20,000 in the ground and accuse me (and many others on here) of being a glory hunter or not a proper fan.

So SteveO - what is your synopsis? I know that you thought that he would sign and that the fabled barbeque would happen - but what are your thoughts now?
I still think he'll be here for at least another 2-3 years......maybe he'll go to a 12 month rolling deal if he's in doubt

To be honest, all the while Kroenke and Gazidis are running the club its neither here nor there because they are the last 2 people on earth I'd trust to pick our new manager......and without a shadow of doubt they will consult Wenger (the source of their entire football knowledge) who will recommend a 'lite' version of himself like Stojkovic or some promising coach from the depths of Ligue 1