A Pre-Wembley Fa cup semi final party !!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Wembley party

Re: The Big Wembley Fa cup semi final party !!

Post by Wembley party »

[quote="gp543"]The Away Boyz have The Green Man Pub & Hotel reserved for this one. Regardless of your opinion of them, here are the details:

1/2 acre beer garden, 5 minute walk and I don't believe you need to buy a ticket at all.

http://www.thegreenmanhotelatwembley.co ... garden.htm

Looks a lot bigger and nicer than the shit being hawked above. Also, the max capactiy for the "This years massive party" is 150, as reported on the website. 150 doesn't sound massive to me.
My friend you know nothing the capacity of this is 750 people over 3 floors !!!!

Wembley party

Post by Wembley party »

Wembley party wrote:
gp543 wrote:The Away Boyz have The Green Man Pub & Hotel reserved for this one. Regardless of your opinion of them, here are the details:

1/2 acre beer garden, 5 minute walk and I don't believe you need to buy a ticket at all.

Looks a lot bigger and nicer than the shit being hawked above. Also, the max capactiy for the "This years massive party" is 150, as reported on the website. 150 doesn't sound massive to me.
My friend you know nothing the capacity of this is 750 people over 3 floors !!!!
The top floor is 150 Capacity the first floor 200 is and the and the downstairs function is 400
capacity we have the whole lot so stop talking rubish if you have a question the info numbers are above
it is excatly the capacity of the upstairs party we did at the brum game last time

Wembley party

Post by Wembley party »

Wembley party wrote:
gp543 wrote:The Away Boyz have The Green Man Pub & Hotel reserved for this one. Regardless of your opinion of them, here are the details:

The top floor is 150 Capacity the first floor 200 is and the and the downstairs function is 400
capacity we have the whole lot so stop talking rubish if you have a question the info numbers are above
it is excatly the capacity of the upstairs party we did at the brum game last time

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

BournemouthRED wrote:
northbank123 wrote:Are strippers and cocaine included in the price?
You have my attention.
Judging by your picture you've got music covered. Who's coming to NB123 + BRed's semi-final party? :barscarf:

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Wembley party wrote:
Wembley party wrote:

Fair enough on the capacity point but I just think it sounds a bit shit. The venue doesn't look great and I'd rather be outside.

Your gratuitous use of exclamation points doesn't help either.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

And if your party is really that great, you shouldn't be threatening people who voice disapproval with it via PM. That's not on.

"Before you slag off a party you know fuck all about i would think very carefully before you do !!!! i will give till end of the day to remove your post on my wembley party thread i have nothing against the away boys they played at my last party bare in mind we have been doing it for years !!!! and if your to thick to know this maybe you should do your homework about us before you slag something off you idiot"

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

For 7 quid I should fuckin' well hope so! :wink:

Wembley party

Post by Wembley party »

gp543 wrote:And if your party is really that great, you shouldn't be threatening people who voice disapproval with it via PM. That's not on.

"Before you slag off a party you know fuck all about i would think very carefully before you do !!!! i will give till end of the day to remove your post on my wembley party thread i have nothing against the away boys they played at my last party bare in mind we have been doing it for years !!!! and if your to thick to know this maybe you should do your homework about us before you slag something off you idiot"
It was the fact that everything you said was shit and not true grow up little boy

Wembley party

Post by Wembley party »

gp543 wrote:And if your party is really that great, you shouldn't be threatening people who voice disapproval with it via PM. That's not on.

It was the fact that everything you said was shit and not true grow up little boy

Daycat

Post by Daycat »

northbank123 wrote:
BournemouthRED wrote:
You have my attention.
Judging by your picture you've got music covered. Who's coming to NB123 + BRed's semi-final party? :barscarf:
Think ill attend this party too :D

WEWEREINVINCIBLE!

Post by WEWEREINVINCIBLE! »

£7 entry? and £4 for fosters? Personally id rather stay in a Wetherspoons up London.
Last edited by WEWEREINVINCIBLE! on Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Wembley party wrote:

Not everything was shit. Actually everything except for the capacity figure, which I apologized for getting wrong, was quite accurate.

Just not for me and I think you haven't gone about promoting your event in the best way, from personal insults to poorly written double posts.

Hope it goes well for you, but I won't encourage my mates to attend it if asked.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Right this thread has hacked me right off, perhaps you'd like to send me a PM because I know exactly what your "parties" are like having been to one before the chelsea FA cup semi a few years back. Reasons why I wont be bothering and information for others who haven't been to one of these bashes before:

1) £7 entry to a daytime bash, with no mention of beer tokens is a joke
2) £4 a pint of fosters , how much are the other drinks?? If this is set up like a nightclub should there not be a happy hour????
3) The whole experience at one of your spoon bashes went from having 5 quid snatched from my fingers at 11am on the morning of the chelsea game, to getting 10 pints in per round between four of us because we knew the bar couldn't cope with the numbers who swamped the place after 2pm. Needless to say, we left by 3pm.
4) The food was awful and comprised of a burger stall at the back selling what might as well have been horse meat burgers.
5) The toilets where overflowing and couldn't handle the numbers at the venue, I didn't bank on swimming to wembley.

I don't know what your remit is for spamming this forum with a bash that will no doubt line your pockets, but gooners aren't stupid. The venue with a large beer garden seems like a good local option.

remigardeshair

Post by remigardeshair »

I had a ticket for one of these bashes before the LC final against Birmingham - As it was my train got delayed so I wouldn't have made it anyway, but I was texted on the way being told it was over full, awful inside, with loads of fans with tickets left outside because it was too full (no refunds of course) so not to bother.

I've politely declined the offer of a ticket this year.

Wembley party

Post by Wembley party »

remigardeshair wrote:I had a ticket for one of these bashes before the LC final against Birmingham - As it was my train got delayed so I wouldn't have made it anyway, but I was texted on the way being told it was over full, awful inside, with loads of fans with tickets left outside because it was too full (no refunds of course) so not to bother.

I've politely declined the offer of a ticket this year.
We take total responsibily for that when you are organising parties of this size there are always the odd little isue
That crop up which we do realy care about the problem was last time it started to rain which caused a bit of a rush at the door we did appologise for that and we refunded 100 tickets and we gave people a week after the event and the next home game to get a refund which many did and we took full reponsibilty for that and many a free drink was brought by us as an apology This years event is an 800 capacity venue but we are only selling 750 to take care of that problem .