A Pre-Wembley Fa cup semi final party !!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: The Big Wembley Fa cup semi final party !!

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:Right this thread has hacked me right off, perhaps you'd like to send me a PM because I know exactly what your "parties" are like having been to one before the chelsea FA cup semi a few years back. Reasons why I wont be bothering and information for others who haven't been to one of these bashes before:

1) £7 entry to a daytime bash, with no mention of beer tokens is a joke
2) £4 a pint of fosters , how much are the other drinks?? If this is set up like a nightclub should there not be a happy hour????
3) The whole experience at one of your spoon bashes went from having 5 quid snatched from my fingers at 11am on the morning of the chelsea game, to getting 10 pints in per round between four of us because we knew the bar couldn't cope with the numbers who swamped the place after 2pm. Needless to say, we left by 3pm.
4) The food was awful and comprised of a burger stall at the back selling what might as well have been horse meat burgers.
5) The toilets where overflowing and couldn't handle the numbers at the venue, I didn't bank on swimming to wembley.

I don't know what your remit is for spamming this forum with a bash that will no doubt line your pockets, but gooners aren't stupid. The venue with a large beer garden seems like a good local option.

:rubchin:

Who were the lightweights?

:wink:

Or did some of you bring your wives/girlfriends? :lol: :wink:

Wembley party

Post by Wembley party »

DB10GOONER wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:Right this thread has hacked me right off, perhaps you'd like to send me a PM because I know exactly what your "parties" are like having been to one before the chelsea FA cup semi a few years back. Reasons why I wont be bothering and information for others who haven't been to one of these bashes before:

1) £7 entry to a daytime bash, with no mention of beer tokens is a joke
2) £4 a pint of fosters , how much are the other drinks?? If this is set up like a nightclub should there not be a happy hour????
3) The whole experience at one of your spoon bashes went from having 5 quid snatched from my fingers at 11am on the morning of the chelsea game, to getting 10 pints in per round between four of us because we knew the bar couldn't cope with the numbers who swamped the place after 2pm. Needless to say, we left by 3pm.
4) The food was awful and comprised of a burger stall at the back selling what might as well have been horse meat burgers.
5) The toilets where overflowing and couldn't handle the numbers at the venue, I didn't bank on swimming to wembley.

I don't know what your remit is for spamming this forum with a bash that will no doubt line your pockets, but gooners aren't stupid. The venue with a large beer garden seems like a good local option.

:rubchin:

Who were the lightweights?

:wink:

Or did some of you bring your wives/girlfriends? :lol: :wink:
Ha Ha :lol: we didnt leave till 1 in the morning great day apart fromj the result :banghead:

remigardeshair

Post by remigardeshair »

Wembley party wrote:
remigardeshair wrote:I had a ticket for one of these bashes before the LC final against Birmingham - As it was my train got delayed so I wouldn't have made it anyway, but I was texted on the way being told it was over full, awful inside, with loads of fans with tickets left outside because it was too full (no refunds of course) so not to bother.

I've politely declined the offer of a ticket this year.
We take total responsibily for that when you are organising parties of this size there are always the odd little isue
That crop up which we do realy care about the problem was last time it started to rain which caused a bit of a rush at the door we did appologise for that and we refunded 100 tickets and we gave people a week after the event and the next home game to get a refund which many did and we took full reponsibilty for that and many a free drink was brought by us as an apology This years event is an 800 capacity venue but we are only selling 750 to take care of that problem .
I hope you party better than you punctuate. :shock:

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

remigardeshair wrote:
Wembley party wrote:
remigardeshair wrote:I had a ticket for one of these bashes before the LC final against Birmingham - As it was my train got delayed so I wouldn't have made it anyway, but I was texted on the way being told it was over full, awful inside, with loads of fans with tickets left outside because it was too full (no refunds of course) so not to bother.

We take total responsibily for that when you are organising parties of this size there are always the odd little isue
That crop up which we do realy care about the problem was last time it started to rain which caused a bit of a rush at the door we did appologise for that and we refunded 100 tickets and we gave people a week after the event and the next home game to get a refund which many did and we took full reponsibilty for that and many a free drink was brought by us as an apology This years event is an 800 capacity venue but we are only selling 750 to take care of that problem .

I'm going to punctuate like its 1.9,9'9

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BournemouthRED wrote:
remigardeshair wrote:
Wembley party wrote:

:coffeespit:
Outstanding. 8)

But in fairness it being you, you'd fucking play a shit DJ re-mix of it to a room full of arseholes with no taste in music. Just saying...

:-P :wink: :wink:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

why would anyone want to be in the Wembley area for this match without a ticket? :?
if it was Cup Final day itself I could maybe understand more but it is not, it is a semi final that just happens to be taking place at Wembley v Wigan Athletic :roll:

if you live in North London the best places to watch will be in the usual pubs around the Emirates surely.

remigardeshair

Post by remigardeshair »

Gunner Rob wrote:why would anyone want to be in the Wembley area for this match without a ticket? :?
if it was Cup Final day itself I could maybe understand more but it is not, it is a semi final that just happens to be taking place at Wembley v Wigan Athletic :roll:

if you live in North London the best places to watch will be in the usual pubs around the Emirates surely.
I assume it's a (badly punctuated) party for those who do have tickets.

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

DB10GOONER wrote:
BournemouthRED wrote:
remigardeshair wrote:
Wembley party wrote:

:coffeespit:
Outstanding. 8)

But in fairness it being you, you'd fucking play a shit DJ re-mix of it to a room full of arseholes with no taste in music. Just saying...

:-P :wink: :wink:

I have an awful remix of this song, if I think its awful then god knows what you would think of it :lol:

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

have been asked to post the following pics by marco as he is not able to himself...

from a previous do at wembley

and a flyer...

HARLOW GOONER

Post by HARLOW GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:Are strippers and cocaine included in the price?
The junior gunners very own gunnersaurus will be special guest though

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

Technical question ; why can I not view those photos posted by gooner.ed? Either on explorer or chrome browsers ; Is it something to do withmy settings?

I have the same problem with other photos on threads as well.

remigardeshair

Post by remigardeshair »

You aren't missing a great deal, each one could be entitled 'Lots of Arsenal fans standing in a room drinking'

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

remigardeshair wrote:You aren't missing a great deal, each one could be entitled 'Lots of Arsenal fans standing in a room drinking'
That's an overstatement :D

Cook, if you really do have a potent desire to see blurred photos of pot-bellied middle aged Gooners drinking beer, then maybe I can suggest?

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/the- ... your-belly

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Ohhh look , wigan fans have been told on their official site that this venue is an official wigan pub! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/news/artic ... 20941.aspx

Will be interesting to see what happens when they turn up en masse. :rubchin:

gp543

Post by gp543 »

nut flush gooner wrote:Ohhh look , wigan fans have been told on their official site that this venue is an official wigan pub! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/news/artic ... 20941.aspx

Will be interesting to see what happens when they turn up en masse. :rubchin:
Yeah, that and the pictures with what looks like the world's smallest bar inside what appears to be a boring and soulless meeting hall, rules this out for me. Among other things.