Red Army Take Over Baker Street Pubs!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: Wembley Pubs

Post by Gunner Rob »

ok I have been convinced that the Globe will be the place to be! I will probably head there as a last stopping off place before Wembley. Should be good. hopefully the sun will be out next Saturday too.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Excellent, we will be at the globe for 12:30 after having food.

Can I suggest that to make sure we take the globe that people use social media/twitter to get the message out. 50-100 gooners there by 12:30 should do it and dissuade the wigan fans. Ive already put a message out on twitter through redaction. Best way is probably to get this going viral and get peeps to retweet.

Should be lively up there!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

yeah that sounds a good idea - the earlier that Wigan fans can be dissuaded from going the better.
it shouldnt be too difficult to outnumber Wigan fans though!

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

guys, you don't have to drink loads to enjoy football you know :roll:

nut flush gooner

BournemouthRED wrote:guys, you don't have to drink loads to enjoy football you know :roll:
Does Arsenal not drive you to drink these days !

nut flush gooner

Gunner Rob wrote:yeah that sounds a good idea - the earlier that Wigan fans can be dissuaded from going the better.
it shouldnt be too difficult to outnumber Wigan fans though!
The pikeys will probably also be put off by the beer prices and head for the nearest offie! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

nut flush gooner wrote:
BournemouthRED wrote:guys, you don't have to drink loads to enjoy football you know :roll:
Does Arsenal not drive you to drink these days !
I haven't watched arsenal sober since I was about 15 :lol:

We'll be at the globe early for sure :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

Looks good for the globe then !

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Can't remember there being a pub worthy of the name whenever I visited Wembley.

The Globe at Baker Street is the home of Burberry on Ing-er-lund days - full of Shammers and Chavs standing in the street abusing anyone that walks past.

I wonder if Herd's ever spent a passing hour there before an Ing-er-lund match :D

nut flush gooner

SteveO 35 wrote:Can't remember there being a pub worthy of the name whenever I visited Wembley.

The Globe at Baker Street is the home of Burberry on Ing-er-lund days - full of Shammers and Chavs standing in the street abusing anyone that walks past.

I wonder if Herd's ever spent a passing hour there before an Ing-er-lund match :D
Agreed pub options are shite for Wembley, but the Globe ticks the boxes for convenience and its easy to get to wembley.

As its not an england game, we don't have to worry about chavs from the lane or chelski!

nut flush gooner

http://www.wigan.vitalfootball.co.uk/fo ... 5&posts=18

If this is true and they've only sold 12,000 then that's embarrassing. Seems like wigan made it difficult for their fans to get hold of tickets, they had to prove they where genuine fans by going to two whole games! Guess that was to stop gooners from getting tickets in their end, but from the perspective of drinking in the globe I don't expect to see any wigan fans around. They will probably be going to tescos round the corner to get their beers!

Seems like its a day trip for most of them on a budget rather than an expensive weekend.

karlafcgooner

wembley pubs

Post by karlafcgooner »

hi all does any1 know whats the best pubs to go to next saturday as don't no many pubs in wembley as ill be getting to victoria at 1 just want to meet some new gooner mates before the game thanks karl

Eboue-Why?

Re: wembley pubs

Post by Eboue-Why? »

karlafcgooner wrote:hi all does any1 know whats the best pubs to go to next saturday as don't no many pubs in wembley as ill be getting to victoria at 1 just want to meet some new gooner mates before the game thanks karl
Have a look at page 1 mate....... :oops:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: wembley pubs

Post by StuartL »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
karlafcgooner wrote:hi all does any1 know whats the best pubs to go to next saturday as don't no many pubs in wembley as ill be getting to victoria at 1 just want to meet some new gooner mates before the game thanks karl
Have a look at page 1 mate....... :oops:

Or you may prefer a sneaky look at page 3 :wink:

Suzzane Mizzi and Lucious Linda Lusardi :lol:

nut flush gooner

Does anyone want to start drinking now after todays joke performance. :banghead: :banghead: