Gooner Wembley mash-up special guests a rugby league team

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: Gooner Wembley mash-up special guests a rugby league tea

Post by northbank123 »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:Don't forget we also pummelled them in the last game at Highbury, what an occasion that was !
I actually have a bit of a soft spot for Wigan after that game. The majority of their fans wore the blue 'I was there' shirts, despite it being the celebration of another club, and it seemed around 75% stayed after the game to watch the post-match shenanigans, all the while clapping along. Not a hint of dissent, actually. Just surprised me in this day and age, when most football fans are wankers for the sake of it.
I seem to remember all their players just stood on the pitch, loving the occasion. Apart from Chimbonda who stood on his own looking glum having already alienated his team-mates by running his mouth and being greedy.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Seriously mate, reading an interview on Pravda is like listening to that comical Ali blokes interviews back in 2003. The poor man swore blind Iraq was fine and they were beating the allies. He even kept a straight face whilst doing it.

All we can hope for is they put in a shift,don't bottle the 50/50s and show they are superior....as I mentioned earlier......Blind faith.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:Don't forget we also pummelled them in the last game at Highbury, what an occasion that was !
I actually have a bit of a soft spot for Wigan after that game. The majority of their fans wore the blue 'I was there' shirts, despite it being the celebration of another club, and it seemed around 75% stayed after the game to watch the post-match shenanigans, all the while clapping along. Not a hint of dissent, actually. Just surprised me in this day and age, when most football fans are wankers for the sake of it.
I seem to remember all their players just stood on the pitch, loving the occasion. Apart from Chimbonda who stood on his own looking glum having already alienated his team-mates by running his mouth and being greedy.
Chimbonda. Absolute prick. :roll: :x

I just bet he played for at least one cunty small time no mark club whose fans are just as cunty as he is. :rubchin:

Basil is a Gooner

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

http://news.arseblog.com/2014/04/wenger ... m=facebook

Arsene Wenger has cast doubt on the involvement of a host of first team players ahead of Saturday’s FA Cup semi-final showdown with Wigan Athletic.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Kieran Gibbs, Tomas Rosicky are all nursing problems which could see them sit out the visit to Wembley (they face late tests) while Mathieu Flamini is suspended. In better news Aaron Ramsey has been declared fit enough to start.
The boss also confirmed that Lukasz Fabianski, who has kept goal throughout the FA Cup run, will start.
Casting his eye over players currently sidelined, Wenger confirmed that Laurent Koscielny could be involved against West Ham on Tuesday with Mesut Ozil aiming to be fit for Hull on the 19th April.
Asserting his determination to secure a first FA Cup final since 2005, the boss remarked of the tie against the reigning holders: ”We want to win the semi-final and it’s important to focus on that. We respect Wigan highly.”

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_ ... _table.php

Top of the league!

Add in Rosicky and the Ox and we're clear by a solid 4 injuries :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Press conference wouldn't fill you with optimism for Saturday or the future. granted he states he wants to win this game but he looks and sound disinterested.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

i am not surprised that the Ox is injured again. Another case of being overplayed.
Wenger has absolutely no idea about squad rotation, it seems to be more a case of play them until they drop and then bring in someone else who has been injured for months.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Not bothered about who plays in goal. Fabianski has done well in the run so far.

But we should definitely play our strongest 10 on field... If Ramsey and Ox are available then they should start. And I'd be happy to start with Sanogo rather than Giroud.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Seems like we're struggling to field eleven fit players :lol: Arsene knows!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

no doubt Wenger will put out a team who he thinks are capable of winning like he usually does for these cup comps.
I expect to see a "stronger" team v West Ham. He will be taking that match more seriously.

I imagine his team talk v Wigan will be - just go and play

trustno10

Post by trustno10 »

11 players possibly out for #afc on Sat. Gibbs, Ox, Rosicky, Koscielny, Ozil, Wilshere, Walcott, Gnabry, Diaby, Bendtner, Flamini (banned).
:shock: :shock: :shock:

To think people on this forum laughed at Wenger when he signed Kallstrom.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

trustno10 wrote:
11 players possibly out for #afc on Sat. Gibbs, Ox, Rosicky, Koscielny, Ozil, Wilshere, Walcott, Gnabry, Diaby, Bendtner, Flamini (banned).

Miyaichi is out too.

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

trustno10 wrote:

That is an absolute fucking JOKE! :banghead:

You cannot tell me that is just "Unlucky"

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Injured me hole, his priority is the virtual trophy, those players are being rested under the pretense of being "injured". The focus is on West Ham Tuesday night. Gauranteed all will make a miracolous recovery for that :roll: