Gooner Wembley mash-up special guests a rugby league team

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
topgoon

Re: Wigan Fa cup semi aka Arsene's resignation letter

Post by topgoon »

northbank123 wrote:We should cane them, even with our form. They are a Championship club and we have more than enough to see them off. That said, they will undoubtedly have a game plan unlike us and the longer it goes on 0-0 or if they nick a goal we will get incredibly nervy.
Your post probably sums up what will happen next week. Except I think it'll end with them nicking a goal at the right moment say....89th min at 1-1. Game over.

I want to win the FA cup because like most fans on here over the age of 35, it was the best day of the season, a whole day dedicated to pundits,the tea lady, the star striker's grans next door neighbor, some bloke who met the manager's mums former gardner.
It was what we grew up with.

Yet We(Arsene Wenger that is) have taken the piss out of it for 9 years and I would dearly love another trip to Wembley that ends up in joy but make no mistake, If he wins it he will be given a fat new contract he will stay on and we will be back to SQUARE F**KING ONE.

I will celebrate us winning it, if we can get past 2 teams that are f**king beneath us, but when I get home on both semi final and if we get there final day, I'll know any positive result takes us further and further from what the club needs....A clear out, players and manager.

No offence TH14, but other seasons you could get away with careful what you wish for ...not anymore.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Three weeks ago I predicted they might beat a complacent city, then I thought we might win easy.

Rosler did a nice job at Brentford, starting well at Wigan. If Wenger sacrifices this for the 'vital' league game on the Tuesday, then he'll probably inadvertently pick a team with width and pace and we'll win 2-0.

Otherwise 1-0 either way.

trustno10

Post by trustno10 »

Wigan may be in the championship but they have lost only 3 of their last 23 league games. Put a mid-table PL side in those fixtures and they would have a poorer record.

With the way we are playing and Wigan having a tactically competent manager I would put them as favourites at the moment

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Paddy Power odds

Wigan 7/1
Gutless tossers 2/5
Draw after 90mins 7/2

Those odds will fall as the days get closer I'm lumping on wigan win and draw. For me that looks like a win win :oops: :banghead:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Wigan beat citeh last round and they are a far better side than us.If rosler has any kind of game plan(we know le fartpipe won't) they could very well do us.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Wigan play football and may play into arsenal's hands by doing so. But playing a pumped up Hull in the final scares me. We have no big game mentality.

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:Wigan play football and may play into arsenal's hands by doing so. But playing a pumped up Hull in the final scares me. We have no big game mentality.

Le cock signing a new contract terrifies me and it should be the only thing that scares any Gooner at the mo :cry:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

officepest wrote:If Herr Rossler has watched one game we've played in recently he's watched them all. We could very well get dumped out.
Good point and slightly on that point Wigan played at home yesterday not a million miles from where we played today. Ideal opportunity for our manager to take in their game...Not sure if he did but very much doubt it.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

augie wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:Wigan play football and may play into arsenal's hands by doing so. But playing a pumped up Hull in the final scares me. We have no big game mentality.

Le cock signing a new contract terrifies me and it should be the only thing that scares any Gooner at the mo :cry:
Please God no , not a new contract.

markyp

Post by markyp »

and even worse I can see another Nayim moment with huddlestone or Livermore taking the glory :oops:

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Bradywasking wrote:
augie wrote:

Please God no , not a new contract.
In all seriousness, Everton getting the VT and us being dicked by Wigan or Hull is the only way to get him out the door.

It would be ironic that after AW calling Stoke a rugby team, we lose to either teams that are more renowned for their rugby clubs :oops:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

falkirk goon wrote:Wigan beat citeh last round and they are a far better side than us.If rosler has any kind of game plan(we know le fartpipe won't) they could very well do us.

Well I have one to beat us so surely a competent manager would have.

My tactics, let BFG have as much of the ball as possible, when he passes close down the player asap (it will be sagna 9 times out of 10) and usually with him being on the touchline with no forward option to pass to.

press central midfield early as they usually receive the ball with their back to goal and therefore can't even see the options (or what is coming towards them), tackle hard but fair and while we go to ground, claiming fouls take advantage and drive to the heart of our defence which will back track and give you time and space to shoot.

When we (if we manage it at all) attack them down the flanks, and invariably lose the ball, attack with pace, be direct as our defence just can't cope with being ran at.

From corners, do short corners and / or overload on the back post as Monreal can't head for toffee and we do nothing to counteract being outnumbered (good old zonal)

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

StuartL wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:Wigan beat citeh last round and they are a far better side than us.If rosler has any kind of game plan(we know le fartpipe won't) they could very well do us.

Well I have one to beat us so surely a competent manager would have.

My tactics, let BFG have as much of the ball as possible, when he passes close down the player asap (it will be sagna 9 times out of 10) and usually with him being on the touchline with no forward option to pass to.

press central midfield early as they usually receive the ball with their back to goal and therefore can't even see the options (or what is coming towards them), tackle hard but fair and while we go to ground, claiming fouls take advantage and drive to the heart of our defence which will back track and give you time and space to shoot.

When we (if we manage it at all) attack them down the flanks, and invariably lose the ball, attack with pace, be direct as our defence just can't cope with being ran at.
Spot on mate.If rosler reads the online gooner we're humped.
From corners, do short corners and / or overload on the back post as Monreal can't head for toffee and we do nothing to counteract being outnumbered (good old zonal)

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

:oops: made a bit of a noel hunt of that :lol: spot on mate 8)

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

play ramsey and the ox and drop giroud