Cazorla Interview

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
MrT

Cazorla Interview

Post by MrT »

Next to be benched and next out the door. Don't blame him.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footbal ... 48323.html
Santi Cazorla has claimed he might leave Arsenal at the end of his contract if the club’s trophy drought continues.

In a frank interview with Sport 360, the 29-year-old Spaniard admitted his team-mates lack a winning mentality in key moments and urged manager Arsene Wenger to invest in new players this summer.

Cazorla joined the Gunners from Malaga in 2012 and has two years left on his deal. With Arsenal hoping to take a step closer to the first piece of silverware in nine years when facing Wigan in Saturday’s FA Cup semi-final at Wembley, the midfielder said: “I want titles and that is why I came to Arsenal.

“Every player wants to win titles. We’ve gone many years without winning one. And if not, what I’ll look for in my next destination is to have the chance to win.

“I don’t want to close doors but I’ve a contract with Arsenal for two more seasons. When I’m turning 31 I’ll evaluate myself and I’ll choose the best option. In which case, I would be delighted to come back [to Spain].

“We’ve been unlucky in several games. We had a lot of chances to win against Manchester United and there was Ozil’s penalty [against Bayern].

“We couldn’t recover after going out against Bayern in the Champions League. And the defeat against Stoke finished us. You can’t lose against Stoke if you aspire to be the next champion.

“We haven’t got a winning mentality and we have to believe in ourselves [more]. Sometimes you can get used to not fighting but we can’t do that. Arsenal is and will always be a historic football club, we have to look forward. Arsenal has everything to win — history, infrastructure, an incredible stadium and great players.

“But we have to improve at crucial moments and sign the best football players because if you don’t do that, you may lag behind others.

“That is what makes it different at other clubs. You’ve a good example in Manchester City, who signed Fernandinho, [Alvaro] Negredo... or even Manchester United with [Robin] Van Persie and [Juan] Mata. Arsenal know what they need next season but it’s almost impossible to win a title if we haven’t got these kind of things.”

The Gunners were linked with a move last summer to sign Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas and Cazorla believes the club remain interested. He said: “I’ve told Iker to join Arsenal. But so far he has just been curious about my experience in England.

“His situation is complicated. Lots of clubs want him, including Arsenal, but it would be difficult to leave Real because he knows what he has there.”

Gunner Rob

Re: Cazorla Interview

Post by Gunner Rob »

MrT wrote:Next to be benched and next out the door. Don't blame him.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footbal ... 48323.html
Santi Cazorla has claimed he might leave Arsenal at the end of his contract if the club’s trophy drought continues.

The Gunners were linked with a move last summer to sign Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas and Cazorla believes the club remain interested. He said: “I’ve told Iker to join Arsenal. But so far he has just been curious about my experience in England.

:lol: :lol: I bet he has, he probably thinks thank fuck I haven't joined that shower of shit. :lol: :lol:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Cazorla owes nothing to the club, he has no reason for feeling any loyalty to the club, but it makes me laugh when a guy like him comes out with the "il leave if i dont get trophies" line. We might win things, if his perofrmances werent so shit. He has been awful this season, and doing little step overs, and drag backs, doesnt make you a skillful player.

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

BFG4 wrote:Cazorla owes nothing to the club, he has no reason for feeling any loyalty to the club, but it makes me laugh when a guy like him comes out with the "il leave if i dont get trophies" line. We might win things, if his perofrmances werent so shit. He has been awful this season, and doing little step overs, and drag backs, doesnt make you a skillful player.
He was great when he arrived. Just wondering is it because of the player or is it because something else is seriously wrong in the club? Arshavin?

Gooner_Sam

Post by Gooner_Sam »

Very similar to what Koscielny said, saying we'd better win trophies or he'd leave. Yet it was HIS FAULT we lost to Birmingham in the cup. Well, a combination of him and Szcesney. But still. Bore off.

However what Cazorla is saying is what we've all been saying. I echo his sentiments, we needed an injection of quality in January but it never came and it ultimately cost us.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Before everyone jumps on this one way or the other, we don't know what might have been lost or misquoted in translation. :|

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

I think I can separate the quality players from the chaff.

Carzola isn't rubbish, he isn't in the Giroud/Podolski/Chamakh class he is in a quality class of player who could probably win stuff if he had more talented team mates, like strikers that have ability.

There comes a time when we can piss and moan about lack of loyalty in RVP or even Cesc but these players train with talented people in the national team, they're not mugs. They know that they don't need to play with Alex Song in midfield, or Chamakh up front. They recognise their own ability, and they don't need Arsene to tell them it.

Cesc basically before he left asked Arsene his transfer window plans, and Arsene told him they'll be no major signings. His mind was made up and he left.

Carzola looked incredibly demotivated against Everton, I hate to see it, arms waving and giving when HE loses the ball, I do! But I blame the man who sets up albeit not the most talented squad in the PL, but none the less a talented one to get beaten 5-1, 6-3, 6-0, 3-0 away from home.

The problem at Arsenal is as constant as the north star.

Arsene Wenger your time is up!!

spendsum4uckingmoney

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

Honesty Caz can go if he wants. Our midfield has no pace whatsoever and needs a shakeup. Get 25m for him and invest in the squad.

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

spendsum4uckingmoney wrote:Honesty Caz can go if he wants. Our midfield has no pace whatsoever and needs a shakeup. Get 25m for him and invest in the squad.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Get £25m and invest in the squad? What about the interest that kind of cash can generate in the bank account?

The more interviews coming out of from players like this the better as far as I am concerned. There are lots of players out there who are quality players with other quality players around them but distinctly average when surrounded by mediocrity. I think Ozil is exactly the same.

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

He is a quality player, he hasn't been used properly a lot of the time (wasted on the wing), and against most teams it is a luxury to have him and Ozil in the same side.

Still I'd be sad to see him go although wouldn't blame him (even if that is the case he does want to go). It does have tinges of Arshavin feel to it.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Don't understand the stick he's getting from a lot of people tbh. Granted this season he hasn't been as on point as last season but the guy is a genius and I think we're lucky to have him. Couldn't believe it when we signed him, great player.

Will it be possible in the future for anyone else to leave Arsenal and not be considered a wanker/traitor? It just seems like any time a player pipes up to voice disapproval at the state of things at the club he's considered a judas, told to fuck off and roundly boo'd when he returns with another club. Why not start looking at the bigger picture and directing some of that ire towards AW and the board?

You reckon Ozil is gonna stick around for more than another year or two if we don't invest in some top quality players? Maybe we can then start cunting him off and calling him a judas wanker too...?

:roll:

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

Can we really blame any player for not giving a fuck if they play for a manager and board who doesn't? The team surely had their minds set for winning this year but they all knew that the team needed help in January. They got nothing and given the annual injury list what can we really except from them.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Skooner wrote:
spendsum4uckingmoney wrote:Honesty Caz can go if he wants. Our midfield has no pace whatsoever and needs a shakeup. Get 25m for him and invest in the squad.

Get £25m and invest in the squad? What about the interest that kind of cash can generate in the bank account?
The more interviews coming out of from players like this the better as far as I am concerned. There are lots of players out there who are quality players with other quality players around them but distinctly average when surrounded by mediocrity. I think Ozil is exactly the same.
Not to mention the additional property we could buy around the ground to turn into apartments. I'm so excited its like the CL Group stage come early

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Skooner wrote:

Not to mention the additional property we could buy around the ground to turn into apartments. I'm so excited its like the CL Group stage come early
Ha ha ha you old cynic you....... :wink:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

BFG4 wrote:Cazorla owes nothing to the club, he has no reason for feeling any loyalty to the club, but it makes me laugh when a guy like him comes out with the "il leave if i dont get trophies" line. We might win things, if his perofrmances werent so shit. He has been awful this season, and doing little step overs, and drag backs, doesnt make you a skillful player.
Always used to laugh when Nasri used to come out with shit like this,it made you think "well if you didn't go missing for 5 out of 6 games we might win something",Fuck Cazorla,fuck most of the current squad,theres not really one player I'd care if they went,except maybe the Ox,I think he's one that actually does give a fuck....