Groundhog day major- The day the Canaries may sing?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Theoperator1

Groundhog day major- The day the Canaries may sing?

Post by Theoperator1 »

Last match of the season, which I suppose is why
Tickets will go on sale on Monday 14th April 2014 @ 10am until Monday 14th April 2014 @ 3pm to Platinum, Gold & current Travel Club members with 40+ Away Points. (All tickets are subject availability)
Is 40+ a record start :shock:

clockender1

Re: Groundhog day major- The day the Canaries may sing?

Post by clockender1 »

Wengers Farewell Game.

had to say it. everyone was thinking it anyway.....

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Seems optimistic to me. Are thousands of people really that desperate to trek to the countryside where everyone shags their sisters to watch us scrap it out for 4th again?

Simon

Post by Simon »

Just an aside - pretty sure when we played Leyton Orient away in the FA Cup ticket sales started at 50+ or even 55+ away credits.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

This could potentially cost me far more than £40.

The plastic sheeting, special waterproof pants and lorry load of tissues I'll have to invest in, just in case "Wenger's greatest ever achievement" of coming 4th that day actually happens.

The scenes at St James's Park will be a drop in the ocean compared to the ticker tape fanfare that will greet the players on their return to Islington Town Hall when we pip megarich Everton to that final CL spot, which will see us go on a Summer spree like never before signing top world stars from every corner of the globe

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:This could potentially cost me far more than £40.

The plastic sheeting, special waterproof pants and lorry load of tissues I'll have to invest in, just in case "Wenger's greatest ever achievement" of coming 4th that day actually happens.

The scenes at St James's Park will be a drop in the ocean compared to the ticker tape fanfare that will greet the players on their return to Islington Town Hall when we pip megarich Everton to that final CL spot, which will see us go on a Summer spree like never before signing top world stars from every corner of the globe
:lol: :lol:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

clockender1 wrote:Wengers Farewell Game.

I think you meant to type "HOPING" it is his last game........ :barscarf:
Last edited by robbo10 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

clockender1 wrote:Wengers Farewell Game.

that will be a week later at Wembley :wink:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I think it may well be a cynical ploy on behalf on the club to ensure that people don't start racking up away points before a possible cup final where away points will come into play more so than the semi-final. There will be a minimum number of games needed for a possible cup final ticket and the club will have a rough idea of any potential allocation and the number of people eligible. What they don't want is a load of people moving up to that amount by buying tickets for the games against Hull and Norwich. By starting it off so high, it means people lower down with say 1,2,3 or 4 away points can't get to another couple of points and be in with a shout for a possible cup final ticket.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Although we all know the sun will fall from the sky should we fail to qualify, I would dearly love to see Kroenke sell up and fuck off and Inspector Clueless gone with him.....leave us with a new owner and manager in the Europa League and start a new beginning. If the new owner and manager showed some ambition I'd happily go to the Thursday night games....then we'll fucking see who the so called real supporters are. Apparently I'm not one as I don't sign up for all the Brand Arsenal shit and refuse to pay over the odds.....so when the club has no choice but to incentivise Europa League ticket prices it'll be like a throw back to Littlewoods Cup games against Doncaster and Huddersfield with less than 20,000 people there. I'm up for it !