Cup final tickets

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: Cup final tickets

Post by nut flush gooner »

LaughingGooner wrote:Club Wembley tickets are #395 + 15%.
And this is face value??!?!?!
They are going on sale on Ebay is #750.
Fucking joke.
That's actually not a bad mark up. Expect the professional touts (ie wankers) to charge that for the normal priced seats.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Fucking joke.
From Dublin Abbey Travel are charging €579 (and rising) for hotel and Club Wembley ticket..add in flights and beer money , plus a bit of food, about €900 to €1000 ..cant see Mrs Bradywasking looking favourably on that.
Last edited by Bradywasking on Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

nut flush gooner

It cant have been missed that Hull didnt sell their allocation out. Based on this and our significantly bigger fan base, I expect our allocation to be around 30k.

If you are a season ticket holder with 3 away credits, then its a done deal imo. If you have no credits then I recogn its a 60-70% chance.

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

Theoperator wrote:
Theoperator wrote:At least there will be an extra 96 tickets getting used for the final. :roll:

Those 96 empty seats with Pool scarves on were way OTT IMHO- sure have that at Anfield (which they didnt) and I know the Hillsborough match was a cup semi but why effectively penalise supporters of 2 other clubs :twisted:
You're putting your life in danger upsetting the scourers over the hillsborough issue.
You and your family need to be sent to a safe house immediately and you need new identities for the rest of your life.....;)

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

LaughingGooner wrote:
Theoperator wrote:
Theoperator wrote:At least there will be an extra 96 tickets getting used for the final. :roll:

Those 96 empty seats with Pool scarves on were way OTT IMHO- sure have that at Anfield (which they didnt) and I know the Hillsborough match was a cup semi but why effectively penalise supporters of 2 other clubs :twisted:
You're putting your life in danger upsetting the scourers over the hillsborough issue.
You and your family need to be sent to a safe house immediately and you need new identities for the rest of your life.....;)
For Merseysiders that means a new dole card and signing on centre...

nut flush gooner

Bradywasking wrote:
Fucking joke.
From Dublin Abbey Travel are charging €579 (and rising) for hotel and Club Wembley ticket..add in flights and beer money , plus a bit of food, about €900 to €1000 ..cant see Mrs Bradywasking looking favourably on that.
Again this is club wembley, so thats not a bad deal. There are loads of cheap flights from Dublin to London that weekend like under 50 quid.

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

25k allocation for the final. pisstake considering 17k going to Club Wembley members and 20k going to the "football family".

bang goes the 0-0 draw

Post by bang goes the 0-0 draw »

http://www.thefa.com/news/the-fa-cup/20 ... qPh9DZa.99

"Tickets will be sold via the two clubs and will be available at £45, £65, £85 and £115."

Suppose arsenal.com will have info this week on ballots etc

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Typical with 2 credits i reckon im screwed. We should have a bigger allocation.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

A 90kseater stadium that will only have 50k fans of both clubs present. Nice one FA. You and the "football family" can kiss my Arsenal. :evil: :cussing:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Theoperator wrote: :oops:
sorry
Would you like me to delete it?

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

I remember going to my first cup final v Ipswich in 1978, then v United in 1979 and having to buy from a tout for West Ham in 1980. For each of those games I remember the same discussions (ok, not on the internet!) about the clubs only getting 25% each and 50% going to FA affiliated clubs and corporate! So...36 years on and nothing has changed at all... doesn't make it fair but equally we should hardly be surprised....

And while I feel dreadfully sorry for anyone who has loads of away match credits but on a travel club membership....or who has a gold membership but only 2 or less away match credits... the way Arsenal apply the rules has been pretty much set in stone for at least the last 8 years... If you have a season ticket then just make damn sure that you have at least, say, 5 away match credits on there at any point in time. It aint difficult! And the reason I feel sorry for you is that I've missed out so many times in the past... CL final in Paris, FA Cup finals v Chelsea, Newcastle!

Also, and please forgive me for this, but I do feel a tad smug when so many on here have been banging on about giving up their season tickets as some sort of anti-Wenger anti Kronke gesture... It's moments like these that are precisely the reason why I could never conceive giving the thing up - despite being tempted many times!

spot

Post by spot »

bang goes the 0-0 draw wrote:http://www.thefa.com/news/the-fa-cup/20 ... qPh9DZa.99

"Tickets will be sold via the two clubs and will be available at £45, £65, £85 and £115."

Suppose arsenal.com will have info this week on ballots etc
Info now up

The Club will be given significantly fewer tickets by the Football Association than it received for the semi-final and the 2011 Carling Cup Final. We recognise that demand for tickets from our members will far outweigh our allocation and we have developed our approach based on previous consultation with Supporter Groups.

Policy
The allocation will be based on three basic principles:

1) Members of the Away Scheme (Away Season Ticket Subscription) will be guaranteed a ticket, provided they are registered members during the relevant season of the particular cup final and so long as they purchase in their priority period.

2) Platinum and Gold members who have attended 3 or more away fixtures registered to their current 2013/14 membership, will be guaranteed a ticket as long as they purchase in their priority period. This will be based on the past two consecutive seasons from August 13, 2011 – April 7, 2014.

3) The majority of tickets will be allocated to the balance of Platinum and Gold Members. Successful applicants will be determined by a random ballot.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

MK Gould wrote:
Also, and please forgive me for this, but I do feel a tad smug when so many on here have been banging on about giving up their season tickets as some sort of anti-Wenger anti Kronke gesture... It's moments like these that are precisely the reason why I could never conceive giving the thing up - despite being tempted many times!
and why I am prepared to sacrifice every cup final by not having a season ticket.

I was at Wembley on Saturday - I enjoyed it. it was a good day out, my first time I have had a chance to go to Wembley supporting the Arsenal after 40 years of supporting the club.

but no way is it worth getting a season ticket at the moment to watch the rubbish on offer these days at the prices that the club charge! more season ticket holders = more power that the club has over the fans. prices will continue to spiral out of control and the players will just get worse and worse. I will be happy to watch in a pub around the Holloway Road. hope everyone going has a great time though :barscarf:

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Gunner Rob wrote:
MK Gould wrote:
and why I am prepared to sacrifice every cup final by not having a season ticket.

I was at Wembley on Saturday - I enjoyed it. it was a good day out, my first time I have had a chance to go to Wembley supporting the Arsenal after 40 years of supporting the club.

but no way is it worth getting a season ticket at the moment to watch the rubbish on offer these days at the prices that the club charge! more season ticket holders = more power that the club has over the fans. prices will continue to spiral out of control and the players will just get worse and worse. I will be happy to watch in a pub around the Holloway Road. hope everyone going has a great time though :barscarf:
Ok, so you refuse to buy a season ticket because of the "rubbish on offer these days at the prices that the club charge"... Highly commendable! But that only really accounts for maybe the last 10 years. What was your reason for not buying a season ticket for the previous 30? And there have been plenty of opportunities to see Arsenal at Wembley in that time without the need for a season ticket... Champions League games, FA Cup final replay 1994, Charity Shields etc etc. I'll give some credit for those that have given a season ticket up on principle, but not those who jump on the bandwagon and use it as an excuse for not buying one when they wouldn't have done so anyway!