Cup final tickets

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: Cup final tickets

Post by Bradywasking »

Bradywasking wrote:
LaughingGooner wrote:Club Wembley tickets are #395 + 15%.
And this is face value??!?!?!
They are going on sale on Ebay is #750.
Fucking joke.
From Dublin Abbey Travel are charging €579 (and rising) for hotel and Club Wembley ticket..add in flights and beer money , plus a bit of food, about €900 to €1000 ..cant see Mrs Bradywasking looking favourably on that.

Sent e.mail to this company as directed on the advert on their website..from the time I sent the e.mail to the time I received their reply.. the price had gone up by €100...

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

MK Gould wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
MK Gould wrote:
Ok, so you refuse to buy a season ticket because of the "rubbish on offer these days at the prices that the club charge"... Highly commendable! But that only really accounts for maybe the last 10 years. What was your reason for not buying a season ticket for the previous 30? And there have been plenty of opportunities to see Arsenal at Wembley in that time without the need for a season ticket... Champions League games, FA Cup final replay 1994, Charity Shields etc etc. I'll give some credit for those that have given a season ticket up on principle, but not those who jump on the bandwagon and use it as an excuse for not buying one when they wouldn't have done so anyway!
can afford to get one now, couldn't before.
it was also very difficult to get hold of any kind of ticket during the glory years at Highbury - especially once the capacity was reduced from 60,000 to 38,500.

my attending of live Arsenal games has therefore been mostly during the 1980s before we went all seater and at the Emirates. at least I can't be accused of being a glory hunter :D

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Bradywasking wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
LaughingGooner wrote:Club Wembley tickets are #395 + 15%.
And this is face value??!?!?!
They are going on sale on Ebay is #750.
Fucking joke.
From Dublin Abbey Travel are charging €579 (and rising) for hotel and Club Wembley ticket..add in flights and beer money , plus a bit of food, about €900 to €1000 ..cant see Mrs Bradywasking looking favourably on that.

Sent e.mail to this company as directed on the advert on their website..from the time I sent the e.mail to the time I received their reply.. the price had gone up by €100...
I still think €679 (c.£580?) is a decent price... The club level ticket plus a hotel must have a face value of at least £250?

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

Only way I can get a ticket is through club level route.
Really resent paying more than 400 pounds face value.
The option of a day in the pub near Arsenal is growing increasingly appealing.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

The FA wonders why the competition has lost some of it's sparkle, well when you have a 90,000 capacity stadium with only 50,000 tickets going to fans of the competing clubs, it surely plays a part!

Ivan Gazidis thinks so too.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footbal ... 59355.html

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I'm going to Wembley, que sera, sera! :barscarf: :barscarf:

The allocation is shit and it encourages touting but the club's policy has been that priority is given to away scheme members then season ticket holders with 3 or more points since 2006. All you need to do, is keep those 3+ points up by going to three or more away games over two years. I think that's a fairly decent amount seeing as you can go to a hell of a lot more as a non season ticket holder and get nowhere near a cup final ticket.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

25,000 tickets is a farce. Club will show the final on a big screen at the Wengerdome.

RoscommonGooner

Post by RoscommonGooner »

QuartzGooner wrote:The FA wonders why the competition has lost some of it's sparkle, well when you have a 90,000 capacity stadium with only 50,000 tickets going to fans of the competing clubs, it surely plays a part!

Ivan Gazidis thinks so too.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footbal ... 59355.html
Good on you Ivan. If only he could contact someone in the FA about it. Oh :roll:

As one of four appointments made by the Premier League to the PGB, Gazidis will play a key role in supporting and advising the FA Board on matters relating to the professional game. The committee has a broad remit including administering the FA Cup, the national England set-up and the FA’s relationship with FIFA and UEFA.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... ning-posts

This was for the 2012/2013 season where the cup finalists also received 25,000 tickets each

RoscommonGooner

Post by RoscommonGooner »

Anyway, although I've a snowballs chance in Hell of getting a ticket I'm still tempted to go over for the weekend. Flights seem to be still reasonable enough. Mind you, I keep thinking about that effort on Saturday and if we play like that against Hull they'll beat us.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:I'm going to Wembley, que sera, sera! :barscarf: :barscarf:

The allocation is shit and it encourages touting but the club's policy has been that priority is given to away scheme members then season ticket holders with 3 or more points since 2006. All you need to do, is keep those 3+ points up by going to three or more away games over two years. I think that's a fairly decent amount seeing as you can go to a hell of a lot more as a non season ticket holder and get nowhere near a cup final ticket.
Agreed, it's a shit allocation but everybody knew what the availability criteria would be. As I think MK Gould pointed out before we have had away Carling Cup games where tickets have been so cheap they are worth buying for the credits alone even if you don't attend!

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Tickets on the blackmarket already going for £400 min each, I expect the price to rise with our poultry allocation.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

nut flush gooner wrote:Tickets on the blackmarket already going for £400 min each, I expect the price to rise with our poultry allocation.
We are allowed chickens at Wembley? :wink:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

officepest wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:Tickets on the blackmarket already going for £400 min each, I expect the price to rise with our poultry allocation.
:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Problem is once your away points gets low. Its not easy too get them back up. I missed out on a few this year. If i had got 1 more i would be okay. Sods law :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

officepest wrote:
Where is the get my coat smilie, still you got one laff ! :fryingpan: