Cup final tickets

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Theoperator

Re: Cup final tickets

Post by Theoperator »

H Block Lower wrote:What a load of shite!!

I've got 2 credits which I'm sure was enough for the Man U cup final so I'm stuck in the ballot or paying stupid money, which with an expensive renewal about to occur, I'm not prepared to do.

And to the fella who says it's easy to maintain 5 + credits - NO IT'S NOT!! I work Saturday mornings so most away games are out of the question even if the credits go down to zero which it very rarely does. The best way to gain credits is Carling cup games or FA cup and we've only had 1 away game in either comp this year. This is the reason I want Wigan to go up cos you get plenty of tickets and not great demand.
Can't see why the club didn't use a 1-5 credits option!
Theres always away games on different days, and arent you allowed a holiday to watch The Arsenal ?- what a crap Boss you have :wink:

think Villa went down to Reds away this year :wink:

H Block Lower

Post by H Block Lower »

Theres always away games on different days, and arent you allowed a holiday to watch The Arsenal ?- what a crap Boss you have :wink:

think Villa went down to Reds away this year :wink:[/quote]

Royal Mail - so yes crap bosses!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

_James_

Post by _James_ »

The trouble with keeping lower number of credits or starting from 0 is the lack of choice of fixtures and usually the distance you need to travel, the more credits you have the more choice of away games you get.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

The clash with the rugby for Hull is absolutely insane.
Incredible that both matches kick off at same time too.

I used to live in Hull and it is very much a rugby city rather than a football one (although in recent years I guess the success in football has changed that a bit. Nevertheless the Hull rugby derby is like the NLD for us. When both teams appeared in the Rugby Cup final 30 years ago nearly 100,000 travelled down from Hull to Wembley.

I don't know what they are going to do about it but I reckon one of them needs to be changed.

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

I've seen the situation from both sides, I was a red member and dreamed of going to a final. But the system was in place then that we have now.

Now in my first year as a season ticket holder I am able to go the final and to be honest, this was the main reason for wanting a season ticket in the first place.

The system is fair IMO, there isn't really any perks for having a season ticket at modern day arsenal. The odd final makes it worth while.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

The Hull rugger league derby is part of the Magic Weekend where all the teams play at the same stadium on one weekend. Even if they were willing to move it to the Sunday it still wouldn't make it remotely convenient to attend both (given kick-off time at Wembley) and would be a hassle to move two fixtures (as tickets are already on sale).

That said, you buy tickets for either day or all 7 games over the weekend so it's not like the stadium will be filled with Hull KR and Hull FC fans.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

northbank123 wrote:The Hull rugger league derby is part of the Magic Weekend where all the teams play at the same stadium on one weekend. Even if they were willing to move it to the Sunday it still wouldn't make it remotely convenient to attend both (given kick-off time at Wembley) and would be a hassle to move two fixtures (as tickets are already on sale).

That said, you buy tickets for either day or all 7 games over the weekend so it's not like the stadium will be filled with Hull KR and Hull FC fans.
true - this magic weekend thing is just a tin pot event but I think it is a bit odd that both games will kick off at exactly the same time. obviously no one can attend both events but I am sure the Hull public would like to at least get the chance to watch 1 of the games on TV. surely the TV companies wouldn't want a clash either?

at the end of the day it is another reason why kicking the FA Cup final off at 5pm is stupid. apparently the last train back to Hull is at 8pm so if it goes to extra time they will miss it.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

With the poor allocation, its also inevitable there will be arsenal fans in the Hull End. I've seen black market prices in their end being significantly less than ours.

Do the FA not think about the consequences of alienating at least 10,000 gooners who may desperately want to go. If the allocation was 30 or 32k at least 75% would get a chance. As things stand with no credits, its a coin flip.

I will pay the money if needs be, but I dont know any of my mates that would do the same.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
northbank123 wrote:The Hull rugger league derby is part of the Magic Weekend where all the teams play at the same stadium on one weekend. Even if they were willing to move it to the Sunday it still wouldn't make it remotely convenient to attend both (given kick-off time at Wembley) and would be a hassle to move two fixtures (as tickets are already on sale).

true - this magic weekend thing is just a tin pot event but I think it is a bit odd that both games will kick off at exactly the same time. obviously no one can attend both events but I am sure the Hull public would like to at least get the chance to watch 1 of the games on TV. surely the TV companies wouldn't want a clash either?

at the end of the day it is another reason why kicking the FA Cup final off at 5pm is stupid. apparently the last train back to Hull is at 8pm so if it goes to extra time they will miss it.
Yeah thinking about it I think the Hull rugby game is the 3rd of 4 fixtures that day, they could feasibly switch it for the previous or following fixture as fans have to buy a ticket for the whole day and all games anyway.

And the 5pm kick-off is shit. Might as well not have bothered putting it on its own day imo. Certainly in my experience of FA Cup finals none of them would have been anywhere near as good at 5pm. But obviously it brings in the viewing figures (and perhaps they get more people into the stadium earlier).

cardinal2011

Post by cardinal2011 »

Well I have no chance of getting a ticket through the club. If I am going to go then I may have to pay through the nose for it. Where were those club Wembley tickets on sale?

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

if you dont have a ticket yet - wait a bit. a shit Arsenal team n Hull should mean a lot of neutral tickets find their way on to the market.

a couple more bad results and you might get them at a decent price - 150/200.

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

I'm not in the country so it doesn't affect me either way but this really is an injustice, I can't believe how many fans are getting shafted.

Isn't the Wembley capacity around 80,000?

Such a paltry ticket allocation: they've killed the atmosphere before it's even begun and robbed thousands of fans from seeing their team lift a trophy - be it Hull or Arsenal.

The FA should be disbanded.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Firstly u can be sure that Wembley only put the 96 scarves out because it wasnt a sell out .
FA Cup finals have always been a ticket touts dream hoovering up the spares from smaller clubs and in Arsenals case XXX XXXXXX selling large wads of tickets to XXXX XXXXXXX !
XXXX was actually spotted with XXXX in the Arsenal Board room by a reporter ,oh how we laughed !

Editted by DB10. Herd, seriously. :lol: We cannot make unproven accusations like that on here, no matter how true they may be. Sorry - have to XX the names out.

arsenalmorris

Post by arsenalmorris »

I dunno if what he is saying is correct with the pricing but these dont seem to bad depending how genuine it turns out to be

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/tix/4421964193.html

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I don't know what all the fuss is about over the allocation.
it is 25,000 for each team every year - City fans moaned last year and Liverpool (they would! :lol: ) the year before that.

it is pathetic from Gazidis to criticise the FA as he is on the FA council!