Cup final tickets

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
blocknineteen

Re: Cup final tickets

Post by blocknineteen »

Hull have confirmed they have the same end for the final as the semi, therefore we will be in the same end...
As for singing sections, I could not care. It's a final ffs and all of us who are guaranteed tickets are regular at away games, so we all sing anyway.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

blocknineteen wrote:Hull have confirmed they have the same end for the final as the semi, therefore we will be in the same end...
As for singing sections, I could not care. It's a final ffs and all of us who are guaranteed tickets are regular at away games, so we all sing anyway.
In theory, yes. But to be guaranteed a ticket for the final you "just" need to be a season ticket holder with 3 or more away credits... And methinks there are many amongst that group who won't sing!

I was well away from the "singing section" for the semi and still made plenty of noise. But for the final...? Think I'd prefer to be amongst people who are likely to be regulars at away games and who realise that making noise and having a laugh are pre-requisites for a day at Wembley.

Gooner_Sam

Post by Gooner_Sam »

Think its worth noting that Hull have received 25,000 tickets as well. That's more than Hull's home gate. Ridiculous really, they couldn't sell their allocation in the semi final so why does that give the FA a platform to print the same amount of tickets? I'd assume that Hull have 15,000 ST holders. We have 40,000. Why is this fair?

blocknineteen

Post by blocknineteen »

MK Gould wrote:
blocknineteen wrote:Hull have confirmed they have the same end for the final as the semi, therefore we will be in the same end...
In theory, yes. But to be guaranteed a ticket for the final you "just" need to be a season ticket holder with 3 or more away credits... And methinks there are many amongst that group who won't sing!

I was well away from the "singing section" for the semi and still made plenty of noise. But for the final...? Think I'd prefer to be amongst people who are likely to be regulars at away games and who realise that making noise and having a laugh are pre-requisites for a day at Wembley.
Not a loaded question, but are you saying red action singing sections are made up of largely away regulars? Most away regulars I know would not go anywhere or have anything to do with red action. Personally, I don't have an issue with them, I just don't agree with singing sections in general, but I do like and are grateful to them when they organise flag and card displays etc. Basically we are saying a large proportion of our fan base do not sing and there are many reasons for this..

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

blocknineteen wrote:
MK Gould wrote:

Not a loaded question, but are you saying red action singing sections are made up of largely away regulars? Most away regulars I know would not go anywhere or have anything to do with red action. Personally, I don't have an issue with them, I just don't agree with singing sections in general, but I do like and are grateful to them when they organise flag and card displays etc. Basically we are saying a large proportion of our fan base do not sing and there are many reasons for this..
:D !

I think I'm just saying that a fair proportion of the 25000 who get tickets for the final will have no intention of standing up, singing, or otherwise enjoying themselves...and so I'd prefer to be in or near a section where people have opted in to those ideals as an essential part of the day out! My last FA Cup Final was v Southampton in Cardiff, and the atmosphere - at least where I was sitting - was shite!

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Gooner_Sam wrote:Think its worth noting that Hull have received 25,000 tickets as well. That's more than Hull's home gate. Ridiculous really, they couldn't sell their allocation in the semi final so why does that give the FA a platform to print the same amount of tickets? I'd assume that Hull have 15,000 ST holders. We have 40,000. Why is this fair?
I agree with you to an extent, but at the same time, us having an extra allocation of 25,000 tickets wouldn't exactly be fair either (even if it's practical). It's a neutral venue, and shouldn't offer an advantage to either side - and of course, that extra allocation would make that redundant.

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

After the best intentions for the semi final, I don't think the specific blocks were any different to all the others on the day - the blocks are huge and the layout is very different to the Emirates - plus the way the game went meant it was just poisonous and tension filled for 120+ minutes - the bloke behind be just kePt shouting 'This is toilet, Arsenal! TOILET!'

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

nut flush gooner wrote:
skizz_b wrote:
elpelsarmy wrote:What end are we being given? been offered a couple of club wembley tickets but want to make sure its our end before I accept! anyone know ?
Club Wembley aren't in either end, it's the equivalent of Club Level. The Arsenal and Hull allocations are for the clubs only, no corporates/club wembley tickets in there.

No idea who you will be sandwiched between (it's the middle tier I think) but take them anyway
Hull have 25k seats which is less than a third of the stadium. Club Wembley will be 75% gooners, 24% corporate tossers claiming to be gooners (but just there for the free food and beer and) 1% Hull City. So you will be pretty unlucky to have hull fans above and below you. I expect the rest of the stadium to be mainly gooners.

The Black Market starts around £400, but i'm not doing anything until the ballot has been sorted by Arsenal. There are gonna be loads of gooners in their end.
Club Wembley circles the ground the same as Club Level at the bowl does, so there is about a 40% chance he will be on the side where Hull fans are (in the tiers above and below)

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

Was in the club level, just above the wigan fans in the first row for the Semi Final.
There were loads of Arsenal around me and the same will be the case for the final.
So doesn't really matter what block you're in.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

The atmosphere around where you are is largely pot luck, really that's even the case at away games among only 3000 people. Best to aim for the Red Action publicised areas if you can.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

I don't really think there is the need for a singing section for the final. Our allocation is much smaller than for the semi and this is the cup final. If you are a gooner and you can't get worked up for this game, I really do wonder what would float your boat!

For the semi, even though there was a designated singing section it was pretty noisy in the upper tier as well.

Ryanswannell

Post by Ryanswannell »

As long as we don't go behind, I don't think the atmosphere will be a problem. Tickets to this game are pretty exclusive, so the vast majority of Arsenal fans in attendance will be the more passionate ones (that's not to say non ST holders like myself aren't passionate). In addition to that, the fixture is on a Saturday evening to plenty of booze will be going around beforehand, which always helps. 8)

Also, this is an F.A Cup final, so if this game doesn't get an Arsenal fan fired up then maybe you need to find another sport :wink: .

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

fao arsenal

please dont push this sale back 24 hours like you always seem to do for big games now

*crosses all available limbs*

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I'm in the queue now. I couldn't get on for ages and now that bloody blue bar is going as slow as Santos after lunch.

Henry is a Gooner

Post by Henry is a Gooner »

Plenty left mate......bagged myself one in Block 130 :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Edit: rapidly turning to yellow.... I reckon there wont be many left for the ballot at this rate :banghead: fucking corporate tossers

Perryashburtongroves wrote:I'm in the queue now. I couldn't get on for ages and now that bloody blue bar is going as slow as Santos after lunch.