Cup final tickets

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gunner_ace

Re: Cup final tickets

Post by gunner_ace »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Daycat wrote:Has anyone bought there ticket through craigslist? Im considering it but wonded what other peoples experiences with it were. Thanks
No, I've said this before and I will say it again, theres a lot of scammers on craigslist.

Never send money electronically, ask for proof of tickets, know the person who you are buying them off ie ring them up and speak to them. Arrange face to face meet, never hand over cash until they pass the tickets over. Doing things this way is a pain, but will result in you not getting scammed.
2nd this. Also if you do decide to go ahead and meet someone from craigslist / gumtree etc, make it somewhere public like Maccy D's or starbucks. Someone I used to work with went to buy an ipad from gumtree, and the meet was at a tower-block. When he arrived with his £100, 3 'yoofs' with knives awaited and quickly parted him with his money. Needless to say no Ipad was exchanged.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

gunner_ace wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Daycat wrote:Has anyone bought there ticket through craigslist? Im considering it but wonded what other peoples experiences with it were. Thanks
No, I've said this before and I will say it again, theres a lot of scammers on craigslist.

Never send money electronically, ask for proof of tickets, know the person who you are buying them off ie ring them up and speak to them. Arrange face to face meet, never hand over cash until they pass the tickets over. Doing things this way is a pain, but will result in you not getting scammed.
2nd this. Also if you do decide to go ahead and meet someone from craigslist / gumtree etc, make it somewhere public like Maccy D's or starbucks. Someone I used to work with went to buy an ipad from gumtree, and the meet was at a tower-block. When he arrived with his £100, 3 'yoofs' with knives awaited and quickly parted him with his money. Needless to say no Ipad was exchanged.
THAT is a rather stoopid thing to do imo. You probably wouldn't walk round a tower block without cash let alone meet someone for a dodgy deal!

leono1

Post by leono1 »

All the 'sellers' on craigslist suddenly lose the ability to email you back when you say you will travel to meet them face to face and dont want to use there 'express courier service' :? Weidrd isntit?

arsenalmorris

Post by arsenalmorris »

nut flush gooner wrote:
arsenalmorris wrote:Managed to get 2 tickets today for £230 (face value), In block 123 which is smack bang on the half way line, I believe this is a neutral section, Not for me tho :barscarf:
Yeah anything on half way would have been neutral, why didn't you take them? I would have snapped them up on behalf of a mate that's looking.
I did get em mate i just meant i wont be being neutral

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Just overheard a conversation where a non-football fan colleague was talking about what he was up to at the weekend and casually said he was going to a football match. Turns out his mate is an Arsenal season ticket holder who got two tickets in the ballot, and didn't have anyone else to go with so asked him!! There is part of me that thinks how sad that his mate didn't know of any other gooner who might have been delighted to go with him... But there is also a part of me that just feels angry and disappointed that the guy would buy two tickets when he only needed one - and thus deprive a real gooner the chance of going.

I remember a similiar thing happening at the CL Final in 2006...with me being the one who missed out...and it was yours truly who gave them a lift to Paris!!!

hut160

Post by hut160 »

MK Gould wrote:Just overheard a conversation where a non-football fan colleague was talking about what he was up to at the weekend and casually said he was going to a football match. Turns out his mate is an Arsenal season ticket holder who got two tickets in the ballot, and didn't have anyone else to go with so asked him!! There is part of me that thinks how sad that his mate didn't know of any other gooner who might have been delighted to go with him... But there is also a part of me that just feels angry and disappointed that the guy would buy two tickets when he only needed one - and thus deprive a real gooner the chance of going.

I remember a similiar thing happening at the CL Final in 2006...with me being the one who missed out...and it was yours truly who gave them a lift to Paris!!!
Hi Mick
that is sickening- there are so many of us that so want to go.
If hes not that bothered can I suggest you offer to take it off him and offer it to someone who does want to go- ie yours truly!! (said with tongue in cheek)
I know thats unlikely ,anyway have a good one one
COYG

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

hut160 wrote:
MK Gould wrote:Just overheard a conversation where a non-football fan colleague was talking about what he was up to at the weekend and casually said he was going to a football match. Turns out his mate is an Arsenal season ticket holder who got two tickets in the ballot, and didn't have anyone else to go with so asked him!! There is part of me that thinks how sad that his mate didn't know of any other gooner who might have been delighted to go with him... But there is also a part of me that just feels angry and disappointed that the guy would buy two tickets when he only needed one - and thus deprive a real gooner the chance of going.

Hi Mick
that is sickening- there are so many of us that so want to go.
If hes not that bothered can I suggest you offer to take it off him and offer it to someone who does want to go- ie yours truly!! (said with tongue in cheek)
I know thats unlikely ,anyway have a good one one
COYG
Piss poor! I was lucky in the ballot.....I have longstanding friends who have been season ticket holders for years and haven't got tickets but were genuinely pleased that I got mine. :cussing: :cussing:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Can't get a ticket so its the next best thing at Chez SteveO.........FA Cup BBQ time !

Dry run for the contract announcement in a couple of weeks

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Herd

Post by Herd »

I got 1 but have given it to son no.2 as son no.3 has his 3rd birthday . Happy Norway day

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

the season ticket holder is bad enough but this guy is the absolute worst - if he is not interested in football then he should never have accepted the offer. He must be a right :censored: . I absolutely despise people like this, they really are not on the same planet as most of us.