Pre Match Wembley Beer

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LaughingGooner

Pre Match Wembley Beer

Post by LaughingGooner »

Thought it would be good to get everyones thoughts on how the pre match beer went on Saturday.
It will help everyone in their plans for the Final.

I spent a bit of time in the Globe early on Sat.
But took an age to get a beer, staff unhelpful and we retreated to the Marylebone Bar and Grill.
More comfort there, a good crowd, but a bit too corporate for my liking.

We then got the train from Marylebone. Great atmosphere on the train and a quick journey.

Gunner Rob

Re: Pre Match Wembley Beer

Post by Gunner Rob »

Arrived fairly late to the Globe. By that time 2pm? it was already rocking.
Great atmosphere outside with loads of singing. The tourist buses seemed to think we were a tourist attraction :lol:

then piled onto a packed tube train at Baker Street. Again a great atmosphere on board. In need of another beer to make it up Wembley way, a quick stopping off point was the Premier Inn car park where a big outside bar had been set up.

joined the by now huge crowd up Wembley way and into my part of the stadium around block 530. again more singing pre match. only trouble was I had sobered up by the end due to the match being so shit :D

North-Bank-1987

Post by North-Bank-1987 »

Got to the Globe about 1:30. Had a great time.

Did anyone see the real life BFG? :lol: After a few beers and a bit of singing, I thought time to get the big :censored: German chant going, so I gave it some from the bottom of my lungs and everyone turned around and started pointing at this 7ft fella well over to the left of the crowd outside the pub. I thought WTF, then 'German give us a song' started ringing round :lol: and I soon got the gist of what was going on when, in a perfect German accent the fella shouted 'Gimmie an A....' :lol:

I went with my Bro who got a ticket last minute so was very pleased to learn I wouldn't be going on my own, we got talking to 2 lads just as we were leaving the globe so headed down on tube with them. A good train down with lots of songs, all in all a very funny and good 'pre match experience'. :barscarf:

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Green man was quality. Lots of old faces and it was more like a festival than a pre game boozer.

Best pre drink i have had in a very long time

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

mikeyb772001 wrote:Green man was quality. Lots of old faces and it was more like a festival than a pre game boozer.

Best pre drink i have had in a very long time
Did it take long to get served there??
We did consider going there, but feared it would be too rammed and had to wait ages to get a beer.

bang goes the 0-0 draw

Post by bang goes the 0-0 draw »

Got to Baker Street around 1 and Globe was looking pretty rammed so went to the Volunteer which was only down the road. Pretty good in there and wasn't too crowded. Would probably go back fro the final :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

bang goes the 0-0 draw wrote:Got to Baker Street around 1 and Globe was looking pretty rammed so went to the Volunteer which was only down the road. Pretty good in there and wasn't too crowded. Would probably go back fro the final :barscarf:
That's a bit like saying walked into the lower tier of the emirates didnt like it so went upstairs to club level!

We got a fry up in the volunteer which was very good then went to the globe which was rocking.

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

I'm going green man.

Or should I just wear red? Decisions decisions :rubchin:

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

The pubs I went in were complete shite in terms of beer but the atmosphere was very good in pretty much all of them.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

the atmosphere must have been better in the pubs than the ground, such a shame it gets killed with nerves so quickly.