BBC, nobody fucking cares about womens footy

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
spendsum4uckingmoney

BBC, nobody fucking cares about womens footy

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

Ok a slight peeve but am I the only one who is fed up of the tireless promotion of female football? I don't care about gender which is why I care about womens football being pushed to annoying levels, when most people don't care. The reason I and 99% of football fans (male or female) don't care is because the footy itself isn't conference football level. Its a clumsy and awkward experience, with clowns for goalkeepers. Now what brings me to make this topic?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/

I scroll down and there's Feature and Analysis with 'Losing the England Captaincy was Devestating'

Who is this? David Beckham? John Terry? No it's Arsenal womens footballer Casey Stoney. Again: NOBODY FUCKING CARES, BBC.

I wish no illwill to women and football but promoting womens football just because they are women, irrespective of the talent in relation to mens football, is patronizing.

Oh and yes womens football is crap. Even the Swedish national team got beat by a bunch of kids who started with 10 men, and Sweden is meant to be best in the world.

http://www.thelocal.se/20130116/45646

VoiceOfReason

Re: BBC, nobody fucking cares about womens footy

Post by VoiceOfReason »

I fully agree, and have felt the exact same way when browsing their home page the past month.

But it's classic BBC - everyone has to be equal, and 'minority groups' get preferential treatment as they're too scared to been seen to be excluding them. Positive discrimination, and all that.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Our youth team battered Bristol Academy ladies two pre-seasons running. The standard is crap, granted the technical levels are higher than the physical levels but even then I find it ludicrous having actually watched women's football when I see people claiming how good they are technically. Watch a WSL game and some of the women can't even put their foot through the ball properly.

spendsum4uckingmoney

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

VoiceOfReason wrote:I fully agree, and have felt the exact same way when browsing their home page the past month.

But it's classic BBC - everyone has to be equal, and 'minority groups' get preferential treatment as they're too scared to been seen to be excluding them. Positive discrimination, and all that.
I cant stand leftists & there double standards. Womens football promotion is really just a form of chivalry & female worship.

rodders999

Re: BBC, nobody fcking cares about womens footy

Post by rodders999 »

Women are great, women's football is naff 8)

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

I like women :barscarf:

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Don't let that lunatic Maria find this thread :lol:

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has taken solace over these last 9 years that at least we had a decent Ladies team... :shock: ?

As for the BBC, think their promotion of the womens game has more to do with it being one of the few sports they can bid for the television rights without facing stiff competition from Sky or BT!

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

i like watching womens football. there was a match streaming on the internet not long ago, well I must have missed the actual match but the camera was in the changing room at full time and some of the ladies were having their showers and stuff. to be honest it seemed a bit invasive, it got quite dirty by the end of it..

armchair

Post by armchair »

armchair

Post by armchair »

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

Aye they do seem ridiculously keen on shoving womens football on the website all the time, been pissing me off for ages that

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Saw a programme last Sunday that followed an air ambulance for the day, TWO of the call outs were to womens football matches, one woman was described by her team mates as "ard as nails" and the narrator commented that womens football was every bit as physical as mens :roll:

Anyhow this woman would scream even if they tried to move her gently onto the stretcher, they managed it after loads of pain killers and airlifted her to hospital, she was out a couple of hours later with no injuries and they suspected that maybe it was concussion :roll: :lol:

The other woman was a goalkeeper and had collided with a forward, again airlifted to hospital and again out in a couple of hours, nothing wrong with her and was playing the next weekend.

At that rate if as many women start playing football on a sunday morning as men then they will need a couple of thousand helicopters to keep up :roll: :lol:

Oh, and they all toe punt the ball :? :wink: :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Women's football? Next they'll be trying to father children.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

VoiceOfReason wrote:I fully agree, and have felt the exact same way when browsing their home page the past month.

To be fair, half the population are women so yeah, the BBC does have to be equal. :lol:

As for Women's football, it's shit.