[POLL] Should we have bought back Cesc Fabregas?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Would you buy Cesc Fabregas this summer?

YES
68%
NO
22%
MAYBE
10%

Total votes: 145

clockender1

[POLL] Should we have bought back Cesc Fabregas?

Post by clockender1 »

85% of Barca fans would take an offer for Cesc .

Why ? Too lightweight and doesn't score enough goals perhaps ?

As much as I liked him, I don't see him in this team unless its a replacement out wide for rosicky.

Ozil n Caz already have the false #10 slot.

We need quality alongside Ramsay more than anything.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QuartzGooner:

Have split some posts off from the transfer thread to make a Cesc thread and poll, am interested to know whether people want Cesc to return.

Cesc Fabregas is possibly up for sale by Barcelona, having been booed by fans.
Whether he wants to leave is not known, and though he has been played in a variety of positions it could well be that he gets a more settled role once Xavi retires.

But if he is up for sale this summer, which is moot because there might be a FIFA transfer ban on Barcelona, would you take him back?
Or do we have too many similar players and other priorities?
Maybe a swap involving Cazolra or Arteta or Monreal?

gp543

Re: Groundhog transfer deadline day thread

Post by gp543 »

How does a swap deal against a buyback clause work?

I have been toying around with us offering Jack to Barca for Cesc all day.

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

clockender1 wrote:85% of Barca fans would take an offer for Cesc .

Why ? Too lightweight and doesn't score enough goals perhaps ?

As much as I liked him, I don't see him in this team unless its a replacement out wide for rosicky.

Ozil n Caz already have the false #10 slot.

We need quality alongside Ramsay more than anything.
Well considering Iniesta is even more lightweight and scores significantly less goals ( he's only scored 49 goals in the past 10 years for Barca, Fabregas has scored 47 in just three years) I doubt those are the reasons why.

Fabregas just doesn't fit in that side - it's not the dream homecoming Barca/he envisioned. It's as if he doesn't have an indentity/role to play unlike Xavi and co. He just seems lost and he's also declining physically thanks in large part to Wenger overplaying him during his time, here.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I'd rather have Cesc than Cazorla any day of the week. Cesc fights, plays his heart out. Cazorla fancies giving it a go once every 8 or 9 games, a luxury we can ill afford. Swap Cazorla for Cesc?? :barscarf: :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Barcelona probably still owe us half of the money for him anyway such is the genius of Gazidis and his team of negotiators

Post by 1989 »

Cesc doesn't fit in at Barcelona and won't fit in here either. Have a feeling he's past it. Looks shot physically.

For all their love of nicking players off us, the cuntalans haven't really got value for their money have they. Overmars, Hleb, Petit, Henry, Song and now Cesc have all failed to live up to expectations after joining them.

augie

Post by augie »

1989 wrote:Cesc doesn't fit in at Barcelona and won't fit in here either. Have a feeling he's past it. Looks shot physically.

For all their love of nicking players off us, the cuntalans haven't really got value for their money have they. Overmars, Hleb, Petit, Henry, Song and now Cesc have all failed to live up to expectations after joining them.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The joke thread is on the cannonball section buddy :lol:

markyp

Post by markyp »

id take Cesc in a heart beat,as for him being finished ffs, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

1989 wrote:Cesc doesn't fit in at Barcelona and won't fit in here either. Have a feeling he's past it. Looks shot physically.
1989 you never fail to amaze me :roll: :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
I think he's still holding out hope that the beast Fellaini who is "just what we need" will be announced as our new midfield dynamo

Post by 1989 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Or amuse you? :barscarf:

Post by 1989 »

QuartzGooner wrote:Cesc back?

Go for it!
Where would he play? Özil and Rambo occupy his positions. Love Cesc but he's made his bed and took a pay cut to do so. We've moved on. He's been replaced and if anything he's the last sort of player we currently need. We need a powerful DM and a striker, not another tippy tappy playmaker.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

1989 wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:Cesc back?

Go for it!
Where would he play? Özil and Rambo occupy his positions. Love Cesc but he's made his bed and took a pay cut to do so. We've moved on. He's been replaced and if anything he's the last sort of player we currently need. We need a powerful DM and a striker, not another tippy tappy playmaker.
Yes, they do occupy his positions.

But we need a strong squad, not just a strong team.

I think in our current formation Cesc could line up next to Ramsey or Flamini.

I also agree, priorities should be striker and tough tackling midfielder but if we could bring in Cesc it would not be a bad start to the summer.

Any number of players could leave or join but just considering Cesc joining the players available from our current squad, how about this revised 4-4-1-1 formation?

------- ------------------Walcott--------------

--------------------------Ozil-------------

Podolski--------Ramsey-------Cesc----------The Ox

Gibbs ------Koscielny-----Mertesacker----------Sagna

-----------------------Szczesney----------------------

Subs from: Monreal, Vermaelen, Flamini, Rosicky, Cazorla, Giroud, Wilshere, Arteta, Gnabry, Zelelem, Sanogo, Akpom, Afobe, Aneke, Jenkinson, Eisfeld etc

Herd

Post by Herd »

Yes lets buy another small midfielder and completely ignore the fact we need at least 1 world class striker ,a decent goalkeeper ,a decent striker and a defensive midfielder that isnt over 30 !

Abiove all we need a Captain with a brain !

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Herd wrote:Yes lets buy another small midfielder and completely ignore the fact we need at least 1 world class striker ,a decent goalkeeper ,a decent striker and a defensive midfielder that isnt over 30 !

Abiove all we need a Captain with a brain !
Cannot see anyone ignoring the need for a striker or other players?

Just people acknowledging that Cesc was good for us, is probably available and might be again.