FA Cup Final - Arsenal vs Hull

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BFG4

Re: FA Cup Final - Arsenal vs Hull

Post by BFG4 »

LDB wrote:Just watching the match back now, I never realised that for the Hull second goal you can take a free kick from wherever you like on the pitch :shock:

Lee Probert really is a useless sack of shit. Games like this give them to Clattenburg or Webb, the rest are a bunch of clowns.
Still buzzing after that match, so happy we are finally winners again, but everyone from the media has ignored the refereeing performance, it was shocking. 3 obvious penalty decisions that he bottled, and a free kick moved eight yards up from the spot the foul occurred. Speaking of the media, Adrian Durham, and all the other biased pricks from yesterday, go fuck yourselves, you bitter bastards. COYG

augie

Post by augie »

It was so funny looking at the players up on the stage over the armoury.......they looked pissed as hell, especially mertesacker who looked absolutely twisted :lol: :lol: God knows what they will make of that back in motherland germany :lol: :lol: :lol:

LizLeGooner

Post by LizLeGooner »

:D :D :D :D :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

SO HAPPY!

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Riotof91 wrote:Just got home, my feet are killing me. Saw the bus on route to town hall & then again leaving town hall. Police were locking it off & not allowing us to go up to town hall or the stadium. Guess the numbers were higher than expected and they couldn't handle it. What a shame. On the plus side tho there were SO many fit birds out :mrgreen:
With the new stadium and parade now ending at the armoury, that is the place to be imo. Islington town hall is too small and on a main road so not ideal. The armoury is on a square which comfortably took 35,000 plus today in that part of the parade alone. I heard that there was in excess of 200,000 lining the route, funny how the chavs and city never get anywhere near this amount, even when Chelski wins the CL!

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

T.S wrote:Just re-watched the whole match. The BT Sport coverage was completely ruined by Neil fucking Warnock. Jesus, what is the point of having someone offer opinions who is so obviously anti-Arsenal? Every word out of his mouth was spiteful. He kept going on and on and on and on about, "it's funny how all the decisions go against you when you're the underdog!" Completely ignoring the fact that we should have had at least one (I think two) penalties.

Twat.
Said it elsewhere on the forum but Warnock was unbelievable yesterday ... At times it is no exaggeration to say he was about to utter the "foreign diving " quote. He was so biased the two managers were Steve and Wenger with the latter often said in venom.
Probert was beyond useless, we had three of the clearest penalties decisions not given .Hull were niggly throughout , and he failed to deal with it early. Hull's second goal was wrong (a) because the free was nowhere near where the foul occurred and (b) Sagna had to be fouled on the first ball.
We got a break on the corner call for the second goal, but that was the only one went our way.

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Bradywasking wrote:
T.S wrote:Just re-watched the whole match. The BT Sport coverage was completely ruined by Neil fucking Warnock. Jesus, what is the point of having someone offer opinions who is so obviously anti-Arsenal? Every word out of his mouth was spiteful. He kept going on and on and on and on about, "it's funny how all the decisions go against you when you're the underdog!" Completely ignoring the fact that we should have had at least one (I think two) penalties.

Twat.
Said it elsewhere on the forum but Warnock was unbelievable yesterday ... At times it is no exaggeration to say he was about to utter the "foreign diving " quote. He was so biased the two managers were Steve and Wenger with the latter often said in venom.
Probert was beyond useless, we had three of the clearest penalties decisions not given .Hull were niggly throughout , and he failed to deal with it early. Hull's second goal was wrong (a) because the free was nowhere near where the foul occurred and (b) Sagna had to be fouled on the first ball.
We got a break on the corner call for the second goal, but that was the only one went our way.
Agreed. What really fucked me off was Warnock criticising us for scoring from the corner which shouldn't have been awarded. It's not our fucking fault the referee made the mistake! He should've been venting his anger towards the ref, but instead took it out on Arsenal, as if we were to blame for cheating somehow. I can appreciate the desire for a TV station to back the underdog on a day like yesterday, but it got way out of hand. Warnock is indeed a total *word censored*, and I never had an issue with him beforehand.

He was so bad that I was actually pleased to hear Michael Owen's voice instead. Just let that sink in for a second.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I know - I cannot think of two more hateful (overrated) *word censored* for pundits - owen is as thick - I mean really Stupid unintelligent - dumb as shit - and warnock what an utter cock - bitter and twisted - how they ever thought owen would make a good pundit - as much as I loathe the likes of keane and neville at least they make intelligent, constructive observations...the former are both utter *word censored*.

:evil: :box: :censored: :cussing:

ps; the ref was shyte and totally bottled it.

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

Winning the FA cup is still so special, hope everyone enjoyed there day.
:barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

well it looks like DB10 did! :lol: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

OneBardGooner wrote:Image

well it looks like DB10 did! :lol: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
I think I'll call him mini me :D

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

What a fucking day, just wow :barscarf:

spendsum4uckingmoney

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

My ratings:

Flappy: 5
Gibbs: 7.5
Sagna 6.5
Kosch 7.0
Merty: 4.5

Cazorla: 8
Ramsey: 7
Ozil: 6
Arteta: 5.5
Podolski: 5.5

Giroud: 4

Sanogo: 8
Wilshere and Ros: 7

Postman

Post by Postman »

augie wrote:It was so funny looking at the players up on the stage over the armoury.......they looked pissed as hell, especially mertesacker who looked absolutely twisted :lol: :lol: God knows what they will make of that back in motherland germany :lol: :lol: :lol:
Always thought Germany was the Fatherland 8)

augie

Post by augie »

spendsum4uckingmoney wrote:My ratings:

Flappy: 5
Gibbs: 7.5
Sagna 6.5
Kosch 7.0
Merty: 4.5

Ramsey: 7
Ozil: 6
Arteta: 5.5
Podolski: 5.5

Giroud: 4

Sanogo: 8
Wilshere and Ros: 7

I think you need to get down to specsavers lively :lol:

Flappy: 6

Gibbs: 6.5
Sagna 6.5
Kosch 7.0
Merty: 6.5

Ramsey: 5.5
Ozil: 5.5
Arteta: 6.5
Podolski: 6

Giroud: 5.5

Sanogo: 6

Rosicky and jack did well when they came on imo but they weren't on long enough to be rated

spendsum4uckingmoney

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

Giroud was awful. His fist touch was nonexistent and he didn't defend the corner(cross?) very well. Mertesacker went to sleep on the rebound and slip nearly gave Hull the equalizer. Sanogo did everything Giroud did but much better and would have scored if that Hull defender didnt handball his header.

Other than that our scores are in the same ball park.