FA Cup Final - Arsenal vs Hull

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: FA Cup Final - Arsenal vs Hull

Post by nut flush gooner »

Gilles Grimandi wrote:
Dr Hull wrote: Not that many gooners in the City end. A few went from a block down when you equalised. I hope that my club will find the source of these tickets and ban the original buyers.
I bought a ticket from a tout that was in the Hull end, lower tier. 8)
Trust me, there was a huge amount of Arsenal who got tickets in the Hull end.

So, Dr Hull, a question for you, did your box office actually take note of what tickets were sold to which members? I've heard that it was a shambles and you were just giving them out with no records, and people queing up twice etc.

If I though they could trace it I would send it off to Wembley just to see what happens.

GG
You see thats the problem, if there are multiple purchases then they probably aren't traceable. What surprised me was how many hull fans where in the soo called neutral areas in the lower tier by the half way line.

Given club wembley holds around 17,000 that's leaves 72,000 ish seats in the upper and lower tier, for which it was pretty evenly split between both sets of fans maybe just in arsenals favour. I wonder if the official allocations where actually more than the 25,000 originally stated because there wasn't anywhere in the lower or upper tier where you could see a mix between red/black and amber.

So what was it like in the hull end then, did they not take kindly to any goal celebrations ? To be fair to hull, we had a beer with them in the Globe and there was no animosity whatsoever. There's a few snide comments on their websites about our support being shit, which wasn't true we where unwavering even when it was 2-0. I hardly heard a squeak out of them at the globe when they realised we'd taken over. Same on the tubes.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Didn't Hear a squeak out of them anywhere around Wembley and not even any banter thay I encountered.

As I said I was in block 123, basically on halfway lower tier and it was not just full of Arsenal fans, it was signposted everywhere as Arsenal. Strange as surely if there were 20k+ 'neutral' non Club Wembley tickets this blocks would have been one you'd have thought?

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Thought they were very quiet...didn't even appear to speak to each other!

In the ground I think it was clear that most if not all of the seats in the middle tier were Arsenal - all the way around the ground. But I think that we had an extra block or two on the upper and lower around the half way line i.e. it didn't appear to be an even split. I'd agree that there didn't appear to be any mixed areas, but my take on that would be that any neutral tickets ended up being grabbed by gooners?

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

for all the boasting about their great support and how they followed their team from the crappy boothferry to wembley, there was a pretty muted vocal support from them. but then again they will get an awful lot of daytrippers who never go to the kc in their end.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:for all the boasting about their great support and how they followed their team from the crappy boothferry to wembley, there was a pretty muted vocal support from them. but then again they will get an awful lot of daytrippers who never go to the kc in their end.
I think that was about right. I go to MK Dons probably a couple of times a season and you kind of know that while the fans enjoy them winning, they won't lose any sleep should they lose. So for Hull it was a nice day out for all the family. But most of them - despite buying the shirt - didn't really look or sound like football fans.

nut flush gooner

http://www.hullcityindependent.net/?pag ... d_id=18783

Taken from this thread.

"London?

Original Arsenal fans, nah, 'white flight' has seen most of them move out, however having said that most of their complexions look like they either need a good wash,or they're newbies"

"True. I saw at least14 Snoop Dogalikes
I took my wife and son. We stayed two nights in Kingsbury. He said that if I'd blindfolded him he'd struggle to work out where I'd flown him to. LOL"

So its ok for them to have a beer and a curry after the game, also ok for them to have black players but not any black fans. Thank god Arsenal embrace all areas of society in London, and I wonder why they havent got any black fans with attitudes like that.

I was originally interested to hear what happened to gooners in their end but these two posts kind of summed them up!

Wankers, typical ignoramouses.

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

Walking to the green man to meet my mate I heard a hull fan say, "oh look, another gooner with a beard. Fookin hipsters"

Which made me laugh as EVERY hull fan I saw was a fat, boot cut jean wearing wet look gel typical northerner!

We have a diverse fanbase which covers all races, cultures and backgrounds. I love that!

I was literally crying with laughter at all the fat hull fans who had taken over a McDonald's and were singing their one song eating burgers like they were going out of fashion.

Lovely people mind you :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

BournemouthRED wrote:Walking to the green man to meet my mate I heard a hull fan say, "oh look, another gooner with a beard. Fookin hipsters"

Which made me laugh as EVERY hull fan I saw was a fat, boot cut jean wearing wet look gel typical northerner!

We have a diverse fanbase which covers all races, cultures and backgrounds. I love that!

I was literally crying with laughter at all the fat hull fans who had taken over a McDonald's and were singing their one song eating burgers like they were going out of fashion.

You presumably wouldn't have seen BT Sport's coverage on their supporters coach. A more 'special' looking group of people I haven't seen since last time I went to Stoke !

nut flush gooner

BournemouthRED wrote:Walking to the green man to meet my mate I heard a hull fan say, "oh look, another gooner with a beard. Fookin hipsters"

So they didn't go for the low fat option then ? :rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

i liked their Tee shirts in 1989 mind - when the "Manchester, North of England" shirts were everywhere, they had "Hull, North of Manchester" shirts as a pop at the "Born in the North, Live in the North, Die in the North" meme that the mancs were promoting. LOL.

topgoon

Re: FA Cup Final - Arsenal vs Hullabaloo

Post by topgoon »

I read quite a bit of that forum for levity,just to see that they weren't all the stereotypical northern chip on their shoulder,nice line in prejudice tossers. Sadly they disappointed,they are exactly that.

Where the hell is Londonistan?

Apparently they are all proper fans yet, their stadium rarely fills out and they had more at Wembley than their entire stadium.

Apparently they made lots of noise and we were quiet till Rambo scored. Didn't look like it on the tv but you lot that went can correct me. Apparently they beat up gooners in their end, typical really,they are the big man when there's safety in numbers.

I've got no feelings to their club good or bad. Their ex-manager will always be a lying piece of filth. Their current manager I've actually quite liked. His teams are relatively well organised and play to their strengths but unlike the baseball cap wearing midget and the fat walrus in the east end,he's not afraid to mix it up.

He never moans about it like the fat walrus but if he wasn't some tubby English bloke he would have gotten a job at a decent mid table team with some cash. Sunderland were better under him.

I wish Brucie luck in Europe and staying up next season,because unlike most ex-manure he's not a tw*t. As far as Hull fans are concerned enjoy life in your narrow minded little back water. Here's a bit of irony(look it up in a dictionary if you know what that is) your owner is more Londonistan than the average Gooner . I hear he's raised your season ticket prices 30%, oh dear. Especially with the Tories capping benefits,I reckon life just got a tad harder in Umberside.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:

You presumably wouldn't have seen BT Sport's coverage on their supporters coach. A more 'special' looking group of people I haven't seen since last time I went to Stoke !
That was one fucking scary bus! :shock:

The slack jaws... the crossed eyes... :rubchin:

And I counted at least, oh... everyfuckingone with 6 toes on each hand. Brother/sister love and indeed marriage seems to be pretty popular amongst their fans... :|

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:http://www.hullcityindependent.net/?pag ... d_id=18783

Taken from this thread.

"London?

Original Arsenal fans, nah, 'white flight' has seen most of them move out, however having said that most of their complexions look like they either need a good wash,or they're newbies"

I took my wife and son. We stayed two nights in Kingsbury. He said that if I'd blindfolded him he'd struggle to work out where I'd flown him to. LOL"

So its ok for them to have a beer and a curry after the game, also ok for them to have black players but not any black fans. Thank god Arsenal embrace all areas of society in London, and I wonder why they havent got any black fans with attitudes like that.

I was originally interested to hear what happened to gooners in their end but these two posts kind of summed them up!

Absolute inbred racist dullards. :oops: :roll:

Even more embarrassing is all the bullshit wannabe holligan piss about sorting out Gooners in their end. One of their inbred number was apparently and I quote, "old school". Oh, dear Lord... :oops: :oops:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

TG whilst I agree Bruce isn't as unpalatable as other ex-United players, I think he is a bang average manager. Reaching the FA Cup final is still an achievement but the only PL team they played to get there were Sunderland who were awful at that point. At Sunderland he spent a relative fortune and didn't really justify it on the pitch.

Also the first thing I noticed when the teams came out is what a proper fat bastard he is. Even from the other side of the pitch, hell of a gut on the bloke.

LizLeGooner

Post by LizLeGooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:http://www.hullcityindependent.net/?pag ... d_id=18783

Taken from this thread.

"London?

Shame. I thought they were a decent bunch.
I guess my complexion is too snoopdog-like to get the abuse to my face. Might "bust a cap" in their ass :lol:

I hope they choke on their chips and curry sauce 8)