The Summer 2014 TRANSFER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: The only 2 hours to go to save our season TRANSFER THREA

Post by OneBardGooner »

VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:
1989 wrote:Good signing IMO. English international, works his socks off, and will improve his finishing with us. Plus it has pissed Utd fans off. Can't wait till he scores against them at Old Shatford.
This.

A solid signing if not spectacular.

United fans are shitting it; I too, reckon he'll start scoring surrounded by our midfield talent and they'll be left with egg on their face. Happy enough with this given the dire circumstances, but we need a CB and DM NOW!!
I sincerely hope you are right VAVA

And totally agree on the last bit

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

silus wrote:
in my heart wrote:I'm happy with Wellbeck, pace, great first touch, hungry and something to prove.
Mate his first touch is awful. I watched a manc game other day as had a horrible feeling we'd be in for him. His first touch is shit, his passing and vision is shit, and his finishing is worse than shit.
He has pace but other than that I fail to see how he improves the team. Not going to look it up but has he ever got into double figures in a season?
Are you saying he's the English Sanogo?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Dan_85 wrote:Danny fucking Welbeck. Jesus Christ, I wanna slit my wrists.
£16m for the one goal in ten man - the worst fucking signing since Silvestre and a criminal waste of the money the fans give to the club

Absolutely disgusted - a panic buy to rival Santos and Park - just even more expensive

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I wonder if Manure are going to do to us what Chelsea did last year with Ba. :shock:

It wouldn't surprise me!

Although sky are now reporting that a deal in principal has been reached.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

SPUDMASHER wrote:I wonder if Manure are going to do to us what Chelsea did last year with Ba. :shock:

It wouldn't surprise me!
Mate, if we offered £16m they will fucking drop him off at the door.

£16m for Danny Welbeck. I just read that again out loud and it hurts more with every reading

silus

Post by silus »

Can't believe people are happy with Welbeck. My main memory of him is slagging him off during England games to anyone that would listen (Admittedly not many people ).
I'll give him a chance but don't think he's what we need.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Host Gator > Sanogo

Post by 1989 »

silus wrote:
in my heart wrote:I'm happy with Wellbeck, pace, great first touch, hungry and something to prove.
Mate his first touch is awful. I watched a manc game other day as had a horrible feeling we'd be in for him. His first touch is shit, his passing and vision is shit, and his finishing is worse than shit.
He has pace but other than that I fail to see how he improves the team. Not going to look it up but has he ever got into double figures in a season?
Sturridge was "shit" at Chelsea, look how good he became at the mousers.

I forsee a similar trajectory with Welbz.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

MutleyGooner wrote:Let's give the lad a chance, after all his dad Stan served in the Bomb disposal squad 8)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

Chippy wrote:
MutleyGooner wrote:Let's give the lad a chance, after all his dad Stan served in the Bomb disposal squad 8)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Glad someone got it :)

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

So who is going to be our 3rd/4th choice CB? Let me guess - Monreal.... :banghead:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

1989 wrote:
silus wrote:
Sturridge was "shit" at Chelsea, look how good he became at the mousers.

I forsee a similar trajectory with Welbz.
If you call him Welbz one more time I'm giving you an 8 hour ban. :twisted:

Brady's left peg

Post by Brady's left peg »

silus wrote:
After having a quick check.... in a team managed by Moyes don't forget, never exactly going to be attack minded.
Appearances 15 (10) 9 Goals 1 assist, shots per game 1.6, 87.4% pass success rate. Not brilliant but a bit better than I thought they would be.

And he just got into double figures 2011/2012 he got 11 :oops:
Last edited by Brady's left peg on Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Why did Wenger extend his contract. I finally expected big things. Chelsea got Costa United got Falcao and we get the failure Welbeck. He is shit really shit