The Summer 2014 TRANSFER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
piresistible

Re: The only 2 hours to go to save our season TRANSFER THREA

Post by piresistible »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Dan_85 wrote:Danny fucking Welbeck. Jesus Christ, I wanna slit my wrists.
£16m for the one goal in ten man - the worst fucking signing since Silvestre and a criminal waste of the money the fans give to the club

Absolutely disgusted - a panic buy to rival Santos and Park - just even more expensive
not sure about your maths – last season 10 from 36 for United, and 8 from 26 for England, usually playing out of position for both.
CentreTransfer: Falcao – £350k per week
Rooney – £300k per week
Di Maria – £250k per week
Van Persie – £220k per week

£1.12m per week for 4 players.

Explain how do we compete with that?

silus

Post by silus »

Kallstrom29 wrote:
silus wrote:
in my heart wrote:I'm happy with Wellbeck, pace, great first touch, hungry and something to prove.
Mate his first touch is awful. I watched a manc game other day as had a horrible feeling we'd be in for him. His first touch is shit, his passing and vision is shit, and his finishing is worse than shit.
He has pace but other than that I fail to see how he improves the team. Not going to look it up but has he ever got into double figures in a season?
Err...he replaces Sanogo up front. Good deal. Although same price as balotelli I know who I would rather have...
Just because he replaces Sanogo doesn't mean it's a good deal. Much better strikers have moved clubs this summer and we have settled for a average yet again.
When sky went to the Grove and said we wasn't signing welbeck it's the first time I've ever seen fans cheering a non signing!! The reporter even had to move inside as it's such an unpopular signing.
I honestly hope I'm wrong and will happily eat my words if the kid makes it...but I wouldn't bet on it.

Big Sac

Re: The oh f**k why TRANSFER THREAD

Post by Big Sac »

Has anybody else wondered what Host Gator would look like in thigh length boots.....

:oops:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

falcao was 12m for a loan. if he got injured with his acl we'd be buggered.

had we got cavani or costa then falcao was worth a punt, but recovering from an ACL he had in January ? - he's only just fit.

lets hope welbeck bags a few and falcao does nothing and ups the pressure on Van Gaal

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Fair to say that he is far from the marquee signing that we all wanted but he is a current international and likely to be a marked improvement on the postman.

We should at least give him a chance before we hang him out to dry. Manure fans know him better than us and they're gutted about him going. Maybe a move will be good for him and for us.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Monreal at CB away to the chavs, victims, city etc. Enough to give a man the shits :cussing:

piresistible

Post by piresistible »

Brady's left peg wrote:
defleppardisking wrote:The thought of Falco playing in united team just makes me pissed and sad. How we can do with a striker like him and not Giroud, Sonogoal and now Welbeck. :banghead: :(
If 53 yr old ex spud Mark Falco turned out for Manure I would be pissing myself laughing and deffo not sad..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
WTF dont people get with faclo? He's not dropping his salary by a penny and you think we can afford to pay that kind of wonga? United have gone flippin desperate and have enough cash reserve to pay for that...mark my words it is a massive gamble.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

please let the deal fall through. yet another just enough signing and way overpriced as hes average

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

piresistible wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Dan_85 wrote:Danny fucking Welbeck. Jesus Christ, I wanna slit my wrists.
£16m for the one goal in ten man - the worst fucking signing since Silvestre and a criminal waste of the money the fans give to the club

Absolutely disgusted - a panic buy to rival Santos and Park - just even more expensive
not sure about your maths – last season 10 from 36 for United, and 8 from 26 for England, usually playing out of position for both.
CentreTransfer: Falcao – £350k per week
Rooney – £300k per week
Di Maria – £250k per week
Van Persie – £220k per week

£1.12m per week for 4 players.

Explain how do we compete with that?
Simple............ we can't

Post by 1989 »

Can we sign Natalie as well please? Bang tidy.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

T.S wrote:One Host Gator! There's only one Host Gator!

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
That's the spirit.....

ONE DANNY WELBECK.....THERE'S ONLY ONE DANNY WELBECK

An absolute snip at £16m....same price as Ballotelli. Bet the Mousers are gutted they signed a piece of shit like that when they could have had proven goal machine class in Welbeck

As for 1989's comments - Sturridge was nowhere near shit at Chelsea - he couldn't get into a title winning side that had players like Drogba at the top of his game. Welbeck could barely get a kick when agent Moyes was turning Utd into Chumps and barely gets a kick for an Ingerlund side at their lowest UEFA ranking in more than 20 years. Get a grip - he's fucking shite.....and for £16m expensive shite.

Post by 1989 »

Post by 1989 »

double post
Last edited by 1989 on Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

1989 wrote:Can we sign Natalie as well please? Bang tidy.
You don't half talk like tit.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I'm going to try and time my ejaculation to the bongs of Big Ben 8)