The Summer 2014 TRANSFER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: 11pm Monday 1st September TRANSFER THREAD

Post by SteveO 35 »

ONE ARSENE WENGER......THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Hope he's having a lovely day in Italy whilst our highly trained negotiating team are busy signing the world's best players in the next eight and a bit hours

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:You know what? I actually have just this second started to believe Arsene is going to make us all eat our words and sign an absolute top class striker today. :shock:

I have no idea what I'm basing this dillusional belief on tbh, but I just can't believe that even stuborn ego-maniacal Arsene cannot see that we need a top striker more than Rolf Harris now needs lube. :?

He has to see that. Right? I mean, it is THAT obvious, right? :rubchin:

Right, guys? Right...? :|

Help me.

I know I'm stupid and I know I'll be distraught come midnight, but, like you (if you're serious), there's a little warm light in my soul that's telling me it will all be alright.
I dunno, Joe... I just really struggle to believe even Arsene can be this stubborn and naiive and plain stupid... I mean, he MUST have someone lined up. How could he have looked at Sonogoals and thought, "He'll do... no need to sign a striker". It's just mental if he did. :|

Steviegooner

Re: The Rodders sucking Nat's Baps TRANSFER THREAD

Post by Steviegooner »

Carvalho has said he is staying at Porto and arsenal have ruled out Defoe thank god.... This is a load of old shit. I come back from Nassau last Saturday and bumped into gallas on same flight and had a good chat about football with him in the lounge. Seems that it is wenger is holding our club back

remigardeshair

Post by remigardeshair »

I just caught a first glimpse of the gator :barscarf:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Following Transfer Deadline Day is a bit like watching us play at the moment. Frustration after frustration as every move breaks down until it's all over and that same flat, uninspiring mood takes over.
If, as looks likely, nothing happens today then he surely has lost the plot. Where do we go from here is the question. The protests need to start, and quickly.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

officepest wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
markyp wrote:defoe or wellbeck?? dog turd sarni or cup of cold sick :barscarf:
Anally rimming a dead wino's prolapsed rectum or sucking rancid tuna out of Kerry Katona's vagina during her period?

:rubchin:
Hmmm..... :rubchin:

One could fit a lot of rancid tuna up Katona's jackpot. A lot. Probably too much.

I'll take the wino.
Yeah. Dead wino ringpiece for me too. :(

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

remigardeshair wrote:I just caught a first glimpse of the gator :barscarf:
:shock:

I can actually hear that music from Jaws... duunnn dunnn... duuuunnnn duun... duuunnnnnnnn dun dun
dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnn dunnnn...

:lol:

Steviegooner

Post by Steviegooner »

Reus?????

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I'm not sure we are going to do very much at all today. I don't think that is as a result of AW managing a charity team though. I think he is managing a charity team because he knows we are not going to do much.

I suspect there are one or two targets identified by Wenger and it is now down to the admin boys to land them. I think Wengers only role today would be to say yes please or no thanks depending upon the deal that is on offer. Personally I don't think a manager should be involved with the money side but we do get the impression that he often is.

The disappointment for me is that we are allegedly looking at loan agreements. That tells me that the transfer kitty will not support the outright purchase of a player. Loanees are far less likely to come to us than purchases.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Things are starting to look "up" :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Kalou's medical is apparently underway

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

SPUDMASHER wrote:I'm not sure we are going to do very much at all today. I don't think that is as a result of AW managing a charity team though. I think he is managing a charity team because he knows we are not going to do much.
Probably, but unless we've secretly lined up, say Messi, then it looks like Wenger is wiping his arse all over your car bonnet and then staring expectantly for a thank you.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

officepest wrote:
SPUDMASHER wrote:I'm not sure we are going to do very much at all today. I don't think that is as a result of AW managing a charity team though. I think he is managing a charity team because he knows we are not going to do much.
Probably, but unless we've secretly lined up, say Messi, then it looks like Wenger is wiping his arse all over your car bonnet and then staring expectantly for a thank you.
:coffeespit:

Thanks mate - that will get me through this depressing day! :lol: 8)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

remigardeshair wrote:I just caught a first glimpse of the gator :barscarf:
Me too ! 1508 hrs and the Gator is already out to play ! Come 2308 there'll be a sea of alligators !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Just had the first bite taken out of me by the Gator as well! :shock: :cry:

duunnn dunnn... duuuunnnn duun... duuunnnnnnnn dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnn dunnnn... :wink:

Dear God this place is fucked tonight! :barscarf: :lol: