The Summer 2014 TRANSFER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

The Summer 2014 TRANSFER THREAD

Post by SteveO 35 »

Uruguay striker Edinson Cavani, 27, has told friends he wants to move to Manchester United after falling out with Paris St-Germain boss Laurent Blanc.

Full story: Metro

Chelsea are preparing to make a £40m bid for 26-year-old Real Madrid forward Karim Benzema in the summer.

Full story: Caughtoffside

Cavani and Benzema aren't coming

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

topgoon

Re: Groundhog transfer deadline day thread

Post by topgoon »

TurnipMasher wrote:Olivier Giroud wanted by Atletico Madrid as La Liga side plan for Diego Costa departure

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z30DkqjsOM

Some sort of swap deal on the cards? :D
Yes I can see that really happening :rubchin:

Raggy

Post by Raggy »

El Shaarawy is injury prone? Ideal for us then!

Bring him!

Peace

TurnipMasher

Post by TurnipMasher »

Arsenal make Lars Bender transfer their top priority for the summer window

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... z30QOyMrpF

I'd really like SteveO's opinion on this :D

Swifty

Post by Swifty »

Raggy wrote:El Shaarawy is injury prone? Ideal for us then!

Bring him!

Peace
Getting injured and having a botched operation does not make one injury prone. This guy is going to be a superstar in a couple of years. Just my view.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Saw this on a blog and wondered what people thought of it? John Terry on a free.

Of course, Lescott is on a free as well and I'd have him in a heartbeat, but suspect that he will end up at a team which will pay serious money.

Both are probably better than Vermaelen and he is off anyway. Granted, we all know that this won't happen and if Wenger stays, we will end up with a 20 year old there.

But would anyone take him?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Not Terry. Far too much of a prick to justify signing at his current level of ability. Not realistic. Also think he is pretty much finished, years of coming back far too early from minor-ish injuries must have taken its toll.

Lescott is a strange one because the bloke wasn't a centre-half. He was barely a full-back at Everton and it was his knack of popping up in a forward's position to grab a goal that made him stand out, not his defending or crossing or whatever you'd normally look for in a full-back. For his faults I'd still take Vermaelen any day but agree he'll likely be gone. Wouldn't be averse to Lescott as a back-up as he's got experience and is fairly reliable but what is his injury record like? Never really know if he's unavailable or just out of favour, City seem to have a habit of finding anybody else but him to fill in at CB.

augie

Post by augie »

If we ever, ever signing that pikey chav c*nt I would be finished with this club forever :evil: There has been a lot of players that I have hated with a vengeance over the years (step forward shearingham and c*ntbag Irish traitor keane :evil: ) but terry has brought my level of hatred to a whole new level

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Chelsea will sign Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa, 25, this summer by offering £32m, a fee which will trigger a release clause.

Full story: The Sun (subscription required)

Pass the Domestos to 1989 !

Costa isn't coming

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Cesc isn't coming

Manchester United will face competition from local rivals Manchester City for the signature of Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas. The 26-year-old former Arsenal captain is set to fall victim to a summer revamp at the Nou Camp.

Full story: Metro

defleppardisking

Post by defleppardisking »

Nobody is coming

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

defleppardisking wrote:Nobody is coming

Other than me and Rodders when the VT is clinched !

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
defleppardisking wrote:Nobody is coming

Other than me and Rodders when the VT is clinched !

Just bought some scented candles for tomorrow night. I will set them up around the TV, dim the lights, drop my drawers and when Ya Ya Toure puts City 3 up the frenzied tugging shall commence :barscarf:

Gonna have to cover everything in cling film to avoid the ire of Mrs. Rodders :barscarf:

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

Vela: possible return to Arsenal

Carlos Vela has hinted at a possible departure from Real Sociedad this summer. The striker does not rule out a return to Arsenal who have an option to buy him back for just €4 million.

The Mexican striker discussed his future with the media, something which is a matter of great concern to the Basque club's supporters.

"I've always said that I am very happy here and I am very happy but we will have to see if we reach an agreement or not. I have some good options out there and here too. I like being where I am and for the moment I have no intention of leaving; but if the time comes to leave, I think I'm ready to try other things. I'm more mature, I've changed my way of thinking and I'm open to anything", he declared.

The Mexican striker is no longer ruling out a possible return to Arsenal: "The €30 million is one option, but we are considering other options to see what can and can't be done. Arsenal could buy me back for €4 million, a million more than Real Sociedad paid. Now I see things differently and I'm open to the idea of Arsenal or any English club. I think I'm ready to go to another country".

http://www.marca.com/2014/05/02/en/foot ... 59369.html

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

augie wrote:If we ever, ever signing that pikey chav c*nt I would be finished with this club forever :evil: There has been a lot of players that I have hated with a vengeance over the years (step forward shearingham and c*ntbag Irish traitor keane :evil: ) but terry has brought my level of hatred to a whole new level
Terry isn't coming. :barscarf:

Utter bastard.