[POLL] Where are you watching final? /Alternative Venues

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

where are you watching the final

Poll ended at Sat May 17, 2014 12:00 pm

Wembley Stadium
21%
Emirates Stadium
3%
Pub in the Arsenal area
21%
Pub in neutral area
9%
Home
42%
Not watching - you have to come up with a VERY good reason!
3%

Total votes: 33

northbankbren

[POLL] Where are you watching final? /Alternative Venues

Post by northbankbren »

Any help an apologies if repeat thread but looking for a gooner pub or venue to watch the match with singing and an atmosphere. In London obviously, know they're doing a screening at the stadium, but want to go somewhere with singing.

Venues?

Or if anyone has a spare :wink:

nut flush gooner

Re: Places other than wembley to watch final???

Post by nut flush gooner »

If I didnt have a ticket I would consider the following venues:

1) Twelve pins (Finsbury park) - A pub that is always rammed pre/post match has good atmosphere AND the service is excellent, you never have to wait that long for a drink. Its big and open plan which is essential for a big match to get a good view of the screens.
2) Worlds end (Finsbury Park) - A less obv alternative but large open plan with a big screen, not been there in a while but there should be a good atmosphere there.
3) The junction (highbury & islington) - Good open plan venue with big screens. Its at the posh end of Holloway road mind so not sure what the atmosphere will be like.
4) Arsenal Tavern (blackstock road) - Loads of pubs in this area including the gunners but the tavern is much more spacious, and the last time I went there had good service.

Im sure other locals can add to this list but imo get to the twelve pins for 2pm, get pissed and enjoy!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I am thinking of going to the Junction purely because of more chance of getting in there at a later time than the 12 pins.
also there is the back up of the Upper Street pubs not too far away.

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

Arsenal Tavern is all ticket for the final, I think (someone correct me) the Pins is first come first served.

And for the love of god if you do go, don't go in your Sunday best, beer will fly :banghead:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

I think the only place around N5 that isn't all ticket is The George...

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

does that mean that the Twelve Pins and the Junction are ticket only?
if so are they available to get now?

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Gunner Rob wrote:does that mean that the Twelve Pins and the Junction are ticket only?
Sorry, 12 Pins is first come first served. From their facebook page;
There will be a £10 admission charge which includes two drinks. Doors will open at 11am and admittance is on a first come, first served basis (no pre-booking/reservations). There will be no admission after 3.30pm. You must be over 21 - minors may be admitted with a responsible adult - strictly no under 15s! Proof of age will be required. Anti-social behaviour will NOT be tolerated and management reserve the right to refuse at all times.
No idea about The Junction...

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

i would go to the 12 Pins BUT to get in you will probably have to be there by 12pm at the latest, which is crazy now that the final doesnt kick off until 5pm.

North-Bank-1987

Post by North-Bank-1987 »

Dan_85 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:does that mean that the Twelve Pins and the Junction are ticket only?
Sorry, 12 Pins is first come first served. From their facebook page;
There will be a £10 admission charge which includes two drinks. Doors will open at 11am and admittance is on a first come, first served basis (no pre-booking/reservations). There will be no admission after 3.30pm. You must be over 21 - minors may be admitted with a responsible adult - strictly no under 15s! Proof of age will be required. Anti-social behaviour will NOT be tolerated and management reserve the right to refuse at all times.
No idea about The Junction...

Could potentially be upwards of a 12 hour session if we win then!

:barscarf:

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Anyone know if the Tollington is ticketed as it's my back up if 12pins is already full by 1pm.

I cannot be drinking from 12 :shock:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

the Tollington is first come, first served.

maybe i'm showing my age but I don't get the need to be drinking 5-6 hours BEFORE the match - I would rather drink for 5-6 hours AFTER the match (hopefully celebrating!)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:the Tollington is first come, first served.

maybe i'm showing my age but I don't get the need to be drinking 5-6 hours BEFORE the match - I would rather drink for 5-6 hours AFTER the match (hopefully celebrating!)
Why not both, Mary Jane? :gayflag:

:-P :wink: :wink:

But yeah, it's an age thing. In my 20's and 30's it was often early morning drinking on match day right through to the following day depending on the result. In Paris 06 I started at 4am on the morning of the CL final and finished up at 7.30/8am the following morning. And I'm talking solid drinking. Now in my 40's, even the thought of that much drinking would just not interest me anymore at all. :| It's a young man's game! :wink:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

What a bunch of shandy drinking puffdas this forum is !

I am 45 and will easily get into double figures on saturday, starting at 12 noon, drinking in the ground and afterwards.

What's the big deal about getting to a pub early because you will be plastered by 5pm, thats the idea! Have a hearty brekkie, get there for lunchtime and raise a beer for the Arsenal. Even if its too early you can get to a good pub, reserve your spot and drink peckham spring until 1-30/2pm !

remigardeshair

Post by remigardeshair »

I'm going to watch it at home with a nice cup of tea.

I might even have a hot chocolate if we are winning.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:What a bunch of shandy drinking puffdas this forum is !

I am 45 and will easily get into double figures on saturday, starting at 12 noon, drinking in the ground and afterwards.

What's the big deal about getting to a pub early because you will be plastered by 5pm, thats the idea! Have a hearty brekkie, get there for lunchtime and raise a beer for the Arsenal. Even if its too early you can get to a good pub, reserve your spot and drink peckham spring until 1-30/2pm !
You don't get crushing 3 day hangovers nowadays? :o

Christ I do. :|

Seriously. Back in the day I could go on the piss after work, do a full day the next day no bother, go back on the sauce that night, do an all-dayer on saturday or sunday (depending on which day I played footy) and do that for months on end. A fry up or a cure the next morning was all I needed. 8)

Nowdays? One night on the piss = 3 days of hangover hell. :( :lol: