Man City Community Shield

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Supagoon

Re: Man City Community Shield

Post by Supagoon »

exactly, support Arsenal not Scudamore's 'product'.

City should let him leave after everything he has done for them. He wants to move to a club with real ambition and where he will be truly wanted.

Plus you can watch Revista La Liga if you miss toure that much.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

If the likes of City start selling their best players AND not replacing them AND ditching tactics then Wenger will finally have his desired level-playing field :barscarf:

Theoperator

Re: Next game Man City Community Shield

Post by Theoperator »

G_G wrote:

Well, AFC.com has already listed it as 'Friendly' ... so there you go :cussing: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
http://www.arsenal.com/fixtures/first-team
Now removed-....... interesting ...maybe they read The Forum :barscarf: :rubchin:

G_G

Re: Next game Man City Community Shield

Post by G_G »

Theoperator wrote:
G_G wrote:

Well, AFC.com has already listed it as 'Friendly' ... so there you go :cussing: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
http://www.arsenal.com/fixtures/first-team
Now removed-....... interesting ...maybe they read The Forum :barscarf: :rubchin:
LOL!!!! They've just added : 'community shield' ...
Which sounds waaaaay better than 'friendly' ;-)

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

I've decided to be very generous (oh so generous!!!) about this and pass up on the offer to buy tickets for either the Charity Shield or Emirates Cup... Yes I know, a chance of seeing us win another two trophies, but prefer to give someone else the opportunity :wink: !

Post by 1989 »

augie wrote:
VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:Hopefully Yaya Toure will have left before this match.

Have to say that I dont want yaya to leave the premiership - the attraction of the english game will dwindle significantly if it cannot retain the top players and despite the fact that he has behaved like a total dick (to put it mildly :roll: ), he is still one of the best players in the world.
This is hilarious. The PL can lose all of its 'attractions' for all I care as long as our rivals are weakened. City handpick our players as they see fit, offer 3 times the wages we can afford and don't give a flying fuck about FFP. Well in Toure I say.

When we lose our top players no one mentions what a loss it is for the PL. They just taunt us for being a "feeder club" and lacking ambition.

augie

Post by augie »

1989 wrote:
augie wrote:

Have to say that I dont want yaya to leave the premiership - the attraction of the english game will dwindle significantly if it cannot retain the top players and despite the fact that he has behaved like a total dick (to put it mildly :roll: ), he is still one of the best players in the world.
This is hilarious. The PL can lose all of its 'attractions' for all I care as long as our rivals are weakened. City handpick our players as they see fit, offer 3 times the wages we can afford and don't give a flying fuck about FFP. Well in Toure I say.

When we lose our top players no one mentions what a loss it is for the PL. They just taunt us for being a "feeder club" and lacking ambition.

We ARE a feeder club because we continually bend over anytime a big club comes knocking or when one of our players looks to leave - we did not have to sell the citeeh lesbo, we did not have to sell rvp, we did not have to sell greedywhore and we did not have to sell the phone loving judas cashley c.unt but yet we sold them all because we allowed the players and other clubs to bully us into selling :oops: :evil: I would suggest that clichy, kolo and cesc had all given enough good service to the club to allow them to leave, but the others should have been told to either focus on playing for us or focus on sitting in the stands for the year

What you are advocating is a losers mentality - you want others to lose quality players so that their standards drop to our level, whilst I want and expect the club to rise our standards to meet theirs. We have over £100m sitting in the banks so don't you think that the addition of 3 quality players and 1 quality manager would bring us up to a level where we could compete with anybody ? Doesn't competing and winning a high quality league have more kudo's than winning a piss poor league ?

Btw if citeeh and the rest of the other clubs start losing their star players, don't you think that it will have a knock on effect on us ? Do you think that top quality players will join us to play in a mickey mouse league ?

manninger

Post by manninger »

G_G wrote:
Leyton Gooner wrote:Fuck the attraction and quality of the premier league "brand". If it weakens a rival (yeah yeah I know :lol:) then I'm all for it. I only care about the best players playing for Arsenal, sod the rest of em
Well said , Sir ;-)
spot on

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

manninger wrote:
G_G wrote:
Leyton Gooner wrote:Fuck the attraction and quality of the premier league "brand". If it weakens a rival (yeah yeah I know :lol:) then I'm all for it. I only care about the best players playing for Arsenal, sod the rest of em
Well said , Sir ;-)
spot on
this again.

christ, never did i think i'd read PL brand bollocks on here :roll:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
manninger wrote:
G_G wrote:
Well said , Sir ;-)
spot on
this again.

christ, never did i think i'd read PL brand bollocks on here :roll:
Especially from the two posters involved :? :lol:

Post by 1989 »

augie wrote:
1989 wrote:
augie wrote:

We ARE a feeder club because we continually bend over anytime a big club comes knocking or when one of our players looks to leave - we did not have to sell the citeeh lesbo, we did not have to sell rvp, we did not have to sell greedywhore and we did not have to sell the phone loving judas cashley c.unt but yet we sold them all because we allowed the players and other clubs to bully us into selling :oops: :evil: I would suggest that clichy, kolo and cesc had all given enough good service to the club to allow them to leave, but the others should have been told to either focus on playing for us or focus on sitting in the stands for the year

What you are advocating is a losers mentality - you want others to lose quality players so that their standards drop to our level, whilst I want and expect the club to rise our standards to meet theirs. We have over £100m sitting in the banks so don't you think that the addition of 3 quality players and 1 quality manager would bring us up to a level where we could compete with anybody ? Doesn't competing and winning a high quality league have more kudo's than winning a piss poor league ?

Btw if citeeh and the rest of the other clubs start losing their star players, don't you think that it will have a knock on effect on us ? Do you think that top quality players will join us to play in a mickey mouse league ?
No, because in the history books it won't say "Arsenal won the league in x year, but the competition was piss poor".

As for the knock on effect of City losing their best players, again no, players won't join us because of the strength of our rivals. They only care about our stature in the game and money. Case in point Radamel Falcao. Why would a player of that calibre go and waste his prime years in the shitty French league?

Oh and 10,000 posts! :barscarf: Can I now claim to be a OG legend? :lol: :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

1989, radamel falcao joined Monaco because he had no choice - his registration/rights was owned by a 3rd party group of individuals and they decide who they will sell him to and profit is their ONLY motivation :x This sort of deal is the norm in south America and will continue to work that way in the future

Btw 10,000 posts......how many were wildly exaggerated claims about potential signings ? :lol: :lol:

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

Double post.
Last edited by VAVAVOOM 14 on Thu May 22, 2014 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

augie wrote:

he is still one of the best players in the world.
Hence, the reason I want him gone from City and out of the Premier League. I could care less about the attraction of the PL, City's quality severely diminishes if he leaves.

I don't think you'd find many rival fans crying about the quality of the league if Madrid prised Ramsey, away.

Besides, the PL will always be the biggest league in the world, no other league comes close in terms of popularity.

And I'd argue we have more top players collectively than any other league in the world, anyway.

Post by 1989 »

augie wrote:1989, radamel falcao joined Monaco because he had no choice - his registration/rights was owned by a 3rd party group of individuals and they decide who they will sell him to and profit is their ONLY motivation :x This sort of deal is the norm in south America and will continue to work that way in the future

Btw 10,000 posts......how many were wildly exaggerated claims about potential signings ? :lol: :lol:
:D

Could've been worse, they could've been long-winded, paragraph-less posts with little value or insight! :lol: :wink: