Man City Community Shield

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Man City Community Shield

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:Can't read too much into the charity shield. We played well and won. Cool. Great goal by Giroud but the MOTM award was embarrassing. Everyone played ok or well. Jack is still a lightweight and spends too much time on the deck moaning at the ref. Sanchez was good given he has only arrived ffs. Chambers looks useful for a kid. Gibbs still cannot cross a ball but Debuchy can! :shock: Debuchy already looks like a serious upgrade on Sagna. And before augie shits his bald head out through his own ass, :wink: let me qualify that by saying Sagna of the last 2 years when he was ubershite because up to that Sagna was quality (apart from his shite crossing).

If we can keep Ramsey fit he will rip alot of teams a new asshole in their necks. 8) If Wenger would sign a top CH, a top DM and a top striker we would win the PL. Also, Wenger would need to leave and let in a pragmatic tactical manager too. :|

The Poznan pisstake was gold. :lol: Also, really enjoyed the boos every time KD Lang features touched the ball, and even when he touched his LOSERS medal!! :lol: Well played Gooners! 8)

Have always hated the choreographed European shite; virgin losers down the front with loudhalers, the poznan, the crowd calling out a player's surname after the announcer calls the first name, and all that Ultras bollocks. Absolute wankography. :oops: :oops: :roll:

I take your point but most of us complain about the absolute shite atmosphere at games nowadays so shouldn't anything that gets the crowd involved be good ? What is it exactly that we want to do that will improve the atmosphere ? :? We Gooners are trying to choreograph our atmosphere by organising singing sections so how is that any different ?

For me there is no easy or obvious way to improve the atmosphere at football games nowadays, but I will say that I would much rather have the Poznan than our flat atmosphere :oops:

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Theres no doubt that standing ("Safe" or whatever!) would improve the atmosphere no end, almost all of the lower tier blocks stood, and I can hardly bloody talk today :oops:

no wonder away support (Ours or whoevers) is almost always better, besides its easier to do a Posnan pistake when you are already standing :wink: .

Even people in a church sing when standing :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Can't read too much into the charity shield. We played well and won. Cool. Great goal by Giroud but the MOTM award was embarrassing. Everyone played ok or well. Jack is still a lightweight and spends too much time on the deck moaning at the ref. Sanchez was good given he has only arrived ffs. Chambers looks useful for a kid. Gibbs still cannot cross a ball but Debuchy can! :shock: Debuchy already looks like a serious upgrade on Sagna. And before augie shits his bald head out through his own ass, :wink: let me qualify that by saying Sagna of the last 2 years when he was ubershite because up to that Sagna was quality (apart from his shite crossing).

If we can keep Ramsey fit he will rip alot of teams a new asshole in their necks. 8) If Wenger would sign a top CH, a top DM and a top striker we would win the PL. Also, Wenger would need to leave and let in a pragmatic tactical manager too. :|

The Poznan pisstake was gold. :lol: Also, really enjoyed the boos every time KD Lang features touched the ball, and even when he touched his LOSERS medal!! :lol: Well played Gooners! 8)

Have always hated the choreographed European shite; virgin losers down the front with loudhalers, the poznan, the crowd calling out a player's surname after the announcer calls the first name, and all that Ultras bollocks. Absolute wankography. :oops: :oops: :roll:

I take your point but most of us complain about the absolute shite atmosphere at games nowadays so shouldn't anything that gets the crowd involved be good ? What is it exactly that we want to do that will improve the atmosphere ? :? We Gooners are trying to choreograph our atmosphere by organising singing sections so how is that any different ?

For me there is no easy or obvious way to improve the atmosphere at football games nowadays, but I will say that I would much rather have the Poznan than our flat atmosphere :oops:
TBH I don't think anyone has the answer... even safe standing areas aren't guaranteed to improve the atmos as a good few silent fuckers will want to get in there too! But I don't think organising a singing section is as premeditated and "false" as some bell end down the front with a loudhailer not even watching the game.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

What I liked about Giroud"s goal wasn't the finish - great strike but he might score one a season max. Its the way he used his body and the bloke trying to nick the ball from behind just bounced off him. He is a big bloke but should be more physically imposing, it would make a big difference to his game.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

spendsum4uckingmoney wrote:I'm sure Sanchez will improve but his performance was abysmal today. Reminds me of Walcott when we got him- all pace and no thinking skills.
Fu :censored: r turned up dressed like this as well. Get your earphone off and your tie up Alexis, else youre off :| :wink: :wink:

Midz

Post by Midz »

northbank123 wrote:What I liked about Giroud"s goal wasn't the finish - great strike but he might score one a season max. Its the way he used his body and the bloke trying to nick the ball from behind just bounced off him. He is a big bloke but should be more physically imposing, it would make a big difference to his game.
Agreed, I liked that too. If he uses his build to be more commanding it will definitely improve his overall game.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

silus wrote:
the playing mantis wrote:usual moronic flip flopping gooners.

we are going to win the league cos we beat a half interested city in a mickey mouse meaningless game.

ffs. when will you people learn. the major issues still havent been addressed. until they are we wont chellenge.

sure we may lead the table a squirk of the fuxtures for a lengthy spell again but come squeaky bum time we wont be in the mix.

this result just convinces the clown in charge the squads good enough and gets the flip floppers off his back for afew months.

in isolation a nice result but city were beaten in preseason last year.

people have such short memories.

sanchez is a quality signing and chmabers could be, but realistically we are 1 first team starter better than last year..sanchez...we still have giroud leading the line and flaminin and arteta as the dm.

until a quality dm is signed and a back cb and if we are being properly realistic, a better striker than giroud and sanogo we aint going to be troubling the big boys.

i cant take omfort from this result as i know as well as all of you deep down it will mean we do not address the DM or CB issues
Oh dear.
which of my statements isnt correct then??????

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

nut flush gooner wrote:
the playing mantis wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
the playing mantis wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:Just got back from the game, what an embarrassment city are. We had our allocation restricted again only to see thousands of empty seats in their upper tier. If the game had been played at old trafford we still would have taken 30,000 up there even if the tickets went to red members. And yet they claim to be a big club?

The footy itself wasn't anything to get too carried away about it was a friendly after all. But we should feel encouraged that we have bought real quality in Sanchez who despite playing out wide did actually track back (Podolski take note), Ramsey carried on from last season and Jack had a good run out. I am expecting Jack to do a Ramsey this season and step up a level. Chambers aside of a few shaky moments looks solid at the back.

For the first time in years despite what the whingers say on here, we have a squad good enough to challenge for the title.

Best bit of the game was all the lower tier doing the posnan and mocking city's pathetic support.
look forward to your comments in may.

if we dont sign a dm and cb we wont challenge***. and challenging means going to the wire. it doesnt mean leading the league august-march

i just dont get some people on here. had we lost today the attitude would be completely different. one victory in a meaningless game against disinterested oppo means that people are now ignoring the deficiencies that they themselves have been banging on about that will undermine us...

plus the akbs come out in force clutching at any straw they can.

if we sign a quality dm i will be, as will most whingers, fairly confident of competing. if we signed a proper goalscorer and back up cb too i would be confident of having agood chance of the league.

we need a CB and DM and a back up left back instead of monreal would be welcome, why not just sign daley blind who can fill all 3?

***edit should say if we dont sign a dm and to lesser extent CB
My comments in May are irrelevant and I am not an AKB, as far as I am concerned if we didn't win the the FA cup last season wenger should have been fired.

But the fact that I don't want him sacked now doesn't make me an AKB, it is still possible to support the manager in his position but disagree with some of the things he does. I look at the bigger picture generally.

We challenged for the title last season, in the end getting thumped at city, pool and everton was pretty much the difference between fourth and a higher finish. This season we have more options, need to keep our players fit at key times and a bit of luck.

Not sure which part of this you don't get, its quite simple really. Generally most of the teams in the prem have weaknesses in certain positions even city. Wenger might buy a DM, that would most definitely put us in contention. I saw many positives today, what a shame you didn't.
how are your comments in may irrelevant, it will all be done and dusted by then and we will know if we have done enough this summer to challenge by then. those who care to take the blinkers off will know we are still short in key positions, for no reason than he manger not choosing to spend the money available to him to strenghen sufficiently. as for the fa cup swaying you well, good to know you dont give a toss about the previous 7 years of mis managment and poor decisions. jeez we have some fickle fans.
Fickle loool. That has to be the most hilarious thing I've heard on a footie forum. First you call me a AKB then when I suggest that wenger should be sacked based on not winning the FA cup I am fickle. Go and buy yourself an oxford dictionary. I really don't think you know what you are talking about.

yeah cos fickle isnt changing your opinion of the manager based on one result is it.....

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

We don't half have some "uber" fans on here lately with their "uber" opinions and "uber" insight into the game and their always "uber" right :roll:

Tell you what, give us all an "uber" rest for a day so you can take in some much deserved "uber" "me" time :wink: 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:We don't half have some "uber" fans on here lately with their "uber" opinions and "uber" insight into the game and their always "uber" right :roll:

Tell you what, give us all an "uber" rest for a day so you can take in some much deserved "uber" "me" time :wink: 8)
Uberwhat? :|

:-P :wink:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Tell you another thing that's got to stop....player selfies on the pitch. Nearly as annoying as Topgoon's use of the third person!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Eboue-Why? wrote:Tell you another thing that's got to stop....player selfies on the pitch. Nearly as annoying as Topgoon's use of the third person!
This ^^ The fucking selfies are vapid teenage girl level embarrassing. :oops: :roll:

However I do defend topgoon's right to make a bellend of himself. :lol: :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:We don't half have some "uber" fans on here lately with their "uber" opinions and "uber" insight into the game and their always "uber" right :roll:

Uberwhat? :|

:-P :wink:
Uber twat :wink:

spendsum4uckingmoney

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

northbank123 wrote:What I liked about Giroud"s goal wasn't the finish - great strike but he might score one a season max. Its the way he used his body and the bloke trying to nick the ball from behind just bounced off him. He is a big bloke but should be more physically imposing, it would make a big difference to his game.
Hope Giroud doesnt keep trying long range shots, cus does it a lot and fails all the time.

Post by 1989 »

More than winning the trophy, we've laid down a marker and sent a message with this victory.