Goodbye Sagna

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
topcat

Goodbye Sagna

Post by topcat »

http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/22/bacary-sa ... l-4736336/

Thanks for the 7 years, you've been brilliant.

Gutted. :(

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Re: Goodbye Sagna

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Cheerio. Make sure you shut the door on your way out :rubchin: :|

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

Been a great servant to the club and I am concerned about how we are going to replace him but given the deal on offer at City understandable from his side and our side not to match the offer. No doubt he'll be cast as a money grabber by some and booed on his return but personally have no animosity towards him.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

No animosity here. No particular feelings either way

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

Meh.

Good player, would rather he stay but he isnt on the way up in terms of performances etc.

No animosity here, but dont think its a huge disaster - we will miss him more as a CB!

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

he'll make a lot of money and we'll get a big player of the wage bill. job done :barscarf:

aurier will come in a prove we don't buy superstars, we make them :barscarf:
steveo, back me up on this 8)

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Liked Sagna but I would not want us giving a 31yr old a £100k+ a week contract. Good luck to him. No point in booing him City is his pension plan, we'd all do it.

Good luck,God bless, say hello to the lezza.

Post by 1989 »

Thanks for the memories and enjoy the wages.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

I think most fans will see it as others on this thread. A great retirement present for him...and not one that I would have wanted us to match.

Amazing though that City can afford this much money for a 31 year old (who I presume that they only want as cover?)...especially given the "harsh" punishment they've just received over breaches of FFP :shock: !

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

If the figures quoted in the media are somewht correct,then he had to go ,too much for a 31yr old for us to keep him,i liked the guy but couldnt beat a man,now and again he managed to get a cross past the 1st man.Cant see him replacing zabaletta,gone for the money but i suppose who wouldnt if you were looking at a pension scheme that he will get at city.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:he'll make a lot of money and we'll get a big player of the wage bill. job done :barscarf:

aurier will come in a prove we don't buy superstars, we make them :barscarf:
steveo, back me up on this 8)
Arsene doesn't buy millionaires......he makes them

Aurier is definitely coming my friend......and you're welcome to join me and Rodders who will be too when he's paraded at the Emirates Cup

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Great servant of the club for the past near decade. Wish him well at his new club AND WILL APPLAUD HIM WHEN HE RETURNS TO THE EMIRATES.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

With his ability to cover at centre back as well as start at right back, letting him go is a mistake.

But as others have said, it offers us opportunity to get a better attacking right back, provided it is one who can also defend.

Jenkinson not good enough to regularly start.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

QuartzGooner wrote:With his ability to cover at centre back as well as start at right back, letting him go is a mistake.

But as others have said, it offers us opportunity to get a better attacking right back, provided it is one who can also defend.

Jenkinson not good enough to regularly start.
too true.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Not too worried as long as decent replacement comes in, Sagna has at time over the years been as abysmal as he has been excellent. The cup final being an example.