Forming a breakway club?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
grimandman

Forming a breakway club?

Post by grimandman »

I feel that the angst with the way our club is run is misdirected when focused on Wenger, this just dilutes the power of the fan base. It should solely be focused on the the owners, who seek to create a profit making company out of a social activity that we are all incredibly emotionally connected. I find this a horrific situation. A football club could harness the good will of its fans in a much more socially powerful way, it could be a vehicle for good. Instead we are treated as customers of a product who are willing to pay whatever it takes to follow our club, we are treated in no different way than apple treat their customers, all though at least then you know that if your paying top dollar, your getting a top dollar product.

I can not be the only person that felt rather patronised by the way "thanks to our fans" was plastered around the victory parade, a real thanks to the fans would be to help them in their pocket, so they are able to support their families better or if the club actually got involved in the community in more than just superficial marketing ploys.

I feel the fans that are really horrified and scared in the direction the future of our club is going should band together to create a Arsenal FC breakaway. A club with the aim of usurping the current club, and bringing the football club under the ownership of the Arsenal Fans.

Creating a club that cares about the fans because those that run it are the fans seeking. A club that has compassion for the community that makes it. I know United fans have tried to do something like this, and so far have not been very successful, but we are better than them, much more able. I am sure if we worked together we could create a breakaway Arsenal Club owned by the fans. Anybody interested on taking Kroenke on?

QuartzGooner

Re: Forming a breakway club?

Post by QuartzGooner »

I want Kroenke out, but a new club would not be Arsenal.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Arsenal is an Islington institution ,where can you find a spare Pitch let alone a stadium in the Borough ?

If u cant then u might as well fuck off and join Wimbledon or support Barnet or the O's !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

grimandman wrote:I feel that the angst with the way our club is run is misdirected when focused on Wenger, this just dilutes the power of the fan base. It should solely be focused on the the owners, who seek to create a profit making company out of a social activity that we are all incredibly emotionally connected...
USMarty.... is that you...? :rubchin:

I'll ban you again. :roll:

:wink:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

grimandman - I agree with some of the sentiments but to be honest I don't see how forming a new club would be taking Kroenke on? you wouldn't be just taking on Kroenke, you would also be taking on the still vast majority of the Arsenal fanbase.

surely a better way would be to use that fanbase to put increasing pressure on Kroenke, by stepping up demonstrations against him , both inside and outside of the ground.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Start a fan run club which will generate next to no profit to take on a multimillion pound worldwide brand.

A plan that could leave the decent honest hard working people involved in this venture out of pocket if there is little to no interest where as if people feign interest in Arsenal he can either push the brand into foreign markets or sell his stakes and make a tidy multimillion dollar profit.

I understand where you're coming from but don't bother because your idea won't work.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

The Arsenal FC breakaway = start supporting non-league Barnet home and away.

Ultimatum94

Post by Ultimatum94 »

MK Dons Mk II?

You can stick it where the sun don't shine, mate.

Nothing can replace The Arsenal.

Whatever you're motives are.

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

Bloody Hell.

A nice simple opening post from a new forum member.

Whatever happened to 'Hi, my name is Alphonse and my favourite player is Jock Wilshere' etc.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

TheCook wrote:Bloody Hell.

Whatever happened to 'Hi, my name is Alphonse and my favourite player is Jock Wilshere' etc.
Is that Jacks Scottish Cousin :? :lol:

Edit
Is there an A missing in the thread title :rubchin:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Not new just lazy, he joined in November :roll: :-P :lol:

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:

Edit
Whoooosh

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:

Not new just lazy, he joined in November :roll: :-P :lol:
Took them till now to type and complete their thesis- some of us are slow typists dont you know :lol:

Incidentally I used to love Jocky Wilson as well, will our jock ever get as big :shock:

Last edited by Theoperator on Wed May 28, 2014 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

TheCook wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:

Edit
Whoooosh

Yeah Yeah Alfonso :roll:

spendsum4uckingmoney

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

FC United is not Man UTD. FC United is just run by a bunch of opportunists who thought it would be good to cash in on the disenfranchment of UTD supporters, by deluding them into thinking they are the same. They obviously are not the same but I guess its a cheap alternative.