Info for Debenture/Bondholders

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Kallstrom29

Re: Info for Debenture/Bondholders

Post by Kallstrom29 »

StuartL wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:Still can't buy in to this thing.

If ever there was an example of why our fans can't really get together on anything, then you only have to look back to the 90's and the bond issue.
Going through my boxes of Arsenal crap the other week, I found a copy of the original bond prospectus, which got sent out to me as I was a season ticket holder at the time......I can remember being worried that if I didn't cough up I might not be able to keep my season ticket.
The terms and conditions of all classes of the bonds state that at the start of each season you have the right to a season ticket as long as you hold the bond. There may have been some special requirements in the early years to benefit from the reduced season ticket prices.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

StuartL wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:Still can't buy in to this thing.

If ever there was an example of why our fans can't really get together on anything, then you only have to look back to the 90's and the bond issue.
Going through my boxes of Arsenal crap the other week, I found a copy of the original bond prospectus, which got sent out to me as I was a season ticket holder at the time......I can remember being worried that if I didn't cough up I might not be able to keep my season ticket.
At Highbury the bond entitled you to a seat with your name on it. My understanding was if you did not take up your right to a season ticket, that the club would sell your seat on a match by match basis.

During the first 10 years we had a ridiculously cheap season ticket which couldn't be increased any more than the rate of inflation, so until 2003 the cost was only around £3-£400 with the prices around the rest of the stadium going through the roof. Pretty good deal it was, if you look at the discount you got over those ten years it would add up to a good few thousand quid and some.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

The discount was a refund on the sum you paid for your bond.

nut flush gooner

A11M11 wrote:The discount was a refund on the sum you paid for your bond.
Ohh it wasn't. My bond cost £1.5k in 1992 and by the time the discount expired circa 2003 I probably saved over £5k (probably a lot more) in discounted season tickets. From memory in 2003 a comparable east upper season ticket cost nearly a grand, my ticket was a lot less than this.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Would have been nice for everyone to support the people who couldn't benefit from the bond.

But at least it reinforces the state we're in and as I previously said, gives an insight as to why Arsenal fans as a whole will never sacrifice something for the greater good.

I love my club but wish it was different at times.

:barscarf:

nut flush gooner

arseofacrow wrote:Would have been nice for everyone to support the people who couldn't benefit from the bond.

But at least it reinforces the state we're in and as I previously said, gives an insight as to why Arsenal fans as a whole will never sacrifice something for the greater good.

I love my club but wish it was different at times.

:barscarf:
You see all my non bond holding mates who where season ticket holders ripped the shit out of me for spending £1.5k on a bond back in the day. But as each season went by, and their season tickets ticked up by inordinate amounts I think I had the last laugh. I still do all these years later as one of the last in my social group of friends to have a season ticket.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

You see all my non bond holding mates who where season ticket holders ripped the shit out of me for spending £1.5k on a bond back in the day. But as each season went by, and their season tickets ticked up by inordinate amounts I think I had the last laugh.
This!!

I took out a bank loan to buy my 'A' bond back in the day and never regretted it. Those ST were so cheap I saved a fortune even though I had to pay interest on the loan. I finally sold the bond last year for £2k. Well happy with the deal.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Im thinking of selling myself u got 2 k last year ???

I have 2 of the fuckers and dont intend going much anymore

~!